Reviews for Fear
Shian chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
I believe I read this over on but it was too far back in the archives to comment. I enjoyed it quite a bit. There's not enougth Valygar fanfiction and this one is really sweet. I love that it took his love almost dying for him to admit that he even loved her and to actually use magic to save her.
Kendris chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
Incredible story!

The best battle scene I've read in a long time. No magic thingamajig, no all-powerful hero to save the day with a single swing of the sword, just a toe-to-toe (er - claw?), blood and guts slugfest. The image of Sarevok driving daggers into the dragon's hide to climb its bulk was especially effective.

And the aftermath...very realistic that all the healing magics would have been exhausted in such a fight. The conflict between Valygar's fear of magic and his love of Liana was well portrayed.

Excellent dialogue, and your characterization of the NPCs was nicely done. Sarevok was interesting here...he seems to be well on his way to the CG shift.
Starx chapter 1 . 9/9/2006
Good story.
Pen52 chapter 1 . 9/4/2006
Warning.

*A relatively long review to follow.*

First of all, thank you. Yes, thank you. I have enjoyed this immensely- from the beginning to the end. I didn’t even find myself skimming down to see what happens, and, in my case, that is a rare occurrence, believe me. Now, where to start?

The battle with the dragon was a well written, engaging reading experience, although a bit too long, IMO. There was a clear strategy behind every move the party made, but you did not make it too obvious – the element of surprise was sill present at the end. You did a good job with that; not many writers can manage to produce interesting, but believable fight-scenes.

The NPCs were all in character - I especially enjoyed your portrayal of Sarevok. Curious... He seems to be very fond of your PC, here. But, still, he sounds like himself, as far as I can tell. I wonder how they got so close? And by that, I mean please, do tell - and in great detail! Hmm… Perhaps I could persuade you to write a story about that subject some day?

*sigh* It's just that I would LOVE to see a Sarevok centered story from you - I've been a fan of yours for quite some time - and I'm certain you could do him justice. So, could you direct your muse in that general direction? If at all possible…

Ok, I'm getting seriously sidetracked, here. Sorry. *sheepish shrug*

Back to the review...

As far as the romance elements are concerned, your characterization of Valygar, to me, seems to be ‘right on the money’. The internal conflict about using magic, any kind of magic, was a very nice touch, by the way. That hatred and fear of the arcane is an integral part of his character, and I can see how it would be a difficult choice for him. I’m glad he made the right one, here.

So, Anomen is ‘infatuated’ with the PC? Poor guy.

I'm guessing that this takes place during the fight with Abazigal? Right? I could be wrong, though.

But, are you sure that this is completed? I can see a very nice sequel for this in the (hopefully) near future.

*wink**wink**nudge**nudge*

Or a series? A series would be nice.