Reviews for Dancing Alone
summershine chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
I absolutely and positively LOVED this one-shot. SO many people always take the fact that SyaoranxSakura is their favorite pairing, add the fact that Meilin was jealous of them, because she LOVED Syaoran, and tried to split them up... and makes her the villian of their story, ticking me off to no end. I may be slightly biast, seeing that she is my favorite character from CCS, but I do connect with her on so many levels, and I have always felt very empathetic and sympathetic for her. Poor girl - she loves Syaoran, and he's the only thing she has, since she has no magic to uphold her magic. Yet one girl steals everything from her - her Syaoran, with just one look. I think it took Meilin a lot to break off her engagement to him and return to Hong Kong, especially as he was her best friend and shildhood love. So, anyway, after that very long spiel you're probably rolling your eyes at, :), I just wanted to say that it was so nice to read a POSITIVE Meilin fic, and that you also made it charmingly angsty, if you no what I mean, and you did an awsome job. :) Keep writing, you have a real gift there!
Mendori-chan chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
... (;_;) excellent piece of work
AutumnIllusion chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
::starry eyes:: simply beautiful. Meiling is such a character that has so many complicated concepts running through her, yet in this, you gathered it all and made it happen without any doubts. Your style is so...i like it, how all ideas come across without dragging through, and the style comes out really nicely. The whole dancing alone thing was a really nice way of looking at it. And the snipets from the past worked in perfect...this is so going on my favorites )
The Weaver Atropos chapter 1 . 11/29/2003
Another of your great fics. I love it!
Candyland chapter 1 . 8/5/2003
Go Meiling!
what used to be meemee chapter 1 . 9/16/2002
i was checking out your blog, and i was bored so i picked a random fic from your 'from out the tray' pile. and i found this. now i generally despise fics written in first person, but there are exceptions to every rule, and this was an exception. i absolutely adored this. i strongly feel that meilin is a hard character to write, but the way you portrayed her here is so natural and so beautiful. and i especially liked the extended metaphor of the 'dancing' thing with yelan.

so basically i loved another one of your fics. so what else is new? ;)

/meemee
meiling-sama chapter 1 . 7/22/2002
cool fic! i luved the idea of two dancing as one. its very true what is said about dancing alone, its easiest becuz u follow your own rhythm, but dancing with two is harder, becuz you have to be able to synchronize with the other person. Subarashiikatta desu wa!
Campino chapter 1 . 3/18/2002
This is amazing piece of work. Daisuki! You are talented, keep up the good work!
xiiao chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
Very well written, I loved how you made Meiling so nice. I'm a MeiLi fan but it was very good to see a fanfiction such as yours.. I hope you write more like this one. I loved it, very kawaii...
Moonlit Rain chapter 1 . 1/24/2002
Soooooooooo sweet! I love fics where they give so much respect to Meiling! Your fics are sooooo lovely!
Card Sorcerer chapter 1 . 1/14/2002
Yay, good fic, nice protrayal of Meiling! I always liked her after she willingly gave up her engagement with Syaoran in the Sakura card arc.
fufu chapter 1 . 12/31/2001
I thought this was a beautiful story and it should've got more ratings. Meiling is miss under

stood, thanks for showing the true side of her the

gentle side. She's meant to dance alone.

She'll find someone one-day...
Lotus chapter 1 . 11/10/2001
Great job! _ So sad that Meilin is alone, but is just that she hasn't found the one yet...
JM chapter 1 . 10/7/2001
i just love this! *cries* in my opinion, this is one of the most dramatic fic i've read! you've manage to portray meilin as the kind of person who would let the one she loves, go, so he can be happy. not those fics who would descibe her as a jealous cousin(so sorry, didn't mean to offend anybody _;). well, i really love this, and i think you're just a great writer!
AniDragon aka Riona-chan chapter 1 . 6/26/2001
You're a really, really good writer! I am really loving your stuff! Keep up the amazing work!