Reviews for Roarke's Family
Mishee chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Another well written story. I always loved the Wedding episode because it showed a more personal side of Mr. Roarke, even if it was limited to an hour episode. You did a nice job of retelling it but also adding to it and fleshing it out. Adding the character of Leslie was done pretty flawlessly. I think her additon (to the story) really allowed for there to be explanation and vulnerability to the character of Mr. Roarke. It gives the readers the view into his life where he is forced to deal with his emotions, loss of a wife, and lack of control over the circumstances in Helena's death, as well as having to be there as a parent for Leslie. On top of that you really did it in a believable fashion. You kept him true to his character.

The addition of the second part of the story was well written also. Again adding to and expanding the turmoil between Roarke and Tattoo was done nicely.

Keep on writing! :o)
Harry2 chapter 10 . 9/15/2006
I see the iron backbone that Leslie has developed since that incident. And I have a feeling that it will do her good in the days that are coming. I smell a lot of trouble heading this way (and I HOPE that I am wrong!) and Leslie is going to need all the strength that she can muster.
Harry2 chapter 9 . 9/15/2006
I see that Leslie has grown a great deal since these times. I just hope that the strength that she has gained, will help her out in her own romance.
Harry2 chapter 8 . 9/15/2006
Oh Tattoo, if only you realized that the Colonel was right and that while Donna Mae does have talent, its not enough to get to the top. But, sometimes, the hardest lessons in life are the ones we have the toughest time learning.
Harry2 chapter 7 . 9/15/2006
Sounds like Donna Mae DOES have some talent, but not enough to get a deal at this time. And that is something that is going to stick in Ellie's craw for a LONG time!
Harry2 chapter 6 . 9/11/2006
Well, I am happy to see that Jamie and Leslie, along with Jamie's fiancee, have become good friends and being able to share tales.
Harry2 chapter 5 . 9/11/2006
I can understand Leslie's rage. After loosing her mother, and then seeing Roarke loose the women he loved, its understandable.
Harry2 chapter 4 . 9/11/2006
And so, we see a double adoption about to take place: Both Lelsie and Jamie. Two young people who have lost so much, yet found a family that they could call their own, here on Fantasy Island.
Harry2 chapter 3 . 9/11/2006
CURSES! Neither Leslie or Jamie found out about Helen's illness until it was TOO LATE! Now both are in a state of shock, with Leslie on the run.
Harry2 chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
Just when things started going so well, the first hint of trouble! I just hope that it doesn't scar Leslie for the rest of her life!
Harry2 chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
And so, one of the greatest, and yet, most tragic, fantasies that have ever come to the island is explained. I have never forgotten this episode, as it was truly, one of the most POWERFUL stories that was ever done!
Kyryn chapter 10 . 9/6/2006
I am constantly amazed by how well you portray the characters and how seamlessly you slip your version into the original series.

I hope that you've got plenty more stories, because as long as you keep writing, I'll keep reading!
jtbwriter chapter 10 . 9/5/2006
I just had to wipe tears away-what a story!

You made it so very real-Jamie Marsh's part in Roarke and

Leslie's life-how very turbulent it was for Leslie...wow! You filled in some blanks that really fit the story.

I love also how Roarke was finally able to grieve for Helena with Leslie's help-and how close they became by being there for Tattoo. But I could just feel the depths Leslie went to when she feared losing Tattoo-very real and heartrending-thanks!

A great look at the healing power of talking out these memories-I think your best story ever! Thanks!