Reviews for Striding
BlueSapphire92 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Why do I like this story? Well I like the way you use Aragron's diferent names and tell his story through them. Your chapters are short yet very meaningful if you get what I'm saying. I very much liked the ending of this first chapter.
BlueSapphire92 chapter 5 . 8/25/2008
I really like this D
grumpy123 chapter 5 . 9/27/2006
Hm, Longshanks or Strider, I think I like Strider best, Bilbo was right about that.
Sivaroobini Lupin-Black chapter 5 . 9/22/2006
This was wonderful! I really loved it, and it was funny too! Humour rocks! Hey, over here it's September 22nd, which is FRODO'S AND BILBO'S BIRTHDAY! *dances the hobbit dance and hums hobbit soundtrack*

Anyway, you're a great writer and I really enjoyed this. I'm sorry it's come to an end. Write more stories!
dancingkatz chapter 5 . 9/18/2006
LOL! "Label the Ranger" I love it! I personally like "Strider" but hten I admit that I'm biased. Bilbo's final comment could be read that he knows that Aragorn is the uncrowned King of Gondor and Arnor or that he doesn't. IT creates some interesting follow-up ideas whichever you pick.

This was a lovely little set of character vignettes. I find myself short of appropriate adjectives but I hope you'll understand that I liekd them all very much.
dancingkatz chapter 4 . 9/18/2006
Oh, my. This one had SO much subtext in it. Most excellently written. I honestly think that Denethor could have accepted Thorongil/Aragorn as his King back then if other issues had been resolved to the point that Aragorn could have made his claim to the throne. Oh, the "what ifs..." this little piece could develop. Again, excellent!
dancingkatz chapter 3 . 9/18/2006
I don't think this one was weak at all. But then again, I am a Rohirrim at heart . I wish I could fly fast enough to catch a spooked colt. Wingfoot, indeed!
dancingkatz chapter 2 . 9/18/2006
This one made me grin. Of course, I know why Aragorn stepped up the pace. Nothing like a little motivation, hm?
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
Very nice! I like the phrase "Hope will fly if given wings."

Very evocative.
grumpy123 chapter 4 . 9/18/2006
Ah Thorongil, almost let it out that he is leaving, and will not be coming back from Umbar.
Sivaroobini Lupin-Black chapter 4 . 9/15/2006
As in Denethor, son of Ecthelion, father of Boromir and Faramir? Wow, he's nice... So they both know. This was interesting!
Sivaroobini Lupin-Black chapter 3 . 9/15/2006
I thought it was Eomer who christnened him Wingfoot - but WONDERFUL!
grumpy123 chapter 3 . 9/15/2006
Good thing his brothers gave Estel lessons in running, good for catching horses, and elf maidens.
grumpy123 chapter 2 . 9/10/2006
Ah, that is it, dangle Arwin in front of him, that will get him moving.
grumpy123 chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
I like that part about making a eagle out of Estel. Hey Estel needs to get out there and learn.