Reviews for A Progression in Moments
DolbyDigital chapter 6 . 3/17/2014
I really loved that you didn't go for the cliche happy ending; I think you're right - it would have been to happy and to much like a fairy tale, which doesn't fit with the series at all, so great job. I really enjoyed reading this. And I think it was awesome that you didn't turn this into a Buffy!Bashing fic; I've read too many of those recently.
DolbyDigital chapter 5 . 3/17/2014
I'm not sure I understand when this chapter is taking place, but other than that, it was wonderful. I really liked the different style; how it shows the disjointed thoughts, the hurt, anger and confusion. It was very well written.
DolbyDigital chapter 4 . 3/17/2014
I really like how Xander never quite managed to figure out what to call Spike, and that he's focusing on that at the beginning because it's /easier/ than focusing on the fact that Spike's dead. I think that you wrote his confusion really well; how his thoughts kept jumping, and he was struggling to stay on track. And I really liked that he kept Spike's ashes. I thought that was really sweet.
DolbyDigital chapter 3 . 3/17/2014
I love the line 'it's here where I start to realize that I may have made a bit of an oops' - major understatement!

This chapter is absolutely heartbreaking; I love that it actually /was/ an accident, and that Buffy feels bad about it. And Xander's reaction was perfect. I really liked how he couldn't blame himself or Buffy because he /knew/ that it was an accident, and he wasn't going to go and lay blame where it didn't belong.
DolbyDigital chapter 2 . 3/17/2014
I think you portrayed Xander's confusion and eventual acceptance really well; I liked how he was trying to justify why he /shouldn't/ be with Spike, and ended up convincing himself that he should.

The sentence 'even I had just gone away to work in the next town for the weekend' reads a little strangely. Maybe it should be 'even if I had just gone away to work in the next town over for the weekend'.
DolbyDigital chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
This is a really interesting start; I like how Spike was originally just trying to mess with Xander a little, but then he actually started to /feel/ something for him and no matter how hard he tries not to, he keeps finding himself coming back for more.

There were a few grammar and spelling mistakes, but nothing major. When you wrote 'there's absolute shit-all to do in this fucking town' it should actually say 'absolutely' and when you wrote 'So I'd thought I'd', it should be 'So I thought I'd'.
Alwaysand chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
Okay I understand this was written a long time ago. Doesn't mean I have to like the ending. Great writing. Not your fault I don't like it. I am a dyed in the wool, die hard, Happily Ever After kind of person.
d chapter 6 . 10/19/2007
awful
Clairful chapter 6 . 8/22/2007
*splutters* but happy is GOOD!
feralpixc chapter 6 . 3/16/2007
That was pretty and cruel and awesomely written. I could totally see each character inside each pov. Thank you ever so muchly!
harsens-rob chapter 6 . 10/6/2006
I liked it, despite the not-so-happy return and ending redux. You wrote Buffy really well...you could easily have made this a Buffy-bashing story, but you didn't do that. So not only was it well written, but it kept sight of the essential relationships.

Poor Spander though.
Bone Orchird chapter 6 . 9/20/2006
Omg! You so mean...I luv you though. Your everly devoted fan-Bone
anonymous chapter 4 . 9/19/2006
Cool! So they're gonna perform some sort of ritual like the one that brought back Darla? Please update soon!
Bone Orchird chapter 4 . 9/13/2006
YAY! - Onther wonderful chapter.
dmweasley chapter 3 . 9/4/2006
You had me until the third chapter. That sucked. I like Spike, you're not supposed to kill him. Oh well, it was well written and I enjoyed everything but the dusting.