Reviews for The Play's the Thing
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 3/16
This is wonderful. Loved Sam relating Dean to the older brother in the play, and loved how Dean freaked out seeing "dead" Sam. Great ending.
Louey06 chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
Dean, you are such a good brother. This was great, I love seeing Sam trying to be normal
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
Perfect!
Leighna07 chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
It was very touching.. It's takes a really really hard work for the Winchester bro's to play a "Normal Life" .. :) Great Job!
Jedi Arwen Sparrow Winchester chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Nice, Dean's explanation about the poltergeist injury was very well done lol, I wish I could've been there to see it!
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
What a wonderful story! I was especially intrigued by the comparison of Laertes as Dean and as an ironic twist, Sam played Laertes. Poor Sam, having to juggle the play rehearsals with his hunting life and of course, Dean would always help him out, either with the practice or making excuses for the injuries. I just loved how Dean was getting all into the play, half-believing that Sam was dead. It wasn't until Sam got back up, grinning, did Dean breathe again. The ending was what truly made my day. Despite being sick, Dean went to see Sam's play and let Sam know he was there, watching and cheering his brother on.
carosmuse chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Love this story, love how Sam started understanding Laertes through Dean (I so love Hamlet that your choice of this play got a big smile out of me), I thought you got the characterisation down perfectly, excellent job!
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
AWW! Amazing fic.
Still Awesome2009 chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
great story, from, I hate to admit thisd, a drama club geek. What makes it worst is I'm math club pres, but don't tell them the members, they all hate math. LOL
ROBINV chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
Oh, yeah! What a satisfying, fabulous story! Dean can't take seeing a fake dead Sam even at this age. Excellent! Love, Robin
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
I liked it!

Excellent pace and use of spilt POVs. Great insight into teen Winchesters and all the brotherly affection : )

Just ... awesome!
Shinigami061 chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Wonderful :) Loved the fact that when Sam realized that Laertes was a big brother and Laertes Dean, he "got" it...it was no longer just lines on a page, but a person he could relate to. And Dean's terrified parts, seeing that Sammy was dead, but he wasn't *really* dead, but why wasn't anyone doing anything? was awesome. Loved it _ Keep up the great work!

Shingami06
Sierra Nichole chapter 1 . 4/12/2007

Sam’s head snapped up when he heard a familiar whistle carry over the applause. It was a call he and Dean used when they were hunting – it meant “I’m here, all is well”.

That last part was absolutely beautiful, I nearly cried, and I can't really explain why. It's just...perfect. I've always been into theater/dancing, and my dad had this thing about getting those last few claps...whenever I would take my final bow, I'd always wait to hear them and beamed when I did. Your line just brought back memories, and it fit Dean and Sam so well, I'm really impressed.

The rest of the story was just as good, too. I loved that line in the episode when they were talking about Sam's play, too cute! And poor Dean, getting sick at the end :( I'm glad he made it though!

Again, excellent story!

Sierra
buffyaddict chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
oh, i loved this! i loved dean's reaction to sam's "death" and his excitement for sam. and the whistle at the end. *hugs*

what a beautiful piece!

i am now on my way to read the sequel. yay!
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
That was really good, I enjoyed it! I like how Dean got drawn into helping Sam and emjoying it:) Too bad Dad didn't see the play, too...

Kelly