Reviews for Soul Voice
deathtraps chapter 4 . 10/1/2006
Great story, i really love where this is going. keep up the good work.
faberryjuice chapter 4 . 9/30/2006
Very nice chapter, I can't wait to read more. Great job so far _
Sect chapter 4 . 9/24/2006
Hm... very good story. Most of the other stories I've seen with an alternate Kyuubi vessel usually just surplants Naruto's personality on the character, but this one actually alters the character's personality to adjust to being the pariah of the village... very nice.
The Itch chapter 4 . 9/24/2006
First, I have to begin with "I am a little biased..."- I'm a huge fan of Sakura. She's my favorite female anime character; not just Naruto female, but female in /all/ anime. As such, I love stories that star her, which means this review will probably be colored by the bias :)

That said, this is an amazing story. I love the way that you're portraying her in Naruto's situation- as they're fundamentally different characters, it's nice to see that you're not just pasting Sakura's face on Naruto's character. It lends a much better feel to the situation. So does her reaction to the insults and actions of the other kids; which, sad to say, recalls my days as the playground pariah _\;;

The pace of the story feels slow to me, but I believe that may have something to do with wanting to get at the 'meat' of the story- that is, Kishimoto's story. I've always been impatient to get through the history lessons, however, and I can see where writing the build up to who Sakura becomes is important in your story. Your versions of the characters diverge enough from the original versions that it's hard to predict how things would turn out- especially with Sakura and Naruto switched around.

I can hardly wait for the next installment. On another note- there's only a couple of nominations locked up on my laptop that I can't access, but I'm surprised no one has nominated this story for the 2006 Naruto Fanfiction Awards. Consider this my nomination :)
may flyer chapter 4 . 9/23/2006
Very interesting! I'm very pleased that you're making this AU genuinely alternate - which is to say that I'm happy that you don't have Sakura repeating Naruto's path. You've also stayed very true to the core personalities of your characters, while at the same time subjecting some to a drastic change of circumstances. Kudos.

I do wonder if Inner Sakura will make an appearance, and if/when/how that might tie into Kyuubi. Since Sakura appears to lack Naruto's level of drive (not surprising) I'm also interested to see how you'll end up having her improve as a ninja. Desperation, perhaps? I guess we'll see.
anti-thule chapter 4 . 9/23/2006
does Naruto know of da 9T?
EternalProvidence83 chapter 4 . 9/23/2006
Wow What a great story! Ya know I've never even considered a concept like this, it's very original and extrememly refreshing! - Flows very well, detailed perfectly; and Sakura's view fits flawlessly with the part she plays! Absolute fantastic story. Please update soon! D

Suri-chan
Lisse chapter 4 . 9/22/2006
What I really like about this fic is that despite the changes to the storyline, all of the characters are still recognizable and still obviously themselves. That's so hard to find, so I'm just thrilled whenever I track a fic like this down. I also love that the changes in the storyline are plausible and thought-out. This version of Sakura is great, especially when she's determined to prove herself. I also love Naruto and his friendship with her (and with everybody, really) and the bits with Iruka worked really well. Awesome job, and this is defintely on the favorites list.
Nes Mikel chapter 4 . 9/22/2006
Most excellent, another well-done chapter I all in all enjoyed.

Your writing style is mature, as is your method of description – detailed, but not too much – a definite plus. It is such a refreshing change to see an author like you working on a story quite captivating. It makes me actually care for the characters, as I find myself wondering exactly what Ino’s father’s purpose was in calling Sakura over for dinner, or why Hinata acted the way she did in their sparring match. What caught my eye the most however was Naruto’s mention of how his mother is still alive, and whether or not this fact will play an important role later on the story.

Moving onto the critiques – I failed to mention this last chapter, but I noticed that there’s a slight error in your story summary; the last few words are cut off. While it’s nothing significant, it is still something that I think that’s worth fixing. The summary is the first thing that a reader will see, and making good first impressions in my opinion is quite important.

