Reviews for The House On Top Of the Hill
Guest chapter 4 . 9/20/2014
God, this is putting me on edge. I have to know the ending D:
Barley chapter 2 . 9/20/2014
Also, The Watcher scene scared the ever living cheese out of me. I read that right before I went to sleep and had nightmares o_O
Barley chapter 2 . 9/20/2014
The name of the town is SILENT HILL lol. Also, not trying to accuse you of any sort of ripping off a concept or whatever. I actually mean it as a compliment :P This fic is definitely it's own thing, it just reminds me of another beloved series. Both are awesome, intense, sexy. Yes!

Omg, I bet that house is the portal to his true reality. Why is everyone so set on keeping him in this alternative one? Hmm..
Barley chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Holy moly, it's like Silent Hill without the monsters. This was a very nice introductory chapter. The set up is great, tense. Ooooh, the mystery! Love it!
Paloma chapter 4 . 10/26/2013
Dropping by to let you know that there are people who enjoy this story from "eastern" side of the globe. I hope you wouldn't leave this hanging forever. Please do finish the story.
meepers chapter 4 . 7/27/2013
Randomly came back to this story after going on a FFVII nostalgia run. This was one of the most thought provoking and fascinating Cloud stories I ever read. Hope you return to it someday. :)
GameSpazzer chapter 4 . 4/19/2011
Whoa, Mind Screw... I'm picking up serious The Prisoner vibes here. Can't wait for part 5!

Locke chapter 4 . 1/13/2011
So awesome to see you back writing here again. I've been a fan since the early chapters of MDL and yo were definitely a large influence on my developing interest in writing and literature back when I was younger (given though I don't write or read much fanfiction at all anymore), what must be at least four years now. I checked your page today out of nostalgia and I was shocked to see you back, let alone so recently, and more than elated to hear that the novelization of MDL you mentioned in the final chapter was actually in production.

Anyway, The House On Top Of the Hill is one of your better works I think, and definitely a creative take on that scene in th ending of AC. The story is based on symbols and you've definitely done a good job with that theme. If I had to pick out something to critique it's that scenes with more action (for instance, the chessboard scene in this chapter) don't flow as well as they could, and read kind of forcefully. I'd imagine this is something a lot of writers and authors have trouble with (myself included), and that anything with a lot of action in third-person narration is going to end up with the "then he did this, then this happened, and then he did this" syndrome. Hemingway never seemed to have a problem with that though, so maybe I'm just nitpicky.

Nevertheless it's awesome to see you back, here's hoping you don't go and disappear on us again.
Vandenberg chapter 4 . 1/8/2011
You've done a great job in writing this up so far - the premise itself seems pretty interesting and things seem to be heating up (why are there only four chapters up so far? - *is shot*). On a vaguely related note, I'll be looking forward to your next update. ;) Also, props to your characterisation; that and your prose both give a sort of eerie feeling, so rest assured you've got the "mystery" sub-genre of the fic nailed. :P

P.S.: I'm going through a bit of coffee withdrawal, so pay no attention to the disjointedness of the review. :L
sanctumsfw at LJ chapter 4 . 1/5/2011
This story has had some fairly interesting goings-on since the beginning. I know I'd certainly like to see more of it. It's a shame that it's been more than four years since the last update; that's what's probably driven most of your readers away. This piece has a good deal of potential though, so I'll be rooting for inspiration to strike you soon for the next update!
Meeve chapter 3 . 3/8/2010
D: what? that's it? that's no fair...
Bluishorbs chapter 3 . 6/9/2009
really interesting story, hope u decide to update it soono :)
alphaBetaG chapter 3 . 8/11/2007
Misinterpreting things? As in?

This chapter was of high quality again, although I'll admit without hesitation that I felt the second was just constructed better overall.

3:65 if I'm not mistaken, is a religious verse. Was that just a coincidence or intentional? I'm kind of sitting here smirking at the thought because I'm a little reluctant to ask since it's not unlikely it would be put in, given the context of the story. But at the same time, I just had to ask you know?
alphaBetaG chapter 2 . 8/11/2007
I remember seeing or maybe reading a story with a similar concept to Vincent's character here, but it had nothing to do with stairs as far as I could recall. That entire scene itself played out rather nicely and the dialogue was extremely well done. Lots of metaphors coming our way I see. So far, he's definitely been the most interesting character of the bunch.

Someone mentioned in a review that the story reminds them of 'The Matrix' but I see it more like a 'Silent Hill' type environment, with everything appearing dead and quiet.
alphaBetaG chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
You have a knack for telling psychological tales. First with Drought and now this.

Again, you create a great atmosphere and a chilling mood to go along with the whole setting for the story.