Reviews for Soul Voice
Nes Mikel chapter 5 . 10/2/2006
And thus the plot finally takes off!

Wow, I never really saw that coming. Her goal being wanting to become a seal expert so she could free the spirit of the Fourth that's trapped within her? That's just so ingenuous on so many levels: original and unique, opens up a lot of possibilities, and it's a path that puts her intelligence into good use. Although, I do wonder if that's going to be enough when the time comes when she is forced to fight, if learning sealing methods is going to be enough to defend herself. I guess she needs more chakra capacity to do that.

On a related note, I'm wondering exactly why Sakura's chakra capacity is so low in the first place. According to the canon storyline, the seal is designed in such a way that the Kyuubi's chakra slowly integrates itself into the host's system. I'm assuming that in this story you're putting it in such a way that the two's chakra (Sakura and Kyuubi's) are two totally separate things and she can't access it until she taps into it? It's just a small quirk, and by no means does it downgrade the story - in fact it probably enhances it - but until there's a suitable explanation for why that's the case (such as, perhaps the Fourth sealed the Kyuubi into Sakura with a different seal that canon?), it'll be something that bugs me. But it's only a minor thing, no need to worry about it.

This story just gets better and better as more chapters are posted. This chapter also put in the character perspectives of other characters that provided more insight into what everyone else things of Sakura, and I was not disappointed. Their perspectives were done brilliantly. Dialogue was brilliant. And their characterization, although altered due to the AU-ness, was still done expertly. I couldn't have asked for more.

As to your question about Chapter length, I think a decent guideline you should aim for is about 50 words per chapter. I myself aim for over 80 in my stories, but it's really all about personal taste, and as long as your story is done brilliantly (which you have), it really doesn't matter long your chapter becomes. But again, that's just one man's opinion. Ultimately, it's up to you.

Again, excellent job. I eagerly await your next chapter!

- Nes Mikel
Maiyuko-chan chapter 5 . 10/1/2006
Oh my gosh, this is a great story! I can't wait till you update. _ So just out of curiousity... Are there any pairings? / Yeah, lame I know, but still.

This is on alert and my favs!
lunar-kunoichi chapter 5 . 10/1/2006
I have to say, good job. This is one of the best stories I've read with this plot, with the Kyuubi sealed with Sakura rather than Naruto
angrie chapter 5 . 10/1/2006
Wow.. Amazing.. Really!
baldragnarok16 chapter 4 . 10/1/2006
Mendosuke...I personally like 20-50 word chapters. Any shorter and it's a waste of time, any longer and it'll be a chore to read.

I like the plot of the story, I've seen one other like it, but this is the only one I've actually read. You've integrated a new expertise into Sakura's arsenal that I personally adore, and you're weaving a complex and intricate character background and interaction that I adore.

Good luck in the future.

BR16
may flyer chapter 5 . 10/1/2006
I think that the parts I liked best about this chapter were the two most unexpected one - Sakura's decision to pursue the study of sealing jutsu with Sandaime, and Shikamaru's interest in investigating Sakura's situation. The real strength of this fanfic is how you make it into a plausible AU without just pasting Naruto's strengths, weaknesses, and relationships onto Sakura. That really shows in the way you introduced those two plot elements.

It helps that your Shikamaru POV was bang-on. Not to mention dreadfully amusing. I hope we'll be seeing more of him!

It's a little susprising that Sakura is able to read Sandaime's emotions so easily - especially when she's upset herself - but I understand that it's probably the easiest way for you to make his mindset clear without segueing into a wholly separate Sandaime-POV. Their relationship is sweet. It makes sense that Iruka wouldn't play the same role in Sakura's life that he did in Naruto's canonically, since Sakura wouldn't remind Iruka of his younger self the way that Naruto did.

I prefer to read mid-sized chapters, but honestly? I think that you should keep chapter lengths at whatever you're the most comofortable with as an author. If the current chapter length is what you work best with then run with it! Forcing yourself to meet specific length expectations will only decrease the quality of your writing (in that, I speak from personal experience.) Just end things where it feels like a natural ending should fit.
Shinobi Darkbeak chapter 5 . 10/1/2006
hi cool _

Hmm i like longer to medium sized chapters, sometimes i think short chapters just seem too well short.

anyway keep up the good work _
RobotPirateNinja chapter 5 . 10/1/2006
Wow. That's a way different goal than canon Naruto. This is shaping up to be a nice AU.
idntlikeurpants chapter 5 . 10/1/2006
God, i love this story! It's friggen amazing! I ish you gave more info on Sakura's mom though. Was she a ninja? I can't remember...hm... I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO UPDATE!

Anyway, it doesn't really matter to me whether you have long or short chapters, as long as you don't write short ones but not update it for like five years. *sweatdrops* That's annoying.

(Honestly, I do perfer longer chapters, but you're the authre/ess. What you so goes.)
HmM chapter 2 . 10/1/2006
you must really like sakura to be able to write this story...i hate sakura cause how she treated naruto even if she is nice to him in the second arc...its still hard to even read a story about her...
deathtraps chapter 4 . 10/1/2006
Great story, i really love where this is going. keep up the good work.
faberryjuice chapter 4 . 9/30/2006
Very nice chapter, I can't wait to read more. Great job so far _
Sect chapter 4 . 9/24/2006
Hm... very good story. Most of the other stories I've seen with an alternate Kyuubi vessel usually just surplants Naruto's personality on the character, but this one actually alters the character's personality to adjust to being the pariah of the village... very nice.
The Itch chapter 4 . 9/24/2006
First, I have to begin with "I am a little biased..."- I'm a huge fan of Sakura. She's my favorite female anime character; not just Naruto female, but female in /all/ anime. As such, I love stories that star her, which means this review will probably be colored by the bias :)

That said, this is an amazing story. I love the way that you're portraying her in Naruto's situation- as they're fundamentally different characters, it's nice to see that you're not just pasting Sakura's face on Naruto's character. It lends a much better feel to the situation. So does her reaction to the insults and actions of the other kids; which, sad to say, recalls my days as the playground pariah _\;;

The pace of the story feels slow to me, but I believe that may have something to do with wanting to get at the 'meat' of the story- that is, Kishimoto's story. I've always been impatient to get through the history lessons, however, and I can see where writing the build up to who Sakura becomes is important in your story. Your versions of the characters diverge enough from the original versions that it's hard to predict how things would turn out- especially with Sakura and Naruto switched around.

I can hardly wait for the next installment. On another note- there's only a couple of nominations locked up on my laptop that I can't access, but I'm surprised no one has nominated this story for the 2006 Naruto Fanfiction Awards. Consider this my nomination :)
may flyer chapter 4 . 9/23/2006
Very interesting! I'm very pleased that you're making this AU genuinely alternate - which is to say that I'm happy that you don't have Sakura repeating Naruto's path. You've also stayed very true to the core personalities of your characters, while at the same time subjecting some to a drastic change of circumstances. Kudos.

I do wonder if Inner Sakura will make an appearance, and if/when/how that might tie into Kyuubi. Since Sakura appears to lack Naruto's level of drive (not surprising) I'm also interested to see how you'll end up having her improve as a ninja. Desperation, perhaps? I guess we'll see.
454 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 .. Last Next »