Reviews for L'esprit de l'escalier
pearlseed chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
dearie, I am new to these doings-so I've not learned to make fast all. I thought that I had sent a little note to you already, however, that may not have occurred. So, please accept this, if it's a second, delete.

I thoroughly enjoyed your writing on this story. I could see the place, the people, Elizabeth's beautiful head toss-she does snort her opinions sometimes. The dialouge is good! I love to read because I like to see the picture the words create. I saw easily, clearly what you wrote. There was a seamlessness in the vivid images from the movies and your words. My thanks to ye, work hard, play hard, please continue to share your skill. Ah, and it's a charming and quirky pleasure that you have French titles with the translations. I love to learn something new and words, what a delight. Now I have to query a friend to find out how to say these words.
teapirategirl chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
I love all of your Cinq Fois series! I applaud you cause they are great.
Florencia7 chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
"It's not your boots I'm after." lol;) That's a lovely sentence.

The story is wonderful. You captured their personalities amazingly well.

And I really like the title. It's perfect:)
ditte3 chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
Awesome describe Jack and Liz so well.
E. Linnet chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
So awesome. So, so utterly awesome :P
JeanieBeanie33 chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
I'm tired and was ready to go to bed when I started reading, but I kept reading. I know the story's good when I do that. It's excellent, really; it's the best one so far, in my opinion, although the first is a close contender. I haven't read the fourth one yet, though.

I've learned French, now! Now I know what it's like when you later look back on a situation and think, 'I should've said *that.*' Happens to me a lot, so I can identify with Elizabeth rather well. Maybe that's why i like it so much.
Heldin chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
Nice story :), I also really like Jack's "It's not your boots I'm after", like my fellow reviewers. Just one thing: It's not "l'espirit", but "l'esprit".
Queen-Of-Sins chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
That wasnt good at all...it was Facking brilliant! so cool
The-Pirate-Lass chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
hehe I liked this one the best...I liked the comment "it's not your boots I'm after." lol..
twin-v chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
Thanks for including the translations of the titles. :) This one really fits, hehe. It was hilarious- Elizabeth swimming all the way to the ship just to tell Jack that he wasn't fit to kiss her boots. Hahaha!

It's great, the way you made it so that Elizabeth and Will's relationship just sort of faded, but they didn't let anyone know. They both do have their pride... but it's a plausible way for it to happen. :)
brokenoutoft chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
Oh PERFECT, just wonderful, both of them are spot on and it was so funny and sweet at the same time. And I shall be remembering that phrase, I know that feeling well!
Podie1 chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
Very Cute and humerous. I really liked it.

You have a really nice writing style - Good descriptive powers and yours words flow really wonderfully.

I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
Sleepy Lotus chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
what a wonderful story! i like your concept of using the french phrases. "it's not your boots i'm after..." great line!