Reviews for Never Mind
xxmaskedchickxx chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Well, shit. - 'cause that's what everybody says when they're about to get trampled by a freaking semi-truck. [smirks, rolls eyes]
dreaming in black and white chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Well, wow. I know I'm just a *little* late to the party, but I just wanted to say how much I loved this piece - i could really 'hear' Dean saying it all, and it was so good. Well done and thanks!
ta1nt3d1uv chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
Oh my god, that was good. It's crazy what goes through your mind at times like that. That really makes you think, did Dean see that truck coming? How awful would that have been for him to see the truck coming and then die? That's horrible. Very well done!

-Jen
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Oh. My. God. I couldn't help but crack up at the end of that! Supernatural Black Comedy at it's friggin best, ladies and gentlemen!
WinchesterPhantom chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Man, this is so well written and so funny. You really captured Dean well, actually perfectly. So Dean, to be like that at a time like that.

Oh my god, that was the best line! It would ironic...damn you are a talented writer.
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
That was really good. Cookie for you!
Sepik chapter 1 . 11/19/2006
That was eerie and really really good.
Silver Kitten chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
Oh, wow, how wonderfully sad is THIS?

One thing (of many, many, many things) I love about Dean is how he can be so amusingly introspective even in times of grief. And he's just so out of it right now, aww...

"I knew it was bad when Sam leaned over me with those tentative, outstretched hands… all like, not knowing how to touch me, or if to touch me, because he thought one poke and I’d just fall apart at the seams. He acts stupid and delicate like that"

I really like the fact that Dean is so "aware" of what's going on, but he doesn't really assess the situation as -bad- until he witnesses his little brother's reaction. It's so Dean to gauge Sam and determine what kind of circumstances they're in.

"But anyway, I was in the backseat, and then I realized that I wasn’t shotgun because Dad was shotgun, and when the hell did he get here?

Oh, right. Never mind."

Oh, Dean...slowly piecing back his memory...and even though it was so tremendously horrific, he's still got a twinge of dry humor to him. Love it.

"But I’m not one to use metaphors. Or was that a simile? I always get them confused. Sam would know. I’ll have to ask him"

That line? I laughed out loud. I know this story basis is pretty dark, but come on, that was just funny. Typical Dean to go off on tangents, even in his own mind.

"Holy hell, Sam better pull the fuck over, because there’s this big-ass truck coming at us. Do either of them see it coming? Maybe if they’d stop arguing and watch the damn road, they could see."

Oh my gosh, to think that Dean SAW the semi as it was coming? I've never thought of that before. That gave me chills. Really clever- and oh so angsty! (You know, angsty isn't really a real word...but honestly, I think it should be.)

What makes it even sadder, though, isn't that just he saw it, it's that he was the ONLY one to see it because Sam and their father were fighting, and Dean knows it. I mean he isn't sure if he's hallucinating or not, but still. Poor Dean...

"Hey, wouldn’t it suck if all three Winchesters were wiped out by a goddamn semi? Wouldn’t it be ironic?

I think it would. I think I might laugh, if my chest didn’t hurt so much."

Yes, it would be very ironic...after all they've been through. Also, I have to mention that I love the title. It just shows how detached Dean feels in the story, conveyed in two little words...I just want to hug him.

Really dark, but really interesting story here. Leave it to you to be all clever and give us a new perspective on things. Great work, as usual. (I'm starting to catch up on stories, woohoo! And I'll be sure to drop some comments on livejournal soon, as well. I can't wait to re-read some of your stuff _)
Insanity 101 chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
i dont know whether to laugh or bawl...which is typical dean for ya so good job on this lil monologue. hell i hope the poor kid isnt dead... great job!
Profiler Charlee chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
I like this!

Your monologue of Dean's thoughts is great! It seems pretty close to Dean's character and the way he speaks.

I like the way you ended it too.

Keep up the good work,

Caly
whimseyrhodes chapter 1 . 9/4/2006
This is a wonderful, awesome one-shot. I can so see (or is that, 'hear'?) Dean voicing this monologue. It matches his dry sarcasm to a tee. Way to go! .
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
Huh. I like it. Very much in character. I love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
princess serena chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
hey thats pretty good, it probebly shouldn't but it made me want to chuckle. it's so dean that just as they're about to get smashed by a semi he's being so...DEAN, lol so cocky and lovable! You did a great job, and i don't have a hard time thinking that this is what really would have been going through his head!
stealthyone chapter 1 . 9/2/2006
Interesting take on what might have been going through Dean's mind in those final few minutes of the show. I liked that even though he was hurting, he still had that trademark sense of humor about him.

I especially like this part:

I hadn't thought of that before, that maybe Dean saw the truck coming but was too weak and out of it to warn anyone. Cool idea.

The season-two premiere can't come soon enough ...
ILoveMyFish chapter 1 . 9/2/2006
Amusing, in a very dark way. Nice job!