Reviews for A Cracked Picture Frame
ArmagonAuthor chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
This was sad and ironic and happy all at the same time. I can picture the photographs clearly in my head, see the boy's growing up. It's interesting to see the transformation that the frame takes from being Mary's to being in Sam and Jess's apartment.
Silver Kitten chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
Mary, Mary, Mary...

I really wish we got to know more of her character in the show before she was killed. I'm hoping for some flashback scenes this season...*crosses fingers*.

But I enjoy your portrayal of Mary. So human.

Now, this whole idea of seeing different pictures in a frame is really cool, I have to say. I love how you described the condition of the frame throughout the years, and how every picture changed, along with the individuals in the pictures.

"The frame, having been tossed around in a duffel bag and placed on various countertops, was no longer the delicate, beautiful thing it had been. It was hardening, like the family, and gaining its own scars."

I really like that description. And it's so true. The Winchesters definitely have their scars.

"The first boy, now grown to his mid-teen years, leaned easily against the car with a sly, handsome grin that didn’t quite reach his eyes. His jean jacket hung over a sweat-stained white tee-shirt, and his arms were crossed in a vague mirror of his hooked ankles."

I LOVE the image of Dean standing like that. And how his grin didn't quite reach his eyes? *cuddles Dean*

The last picture, of course, was especially sad...because we know what happened to it. Love how you connected the last to the first with the fire. Wow...
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
princess serena chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
ah. i don't know why but i found that so sad. in a good way, if there is such a thing! You've created a lovely peice of writing here. It's really nice, so...peaceful i guess! lol! Good job!
Capt. Cow chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
Awesome. Loved ii, even though it made me feel sad. Lol. Loved your Mary.