Reviews for One Of Them
carocali chapter 20 . 9/29/2006
"Dean looked down at his own leather band and after a moment, he removed it and placed it on the side of the nightstand closest to Sam. The whole “rope” held the promise that one day Sammy would be whole again too, not in pieces as his old one was. Dean was okay with giving it to his brother. Sam would always be his brother and he didn’t need a leather “rope” to remind him of their oath. They were and always would be... Brothers for Life."

I LOVE this! How perfect! You took all the little pieces of your story and fit them all together so beautifully!

You have written an amazing story with great characterizations of the boys. Their bond, their love, their fight. Fantastic!

Thank you!

:D

Caroline
Blame the Cupcake chapter 20 . 9/29/2006
A wonderful story! I can't wait to see what else you come out with. I'm adding you to my Author alert list you I hope you don't mind me!
Raven524 chapter 20 . 9/29/2006
wonderful story...loved the last chapter with Dean's POV.
ephiny63 chapter 20 . 9/29/2006
Well done sweets, great ending to a fantastic story, I hope that you are gonna keep writing, coz I will keep reading them.

hugs Michelle
Dawn N chapter 20 . 9/29/2006
Wonderful! I have enjoyed your portrayal of the brothers in this story so much. You've had an excellent grasp of the characters true personalities as brothers in this story. Their chemistry as siblings flowed as well in your story as I watch on TV every Thursday! Well done.

Excellent job :-)
rozzy07 chapter 20 . 9/29/2006
Rachel, this story from start to finish has kept me totally hooked. The brothers Winchester have faced their worst foe because he was one of them, and Sam suffered desperately, whilst his only belief was in his brother, and through it all his brother, Dean, stood true and recovered enough emotionally to support both of them in the playing of the game.

Adored this story from start to finish, the game transmuting from Chess to Checkers brilliantly. Warm happy feeling left inside me and all I can say simply is that I loved it. Roz.

P.s. All in all a trully impressive debut my girl, so just wondering what you are going to do for a follow up (hint, hint!).
Heart Of The Wizard chapter 19 . 9/29/2006
This chapter kept me on the edge of my seat. I was really worried that you finally were gonna do Sammy in! I did love the part where Dean's slowly telling the doctor how Sammy came to be in the condition he was. The response was hilarious! I laughed out loud! “Wow. Now that’s having a bad day.”
rozzy07 chapter 19 . 9/28/2006
The car ride to the hospital was so frantic that I had my heart in my mouth the entire journey. Then in the hospital it was the interaction between Dean & the doctor that went so naturally that brought it all home just how much Dean cares for his brothter. The explanation as to how Sam sustained those fresh injuries made me LOL...Bad Day indeedee! Now that Dean is taking Sam 'home' it will interesting to see how much emotional damage he will be able repair in his brother. Loved it all.
Ciya chapter 19 . 9/28/2006
Geez Dean, my 11 year old could come up with a better story than that. It was funny though.
ephiny63 chapter 19 . 9/28/2006
hm more to come huh? So where is it? okay no pressure for now, this was another great chapter Rachel, very visual especially with a muddy dean.

Well done

hugs Michelle
merryw chapter 19 . 9/28/2006
Dean's explanation to the doctor of how Sam got hurt was roll-on-the-floor, laugh-out-loud funny! I totally love the brotherly comfort going on too!
Blame the Cupcake chapter 19 . 9/27/2006
Wow another excillant chapter! I really enjoy your work, and am currently reading the rest of your supernatural stories and I must say I'm impressed. Sorry for the short review but im tired and going to bed. Night!
sheddingtearsofscarlet chapter 19 . 9/27/2006
aw

dean going all mother hen on sammys arse.

cute.

i love the story please update soon.
Faye Dartmouth chapter 19 . 9/27/2006
Sam is just so broken-and Dean's so right to recognize that it's way more than physical. The terrifying reality that Sam may never fully recover-and how far would Dean go to keep him safe? To keep him from hunting? To walk away? It would be the hardest thing Dean would ever do, but I'd like to think that if Sam couldn't get it together, it's a sacrifice Dean would make.

Dean's excuse...classically lame. Thank goodness the doctor seemed to trust Dean on this one.

And you used the word 'ping'! That's just a personal favorite word. Long story...

Anyway, I love how Sam's idea of stability and normal is nothing more than Dean. He needs to just be away from everything but his brother because that is the only steadying factor he has in his life.

Lovely stuff-I'm looking forward to more :)
Phx chapter 19 . 9/27/2006
Aw such a sad but sweet chapter. I love the little ways Dean shows he cares. it is so much more in a simple touch or what he does than in what he says.

And poor Sam. the kid has certainly racked up a bad case of the owies :) I loved Dean trying to explain to the doctor what had happened and the doctor letting him off the hook, and thinking it was something so much more 'normal'.

I love Dean's resolve to be whatever Sam needs to heal, and Sam wanting to start his healing by getting away from the hospital.

Can't wait to read more