Reviews for Bearings
Harrypotterwannabe00 chapter 31 . 8/25
Awesome story couldn't put down
Great story so far, I just love the ones that begin to play out like a movie, also, this chapter was long as hell!
itsjustme42 chapter 31 . 7/12
I really loved the last chapter! A really well-written story and thanks to you, I learned a variety of new vocabulary words. :)
itsjustme42 chapter 24 . 7/10
Pursing/or pursed a PhD in literature... no wonder your range of words is amazing.
itsjustme42 chapter 21 . 7/10
As I continue reading I am astounded and awed by your wide array of vocabulary. Yes, I kinda tried to make that sound smart.
itsjustme42 chapter 1 . 7/10
That was one heck of a chapter. And the way you ended it...I'm crying. And I very much look forward to reading this story. :)
"Someday you'll understand"? Ugh. One does not get into a relationship with someone one likes by sitting on their ass and hoping that it falls in one's lap. Some Gryffindor..
Venator77 chapter 31 . 6/26
What happened to Luna? She died extremely young...
mfaerie32 chapter 27 . 4/30
So, he almost gets killed, is out like a light for 2 days, wakes up weak in the hospital..and they think its appropriate to have sex in the hospital room? Very tacky. And definitely an innappriate place and time.
coolhacker1025 chapter 31 . 3/28
Luna only lived to exactly 40 years old? THe writing was fairly good
Miyugi chapter 31 . 12/29/2014
While I absolutely love the detail and writing style of this fic, I must admit to being highly disappointed in the way that the author chose to end the story. I have no issue with the use of summary chapters to end a story, however I felt that it was extremely jarring to go from a cliffhanger directly into the summary chapter. I would at least have liked to see the resolution with the situation at the bank. Now I am left with this excellently written story unfinished in my mind, which seems highly unfair of the author, and is the only reason that this story and this author are not going onto my favorites list or my recommendation blog.
Antor2001 chapter 31 . 11/24/2014
Nice if a bit inconclusive story, I think the best part of this story was the reunion at Stanford, I really liked the interaction between Harry and Hermione after being apart for so long.
Sadly from there it goes downwards with every "magical core maturation" and "Potter-Black estate"... it makes me cringe every time I see those tropes :(
thebetawholived chapter 31 . 10/21/2014
What happened to Luna?

Good story, even though the ending was a bit abrupt.
thebetawholived chapter 21 . 10/21/2014
Interesting and well-written story to this point; I thought the main action would be in the wizarding world from the description, but these first 21 chapters have mostly been around the periphery of that world . . . not a bad thing, but not what I was expecting at first.

Looking forward to what's next!
thebetawholived chapter 16 . 10/20/2014
If I were Harry, this would be all I'd need to run screaming for New York, perhaps forever.

I don't believe this Harry would be effective in the suggested role, due in large part to his undue diffidence. While he might grow out of it quickly, it's a major stumbling block.

He is not a leader. Yet.