Reviews for Redemption 2: The Master of Horse
JoySPC chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I come back here periodically just in case by any chance you might have continued this. I really, really want you to!
Elaine du Lac chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Let Marxbros speak for us, the silent readers!
XinnLajgin chapter 8 . 10/5/2008
Perfect, and I can't wait for you to update. Hopefully you didn't abandon this fic.
Catcher-in-the-Rye chapter 8 . 6/4/2003
Wow. Simply amazing. I enjoyed reading this as if it were a book, and your historical accuracy is wonderful - fantastic, really. :)
Vanessa chapter 8 . 5/11/2003
Ch. 8 is well worth the wait. I'm starting to take your beautiful writing (esp. the gorgeous descriptions) for granted, which is quite ungrateful. ;)

Though I usually focus on Maximus instead of Lucilla, the last few chapters are enough to make me change my mind. The way you connect Lucilla to Rome as Daughter, Wife, and Mother is very creative. I also enjoyed the reintroduction of Senator Gracchus and the additional father/daughter relationship between him and Lucilla.

One image that stayed with me was that of Lucilla, Gracchus, and Sekt-aten, shocked out of their serene appearance by the storm. The trio create an interesting dynamic: mysterious East vs. Rome the mother of cities vs. Rome the home of lawgivers.

The Arthurian element, so often hinted at, is tantalizing. The possible scope of this story is mind-boggling. I don't know what to say-except that I can't wait! :)
Marxbros chapter 7 . 4/11/2003
DNA, wow.

That was such an intense chapter. But so beautiful and descriptively stunning. I am really awed by your leaps of imagination here and your ability to transfer these magical, otherworldly images to the page.

"In a furious hiss of steam, the last flare of sparks from the falling hammer, the final wave of heat from this newly molded object dissipates in a flickering of after-glow, leaving in its darkened, cooling wake, the birth of a sword." Do you know how beautiful your descriptions are? About the sword, and its freedom from the stone, are you talking about Excalibur? And then is Maximus using the same sword later?

Very interesting and lovely to read. Your prose is always fluid and beautiful, but this chapter was especially impressive. Excellent job! And I was thrilled to see an update, you make us wait so long for each installemnt ;-) -M
Ilaria chapter 7 . 4/10/2003
Lovely! This dream or vision of Lucilla is very interesting and intriguing, especially the last bit about Lucilla saving Maximus' life... I can't wait to see what will happen next in 'real life'. :-) You continue to apologize with the fans of the Maximus/Lucilla pairing, but I, a shameless romantic, can't wait to see how things will progress between Maximus and Nemhyn...
Marxbros chapter 6 . 1/23/2003
Wow.

Excellent chapter. You describe everything so beautifully and completely. You have Lucilla's character drawn so realistically-her sorrow and frustration and futile anger. In this chapter I could see everything you described, you've written this so evocatively.

I don't know if you've read The Mists of Avalon, but many of your references here: to the King Stag, and his sacrifice to save the land...go back to that book, and to the entire Goddess religion. I thought it was very beautifully conceived and written. And is Maximus the King Stag? Very interesting. I was so happy to see more of this. I love this story and I can't wait for chapter 7 and 8. -M
DNA chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Oh wow...alright, it's been a really long time...I know people glance through here once in a while...(and thanks Marxbros!;)-always love your encouragement, and your writing;)...i still get emails now and then...i'm still writing...i actually have 3 chapters to post all about lucilla and gracchus...they are just about done...and need to be proofed, then posted...i've been cleaning up some sloppy detail from the first Redemption, too...hopefully it'll all be accomplished soon;)...but rest assured, i'm still writing this story;)
Marxbros chapter 5 . 9/8/2002
DNA...I know I've reviewed this story before, but (in response to the numerous reviews you've left for me ;-) I must say I've been waiting forever for chapter six to come out. Your lush descriptions, your realistic and unsentimental characters...I am so looking forward to more in this story from you. Please don't make us wait too much longer ;-) -M
Marxbros chapter 5 . 4/29/2002
DNA, Excellent chapter! It took me awhile to get to it, and to read it all, but it was certainly worth the wait. You have a great knack for setting a scene-the scene at the meat stand, and especially in the tavern, was right on. I could see that big, nice table, the golden cider, the heavy oak door with the cold wind blowing in...really great stuff. And not to mention the awesome conversation between Max and the three samaritans. You've set their personalities, the tension between Max and Batrades is tight as a drum. I love this story, hurry up with chapter 6!
Vanessa chapter 5 . 4/9/2002
I foresee quite a clash of wills between Batrades and Maximus. Both strong-willed, natural leaders, they will want their own way-and the Sarmatian and the Spaniard can't be expected to always agree.

The Sarmatians are quite a lovable bunch-twisted sense of humor, barely restrained aggression, disgust at Romans. And they're handsome to boot. LOL.

Last question: Did Maximus command the final battle against Sarmatians? And how does Batrades feel about Maximus's personal hero, Marcus Aurelius?
DNA chapter 5 . 4/2/2002
hmmmm...it's actually the author here...i'm retarded and didn't realize...the date just below the title for chapter 5 should read "A week after the mid-summer festival", just short of July-182CE...when i have time, i'll repost to correct...sorry for the inconsistency, if anyone noticed...;)ta
Joanna chapter 4 . 2/27/2002
Wow, this story was really good, I really enjoyed it. I really hope that you write more to this, because this is very well written. You must continue!
Marxbros chapter 1 . 2/1/2002
Oh yeah, I forgot...as much as I'm loving what you're doing now, don't forget to clue us into what is going on with Lucilla. I don't know what role she will play in all of this, but your first chapter was so good that I want to know how she's doing with Quintus, etc. K, that's all, I can't wait for chapter 5 :-)

Marxbros