Reviews for Treacherous Road
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Very good. The song fits perfectly!
Emily Waters chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Oh. This is so angst-filled, so beautiful; and especially given the events of book 7. I do believe that Snape anticipated his own death, from the moment he took the Unbreakable Vow to Narcissa, no wonder he was so ill-tempered throughout book 6.
trekker2002 chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
Another gem. Thanks.

Didn't find this until after Book 7, poor Severus. What a life he had and his creator says he isn't a hero.
libertyelyot chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
This was a very rewarding read for me. It's a beautiful tribute to Snape, for one thing, full of memorably poignant lines (especially with the rather unwanted hindsight of Book 7).

And for another thing - yes! Finally another person with a copy of 'Hark! The Village Waits' (a very crackly LP half-inched from my mother, I must admit). This gave me such a kick.

I actually did expect Snape to die in Book 7 - but only if he turned out to be good (as was evidently going to be the case). It didn't make it any easier to stomach though.
tambrathegreat chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
I love this. I wish I could write poetry. I also hope that our Severus will not die, but come on, he killed Dumbledore. I don't know. I guess we'll see next month.
potterrules92 chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
hey, wow, this poem was amazing! i absolutley loved it! awesome job!

do you think that you could drop by my story and give it a read and review? i'd really appreciate it if you did. D
JustJeanette chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
Wow. I love a good filk.

JJ (and it's good to find others that actually admit to filkage)
Romulus chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Very nice! Just been looking around for updates...and I found this. Bitter.

I once saw a poll about who people think will get killed in book seven, Snape won by far. Poor boy.
HiddenPortrait chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
i truly enjoyed this. this was a great talented peice. thnak you
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
We watch you on your lonely road,

With none who call you friend,

We know you bear a heavy load,

You'll hold on till the end,

Unswerving and unbroken and reviled.

And we wish you all the best,

In your quest,

They'll learn you did it for the best.

(Don't know the song, but I hope I matched the rhythm and metre correctly.)
jennifer snape chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
Wow this is Snape PERFECTLY! These bits were so nicely put:

‘In sorrow I was schooled’

and

‘While those whose lives I would defend

Think me their enemy;

And the fools I teach will never understand

That my scorn is half a jest,’

Good God I hope he doesn’t get killed off in book 7 either.

Snape’s question: ‘And who will mourn for me?’

My answer: I WILL!
Catherine Cook chapter 1 . 9/4/2006
This is lovely, and all too evocative of what he must be feeling and thinking. His only allies at this point are Draco and Narcissa, and neither are to be relied upon too heavily.
M chapter 1 . 9/4/2006
Very nice!

I have forwarded to some filking friends (with acknowledgements of course)