Reviews for One Of Them
LenJade chapter 20 . 11/4/2006
This was a great story. I'm glad that you were able to defeat the spirit of Denton as well as having Dean kill him. It was very symbolic. You have a gift with symbology: the bracelet is another excellent example.
pmsdevil01 chapter 20 . 10/12/2006
i loved it. you did an awesome job.
laughandlove chapter 20 . 10/5/2006
Oh, finally! I can get back onto the computer! I think I'll be okay now...I've had some serious fanfic withdraws after not being able to get on the internet for like 2 weeks, hence why I haven't reviewed in a while. Sorry! I couldn't wait to read more that entire time, and I wasn't disappointed! This fic was awesome...Sammy really went through the ringer, though, didn't he? I love Dean's explanation to the doctor about Sam's new injuries: "He fell-down the stairs-of the motel?-and into the street?-where he was hit by a car?-and rolled into a...mud puddle?" Hilarious! If only the injuries really were that simple...it's funny when you can truthfully say that, isn't it? I'm sad it's over, but amazing job nontheless!
SilverStorm06 chapter 20 . 10/3/2006
aw, that was a sweet chapter. really good. thank you for sharing this story with me!
ChloeNyme chapter 20 . 10/2/2006
Aw...what a cute/ending. "Wanna play checkers?" gotta love Dean. Anyway, this story was fantasic! I love the underlying theme of chess and checkers. It's so original. keep writing you're great at it!
SilverKitsune1 chapter 19 . 10/1/2006
Poor Sammy. The kids been in the hospital enough to make anyone hate them.

"Oh, right”….Dean laughed with his crooked smile…. “ you being a hospital and all…”

“Yeah… and all” the doctor replied amusingly.

I love this part right here. Dean never bows to authority, no matter where he is.
Heart Of The Wizard chapter 20 . 10/1/2006
Aww it's over? I agree with what you said about Denton in the PM. To me he's just so messed up that it doesn't seem possible for him to truly die.

Loved this chapter. Especially the little bickering between the receptionist and Dean. That 'pull the plug' was hilarious! And so completely Dean! That's one of the things I've really loved about this story is you've always managed to keep Dean and Sam perfectly in character. Just like the show, there's humor when the mood needs to be lightened, but never too much. Dean is never overly-emotional. Sam is never overly-...sam. And that's a very hard thing to do. We always want Dean to be all emotional and chick flicky, and we want Sam to not be so whiny and stuff. But you managed to keep them perfectly in character. And to me that's amazing.

Excellent excellent excellent story! Your writing is awesome! Thank you for such a wonderful story!
Faye Dartmouth chapter 20 . 9/30/2006
Closure is never perfect-and I would never want it to be, especially in a fic like this that has taken the boys through so much. But it's more about togetherness, moving on despite it all. Survival is paramount, and you show them not healed but together, and somehow that's enough to get them through. There will undoubtedly be setbacks and problems, but they can do anything as long as they're together.

Which is just so perfect!

All in all, fanstastic work with this fic. I sincerely hope you decide to write more. I can promise you, I'll be looking for your next venture :)
tsweeny chapter 20 . 9/30/2006
I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed this and think you did a great job writing it.
TaintedXRose05 chapter 20 . 9/30/2006
this chapter made me smile ]...it was great...the whole story...cant wait till ur next one ]
talon81 chapter 20 . 9/30/2006
you did a awesome job on this story! I really loved it! and I can't wait to read more of your work! keep up the great writing! :)
Phx chapter 20 . 9/29/2006
Ooh chapter - how do I love thee? Let me count the ways, lol!

Lets see - I love:

The image of Dean in the waiting room annoying the hell out of that nurse as he waits for Sam. That's our boy!

The little boy who was secretly giving Dean the finger. Priceless little piece of visual, lol!

Dean trying to use humor to help 'pick' Sam up.

Dean being so adamant that it is over.

Sammy's apology. Aw he's so sweet and I am glad that Dean was so adamant, but also understanding, in demanding Sam realize he had nothing to apologize for. And that he was 'gifted' - nice Dean. Nice :)

The thank you. Again our boy - such a sweetie. I can never understand how people can write him oblivious to Dean's feelings or what Dean has done for him when Sam is so openly thankful on the show. Not so sure I've ever heard Dean say 'thank you' to Sammy though... LOL!

The bit about the room. Very nicely done. Sam would certainly experience fear at the thought about going back to the same room. And Dean is so thoughtful...

Sam's desperate need to not be alone. perfect and gut wrenching. I figure that might be one of his hardest hurdles to overcome. Denton certainly did a mind job on him. Very nice that dean understands that too.

Dean's vigil so Sam can sleep.

And certainly last, but never least, his pride that Sam had indeed hidden that checker piece.

Wow I think I wrote a book but very enjoyable chapter.

Phoenix
red121 chapter 20 . 9/29/2006
Thank you for a really good story. I have eagerly awaited each new chapter, and really appreciated your updating so frequently. Can't wait to see what you write next.
Kaewi chapter 20 . 9/29/2006
Great ending! I've enjoyed reading this story from the very first chapter. Thank you for putting so much work into it.

Are you going to include an epilogue? I hope you write more soon!
SilverKitsune1 chapter 20 . 9/29/2006
"Sam and Dean were both kings and Denton had sadly misunderstood that!"

That's such a perfect way to describe the Winchesters. They're equals in a lot of ways and seem more like checker kind of guys. This was a great story, and I'm glad to ahve foudn it!
285 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »