Reviews for Bittersweet Destiny
Lord Mortensen chapter 12 . 10/19/2013
Awesome! please update soon! you have 5 years without update!
Guest chapter 8 . 7/9/2012
Ha! Just so you know, I do not much care for Naru, myself, and MY wife absolutely abhors her and Motoko for how they treated Keitaro. Now, I know that Motoko actually changed her ways at the end of the manga,by the time of the wedding, but Naru's actions never did - she STILL beat the crap out of him. So, quite frankly, I think that you let Naru off easily.

As for Shinobu, Motoko, and Mutsumi, it IS a sad thing for them to see Keitaro with someone else when they are also pining for him, and Shinobu has always been my favored of all the girls, when you consider her feelings for him and her actions towards him (the support and all that she gives him). I'm not saying that she's perfect, mind, but her devotion to him and will to do what she can for him (despite the efforts of Motoko and Naru) are admirable and sweet. Mutsumi, also, loved him, and for far longer than all of the others, when you think about the fact that she never forgot Keitaro, Naru, or the promise. Motoko eventually began to ease off on her own abuse of the poor ronin, pretty much stopping all together by the end of things, and would have been a good match once she got over her own insecurities and prejudices.

Anyway, the story has been fun up to this point, and a good read. Myself, I have problems with the humor aspect in stories when I write, but you pulled it off really well, as well as the drama and action scenes. The only one of the two series that this is based off of that I have read the manga or watched the anime, has been Love Hina, and I feel that, for the most part, except where necessary for the story progression, you did a great job of keeping them in character. I admit that I can't say the same for the other crossover characters, but...

Again, well done, and keep up the good work.
chronodekar chapter 5 . 11/5/2011
I find myself enjoying the idea of Taeko hooked up with Keitaro. BUT, the jealous-Naru is just ... dis-heartening.

In fact, this story would be a lot more nicer if Naru would have just given up on Kei. Or do a restart with him coming to the dorm with Taeko in tow. THAT, would be cool.

As for me, I'm not interested in reading more "jealous Naru" so I'm stopping here.

BUT, I did enjoy what's here so far. Good writing.

-chronodekar
DCWestby chapter 12 . 1/25/2009
Great story, hope you update soon.
DragonGod926 chapter 12 . 7/25/2008
I truly enjoy this story. I have to say that Taeko is the perfect match for Keitaro. She more or less encompasses all the qualities he likes about the 3 common fic contenders for his heart.

Like Mutsumi, she accepts him completely (flaws and all)and wants nothing but his happiness. ;-) Big racks don't hurt either.

Like Motoko, she is traditional and enjoys the past. She is very beautiful, yet does not see herself that way.

Like Naru, she is motivator for his actions (albeit, Naru belittles him while Taeko encourages him). She is also able to read him really well. (Naru does in fact read Keitaro very well, she is just insecure about how to go about it...and that insecurity leads to lashing out at the poor man)
shinji the good sharer chapter 12 . 7/23/2008
Wow... how long till you make Naru into a raging slut? LMAO! Nice job, keep up the awesome work!

ikari shinji
1v2 chapter 12 . 7/23/2008
man i wounder what is gonna happen next can't wait for the next chapter.
Kampretzz chapter 11 . 7/20/2008
Hahaha Naru Raving Bitch. I love this story! Keep it up man!
Jackal Antern XIII chapter 8 . 1/11/2008
ok, you're married, i pegged you for someone younger, but hey i've got a 19 year-old friend who is married.

don't worry about Naru-bashing, there arn't that many naru fans out there, and there are a whole shitload of naru-haters, so keep up the bashiing.

i doubt the trashcan taste came from the boos, that is probably just how her kisses taste.

Zach AKA SI AKA Kit
Scyth3 chapter 10 . 9/7/2007
A story like this definitely deserve many more reviews. I like it. A LOT. An interesting plot, a new fiance'. Done many times before but you did it wonderfully.

I like the way you portray every characters feelings regarding the omiai, especially that of Naru and Mutsumi. I do pity Naru somewhat, but she has been a selfish little brat. But the worse i guess, has to be Mutsumi.

All in all, an interesting story. I hope you'll continue updating this fic.
Hourou shunketsu chapter 3 . 7/16/2007
So Is Kitsune still mad at Keitaro? I cant really tell because I dont know who asked the question "SO how did you get married to that lech?"
Pianoblack4085 chapter 10 . 6/27/2007
plz don't let this fic die
Kyuubi18 chapter 9 . 4/27/2007
What's up with the guitar pick?
Godslayer221 chapter 10 . 2/15/2007
I like it it's a good twist to the original Love Hina and I am hoping you continue it up.
ThreadWeaver chapter 10 . 10/9/2006
I really like this story and I think that you have done a good job on it. I hope to see more of it in the future. Please don't give it up. You have portrayed the characters very well. I had never thought of a Keitaro-Taeko pairing, but on consideration it is a perfect one.

I agree with your header that it is your story done for yourself. However, if that's all it was, it would be only in a file or notebook somewhere and you wouldn't be posting it now would you? :) At the very least, please keep putting translations at the bottom of the chapter as most of what you put doesn't seem to work with the Romanji translators I've found. You, like all writers, enjoy the praise that comes from a job well done or the story wouldn't be here.

I think that the scene where Keitaro comes running into the room where Naru and Mutsumi were 'talking' missed out on a very important dramatical opportunity. The bruises that Keitaro had should have been made apparent to Naru to drive the point home. Maybe have Keitaru accidentally run through the common room without a shirt or something so everyone sees. It might even get Kaoru to open up to Keitaro about his own violent past and help both heal a bit while developing a friendship.

Again, good work and keep it up.