Reviews for Tastes Like Trophies
bhoney chapter 7 . 4/2/2008
Stellar job, as usual! Such great banter. I had to laugh every time I read this line (and it was like 5 times, it never seemed to get old :) ): "Eyes on the guy who is either going to give you a tip or put his foot where the sun don’t shine depending on how you treat his car.” That was SO Dean!

I liked the bit of insight from Dean on how any story could really be summed up in a sentence or two. Kinda sad to see his life (and feelings about his mom's death) summed up that way. One of my favorite parts was where Dean was telling Sam about the memory of his mom teaching him colors-so sad, and sweet. I wanted to cry.

Thanks, by the way, for portraying Dean as smart (Hemmingway, etc.). He seems to get a bum rap from the demon contingent as being stupid, but I don't think he is at all, so it was nice that you put stuff like that in. I noticed you did that in other stories as well.

I loved this: “I paid a fortune for this place and they just tried to kill us! I haven’t even done anything to piss them off yet!” “A preemptive strike?” LOL

Dean's poor leg. He's going to limp forever if this keeps up!

And then this: "It made Sam’s heart ache to know that was how Dean saw almost everything in his life. No choice. It had to be done so he would do it. He would fight and work and struggle, no matter the cost to himself. And while Sam bridled beneath the constraints, Dean doggedly worked to his own hurt, never complaining. It was so much a part of his character, he wouldn’t know how to change it if he wanted to." Wow. Great insight. So sad, yet true. That's the essence of Dean. I love that Sam knows him well enough to see this, and that it mades him sad too.

Man, between The Shining and this story, I'm now going to have a healthy distrust of animal topiary. :) Creepy!

Love Sam calling Dean the "Titanic of ghost hunting." Too true! LOL And I have to say, I'd love ANY sort of explanation that would make sense of Sam kissing a cow. :)

If you ask me, that Smedley guy got off easy-he tried to kill our boys! More than once! AND made Dean doubt himself. He deserved at least a punch or two. But, at least "we burnt half the place down. That’ll teach ‘em not to mess up my vacation." :)

Thank you! Your stories make my day!
frenchfredo chapter 7 . 1/1/2008
you are the perfect author for a january first, when your five year old comes for breakfast at 9am not bothering at all that you only went to sleep a couple hours earlier. Easy, funny, not overdramatic, and very entertaining. Thanks.
frenchfredo chapter 5 . 1/1/2008
His brother was too tall anyway, Dean mentally muttered. They probably thought he was a tree. LMAO
frenchfredo chapter 3 . 1/1/2008
“Dude, who has time to make animals out of bushes!” well, hum,Stephen King in the Shining?... And that's not a reassuring thought...
frenchfredo chapter 2 . 1/1/2008
loved the memory
frenchfredo chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
hehe, nice start! Poor guys, not one chance to have a quiet stay in a nice hotel right...
kwater chapter 7 . 7/12/2007
Sorry I didn't review as I read but it was a great story.. Nice read for a sunny afternoon.. Thanks K
Pukah chapter 7 . 6/4/2007
Yay... that Huntington man made me think of Jumanji _

What's to say? Your fics are pure genius. Ilove how you write the characters just like they are.
Pukah chapter 3 . 6/4/2007
Uau! I'm having a ficathon with your supernatural fanfics... and I'm loving it.

I just noticed that I hadn't reviewd any, thought. So full of shame here I write my humble opinion... which is that your fics are great. I like the way yo mix angst and fun, never really going into the chick flick moment but somehow squinting it every now and then.

By the way... the Topiary... XD I just can't help thinking of Stephen King's The Shinning. Creepy!
heather03nmg chapter 7 . 3/18/2007
Giggles again...tastes like topiary!

I'm an angst hurt Dean girl but these stories are so funny that I can't resist. Thanks for the laughs and the few scenes with hurt Dean thrown in, can never have too much angst or chick flick moments if you want to add some in for the next story!
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Ok, usually I hold my reviews until the end, but the cockroach contest had me laughing so hard I was in tears!

Dude, you're awesome!
Xdaisy chainX chapter 7 . 1/17/2007
“Tastes like topiary.”

i did just have to pick myself up off the floor from laughing just then lol

loved this one too, attacking shrubbery...sounds ridiculous when you say it out loud...but i just proves what a talented writer you are when you can make something like that work

XsarahX

...p.s. im kinda getting through your collection of fics quite quickly, any new ones coming up? x
Surplus Imagination chapter 7 . 11/1/2006
More tigers I see. You must like them. This reminds me of the Shining. I can't remember if the movie showed them, but the book had the animal topiary garden come alive. Scary scene.
Rinne chapter 7 . 10/24/2006
I'm behind on my reading, hence only getting back to this now.

I really liked this, nice lot of whumping, which I definitely can't complain about.
rozzy07 chapter 7 . 9/26/2006
That was one hell of a read, surreal, funny, biting and seriously great. I always thought hunting as a past time was never a healthy option.. and this great story proves me right! From lions to bears to human ghosts, life is never easy for those boys. Great inventive story.
110 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »