Reviews for Contradictions
Trekkieb chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
Great story. I loved hearing about Maturin from Aubrey's perspective. The internal dialogue and language used was very believable. Good job!
Yule chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Very lovely stream-of-conciousness kind of thing. Good emotion and phrasing, leaving the reader to feel what is being said.
Smoking Panda chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
Very sweet...-
Amadeo chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
"... Yet he can give you the most attentive and intelligent looks you ever did see, murky blue eyes gleaming and ears pricked, and you will reach the end of your tale only to discover he has spent the past hour thinking about disecting livers of small crawling things. Sometimes you can shout at him until you're red in the face, frustrated and almost ready to tear your hair out, and he'll be standing there with a quirk of a smile playing about his lips, dark head cocked to one side, staring at you as if you were a damned rare parrot."

LOL X 50 million!

Perfectly Stephen, all of it, and so perfectly put in Jack's voice, and his way of thinking!
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
THANK GOD! A Stephen and Jack fic without slash! Thank you! And very well done, you captured the speech of the period and the characters perfectly!
The Breeze chapter 1 . 11/23/2006
Nice little piece about Stephen...you've obviously read your O'Brian, and it shows. A minor quibble; as a surgeon, Stephen has a warrant and cannot be flogged by anyone; court-martialed, yes, but never flogged - see the first book for an explanation by Jack of why "you should never be flogged, oh no!" or something like that.

I hope you write more Master and Commander material.

-Steve
fiona chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
yay i'm glad your still updating! now UPDATE YOUR LOTR STORY GRAH!

I'm not really that rabid, i'm just a motivator. el oh el.
Lauren Hedgehog chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Aw... I enjoyed it, I thought it was very sweet :-) and the comments about Stephen's coffee drinking gave me a laugh - I have a friend who's exactly the same :-)
Countess Verona Dracula chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
...wow.

I am absolutely in love with this. It was pure brilliance! At first I was a little annoyed with how wandering it was, and then I realized that this is the very essence of Jack and started to love it. And everything you pointed out about Stephen is 100% on the spot. The best part was that last line, though- it absolutely made my insides squirm with happiness and joy. Great job!

Verona
Ivory Novelist chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
Oh, lord, this is wonderful. Thank you so much for writing! By God, there's not enough Jack-Stephen friendship fics out there, not by a long shot! This was masterfully written, save a few typos (I always seem to have my fair share of the buggers). Your tone and voice is perfectly Jack and 19th century, without being tedious or faked. It was also very tender of you to close it with acknowledging that Jack is watching Stephen sleep. :)

Thank you again and please write again soon!