Reviews for After the Falls
I love it! My mind is already creating a serious for it- going and going and going!
CressidaRene chapter 19 . 11/18/2014
This is a beautifully-written story, but I wish we had gotten more from Naruto's point of view, what all he was going through in the aftermath of the Falls, and his battle with Sasuke, as well as what he went through again because of Sasuke. It's just as frustrating in this story as it is in canon that Sasuke was allowed to get away with murder, betrayal, and other crimes against Konoha ninja. And as Naruto mentioned, it was also as if Sasuke was being rewarded by being allowed to train under Jiraya, another Sannin, as well as the gifted Kakashi. Then poor Naruto, who sacrificed so much to save Sasuke, actually had his chakra control, power, and even had his very soul diminished, and you ended it without making it better for him? That's just unfair to Naruto on so many levels, not to mention his fans. I would have welcomed a few more chapters about Naruto's travels with Jiraya and Neji, perhaps showing the two boys forging bonds of support and friendship they both needed so badly, as well as Naruto's being put back together again, so to speak, soul, mind and body. That would have balanced out the story better, rather than being more pro-Sasuke most of the time. I guess if you're born an arrogant Uchiha, you literally can get away with murder, and everything's okey-dokey with everyone.
Guest chapter 19 . 5/23/2014
lovely piece of work
a bit slow, but overall good
Mizuki99 chapter 19 . 4/10/2014
That is a surprisingly angsty but happy take on what could happen. So much better than I thought it would be. I especially enjoyed the dynamics between Neji and Naruto (a totally under appreciated bond). This has to be the best non-ship fic I've read thus far. I'm glad I staved off doing homework to read this.

mndstjohn chapter 19 . 10/13/2013
Thanks for the story!
TrisakAminawn chapter 8 . 3/1/2013
Did Sasuke just...accidentally Tsukiyomi Naruto? That's a technique you can use accidentally?

(Forgot to express my approval of the hug Kakashi gave Naruto. About time you gave him some proper support, stupid genius!)

Characterization continues good.
TrisakAminawn chapter 5 . 3/1/2013
Ahah! That was it, then. Sorry for doubting your grasp of canon. So, there's a price for being brought back from the pretty-much-dead. I hope it isn't irreparable. Naruto always gives too much. :[
TrisakAminawn chapter 4 . 3/1/2013
This is interesting and I like your grasp of the characters and their voices. So many writers can't grasp characters' ways of speaking at all.

Especially Sasuke cutting in like that and getting hurt, and their reactions. After all, before Orochimaru entered the picture Sasuke's record included being the guy who got them through the bell test *and* giving his life for Naruto in Wave, and only surviving because Haku was not as good at killing his heart as he wanted to be. The kid is not, at this point, a lost cause, and it's nice to feel we're on about the same page.

I'm pretty sure Naruto's kage bunshin are independently conscious and don't have to be remotely managed, and that henge is such a cheap jutsu there's no possible way he was out of chakra enough to not be able to make proper bunshin, but then again I don't know how long they'd been fighting and what all they'd been doing that day before this confrontation, so he could have been tapped out at the end of a long exhausting mission.

Oh, and Gaara! In chapter two, Gaara's perspective and presence made me happy. A lot of his thoughts came off awkward and pompous, but given Gaara's history with both pomposity and emotions, it was within character bounds. And Jiraiya's thoughts about Sasuke seemed quite right. Though this chapter didn't give enough context about their current arrangements vis-a-vis training.

Wasn't Sasuke disciplined at all for defecting? At least a slap on the wrist, since it was treason and all and almost got several of his fellow-nin killed? Keh, special treatment won't help him learn. Anyway, I like your descriptions a lot and your character reactions best.
Bluefhwtuedbdhfhj chapter 19 . 2/6/2013
I really liked this story and have enjoyed your other stories as well.
Sarcasm Dragon chapter 19 . 5/25/2012
This is a top-notch Naruto story. You definitely left me with a desire to know what happens- does Naruto regain his soul? Does he merge with the Kyuubi? Does he sacrifice himself to prevent the Nine-Tails from destroying people he loves?

Thanks for sharing!
Narue-Nara-chan chapter 19 . 5/28/2011
Interesting fic. Sadly, I will not pur it in my Favs because, even if it's well written, I think it took too much time to arrive to the end, and it ended being just a transition.

The characters are well portrayed. At first I didn't really like how you were making Naruto, since he was being too Emo for my tastes, but he became more In character the more I read. Sasuke sounds 'cute' in all his 'emoness', since now not even himself believes it...

Thank you for the fic.

If you decide to continue it, I will happily read it (please continue it).
TheRomanticNerd chapter 16 . 3/1/2011
Mrr, that scene is one of my all time faves from this show - when Neji tells off Naruto about being branded, and Naruto answers: "Yeah, I do. So, what?"

It was so dripping with angst and Naruto's awesomeness, it's one of the best lines in the whole manga. :3
TheRomanticNerd chapter 14 . 2/28/2011
the five chapters that are left seem like they would not be enough for all the ties to be tied up :P
TheRomanticNerd chapter 13 . 2/28/2011
I thought it would be Hinata to help Naruto :( I'm kind of sad it's not her :P

Chuunin exams! I hope Team 7 goes
TheRomanticNerd chapter 12 . 2/28/2011
Wow, does Sasuke really not now about the Mangekyo, or was he lying out of guilt?