Also, from what I’ve read of the story so far, it does make me wonder in which direction this story is going, as I really don’t see a solid plotline in the works as of yet. Unlike the canon storyline, Sakura in this story lacks the ‘drive’ Naruto had in his dream of becoming the Hokage so he would be acknowledged by the entire village, while she only has the goal to become the best ninja ever so she could make the Third proud – it just strikes me that it’s a plot device that’s rather on the weak side. You see, Sakura gives me the impression that she’s just living so that she wouldn’t be a burden to anyone, the impression reinforced by the fact that she fast became friends with Hinata (who I’m guess is still being treated as a burden within the Hyuuga clan so they have something they can relate each other with) and how she constantly beats herself up for being so weak and being so hated. While I do understand that you’re gradually introducing the new character relationships between the rookie-nine students, your chapters always leaves me a tiny bit disappointed, wishing there was something more in terms of raw content and plot development. Don’t get me wrong, what you write is great and your chapters, in average, are longer than the majority of other fictions posted in this website, but I just wish there was more. Therefore, I humbly suggest you consider making your chapters slightly longer. Sure, it takes longer to write, but like I said in my last review, quality is always better than quantity.

Another thing I suggest is to switch between character perspectives a little more often. While I do enjoy the story thus far, I think it would add more depth and color to the story if the perspectives were switched more often. So far, besides Sakura, the story is only told in the Fourth’s (Prologue), Sakura’s mother (Prologue) and Iruka’s (Chapters Two and Three) perspective, and even then they are only touched upon briefly. I really do want to see the story from Naruto’s perspective, Sasuke’s perspective, Hinata’s perspective… even Chouji or Shikamaru would be great! I would’ve loved to see the interaction between Kiba and Naruto after Sakura ran out of the room and how the others reacted to the incident. Oh well. ;

Switching perspectives is a great way to create character development among other characters, and deepens the understanding of how the characters act and why they act the way they do (although I should mention that Chouji telling Sakura that he was made fun of for being big and slow was a nice touch!). Remember, while you, the author, knows everything going on in the story, most of the others who read your story are essentially clueless when it comes to the reasons why the characters are the way they are! Like babies, they have be spoon-fed the essential information! *laugh*

That’s about it from me.

I eagerly await your next chapter!

- Nes Mikel

PS. There seems to be errors right now in the website in which ff net is failing to send out review alerts to one’s e-mail, and thus, it is highly possible that even when you respond to the reviews through the messaging system on ff net, the replies won’t reach the recipients. I got your reply for my previous review no problem (and thank you for that), but just so you know.
Flame Unicorn chapter 4 . 9/22/2006
Awesome story! Please update soon -
Shinobi Darkbeak chapter 4 . 9/22/2006
yay another update cool can't wait to see what happens next, keep up the good work i really like this fic _
Sami-chan chapter 4 . 9/22/2006
Add more as soon as possible I need to know what happens!
Shuuwai chapter 3 . 9/22/2006
It would be nice that Sakura would develop a crush on Naruto, as hes probably the first person(besides the Sandaime Hokage of being nice to her). Though it wouldn't be fair that the very demon lives within her, which ultimately killed his father, well worse since he can't move on, being in the Shinigami's stomach.
Shuuwai chapter 4 . 9/22/2006
Really? You mean that you forgot your pw for your e-mail account?(confused). Private messages go to e-mail too :D, I had fun with that.

The reply, thank jelloness(lol)

Hopefully you'll reveal more, though I thought that Naruto would be alittle darker since everyone expects him to be like his father despite living with his mother or that Stone nins would try to assassinate Naruto as Yondaime was the Yellow Flash of Konoha who turned the advantage to Konoha.

Wonder how it'll go :D
shadylion chapter 3 . 9/18/2006
Very nice. Twould be better if you slipped something in a conversation as to what happened to Sakura's mum, unless that's meant to be a mystery of course! _

Looking forward to the next chappie...
444 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 Next »