Reviews for Ties That Bind
Dr. Amelia Donna chapter 3 . 1/2/2017
Would love a sequel where Janeway and Chakotay get together.
Dee474 chapter 3 . 8/9/2016
ooh, how evil, leaving the story here. loved it
Rascal207 chapter 3 . 9/21/2013
God, I loved the last chapter! I came about reading this when you posted the sequel and I'm glad I did. Baby fics are not my cup of tea, but the depth of the J/C relationship you explored here, trully excellent!
I really enjoyed this story.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/17/2013
Loved how you weaved this through most of the the seventh season. Now Ive gotta make time to read the other fics in your series.
NDBaby chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Like others have written - your work is exceptional.

I hate hate hate baby fics - but read this in one sitting. Not my favorite of your fics - but I hope you consider an epilogue or a sequel. KJ can have it all, damn it, she's the Captain - and maybe she moves on from MrC? Dude needs to squirm a bit for the poor choice made by giving up on love. But just for a little while.
Sarah chapter 3 . 5/16/2013
Hi, I just found this. Is there going to be a continuation that shows how they raise the baby together?
GLovesTrek chapter 3 . 12/9/2012
Oh my, well I had avoided this fic because it was "only" J/C friendship and I thought it was that KJ carried C/7's baby, but today found out elsewhere that it was a Workforce tale, so was intrigued and decided I could at least look at it. WELL, of course I was hooked pretty fast and had to read it through (well skimmed a few parts), and ack it was so emotional I teared up a couple times. Oh dear, what a heartfelt tale, altho at least there was a bit of "satisfaction" at the end. And somehow I don't mind it ended where it did, maybe reading more would have been too much to bear, ha. Well, I can kind of imagine that such a scenario could have happened during the Voyager episodes, and maybe cause a rift between the command team. Anyway, tnx again for a great story, even if it kind of left me breathless (will have to read a happy J/C story now, maybe the Lulu one, heh).
MadameCaptain chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Where to begin?

I've read all of your stories and adore your writing. You're extremely creative and brilliant in all the aspects that you use in helping to keep the characters truly reflected as they were on the show. I'm sure it took me this long to finally read this story due to the fact that I have a slight aversion to the idea of workforce, and the rift it helped create.

As for the storyline that you created I could not put it down or stop to think about anything else until I came to the conclusion of the story. I am in awe of all the nuances and detail you put in to ultimately make the characters more realistic. I agree with the last 2 people that left really detailed reviews for the story in saying that I would LOVE to see a sequel to this saga. The story addition with Sekaya was great, but I am admittedly mushy inside and would love to finally see the happy ending. :)

Kudos for such a gripping story that kept me wanting more!
bobbirice chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
awesome!
red2007 chapter 3 . 8/24/2011
Okay. I have literally been glued to my seat for the last 3 hours. I, like the previous reviewer almost gave up about halfway through, and perhaps sooner because the whole concept seemed preposterous and the arguments were torturous. But I HAD to know what happened, so I read on, mesmerized.

First, I'd like to say that you are BRILLIANT - I can't even imagine some of the scenarios that you concoct in some of your stories, they leave me saying WOW and I hope you never stop writing because it is definitely a gift.

Having said that, I am going to join the many people who have been crying out for a sequel. I know you alluded toward the end and in the left out scene between Chakotay and his sister, and if I felt like I had even half of your writing ability I'd appease myself and try to write out my own solely for closure - but I'm not, and I couldn't do it. The way you masterfully weaved this entire story together within the confines of season seven was just incredible.

Have I gushed enough? I don't feel I've done it justice. I hope beyond hope that you will someday conceive a plot bringing the whole thing together for those of us who just seem to need a little more finality.
xkawaiix chapter 3 . 7/14/2011
I nearly stopped reading after the first half of the second chapter. Chakotay's and Janeway's arguments were so insufferable I wanted to pull my hair out. Chakotay was unreasonable. Of course Kathryn could never have a child and be Captain. What would they do - park the ship for 9 months and then resume course? Aliens could kidnap the child and use her for leverage over the captain which would have been three times as effective as using any of her crew. But Janeway failed to communicate anything logical because she freaking just decided ignore everything. And mixed in with Chakotay's anger, their friendship exploded, their potential to be together exploded, and decidedly Chakotay turned to Seven of Nine.

Pulling. Out. My. Hair.

I hate baby fanfictions, and I nearly gave up because I thought this whole scenario was preposterous.

But I read on, skeptically. And on. And on, until I hit the end. And then I realized just how unbelievably real you made Janeway, Chakotay, and ultimately, the entire story. Tangible fears, frustrations, anger, love, and turmoil - for Kathryn's feelings for Chakotay and the baby, for Chakotay's feelings for Seven and Kathryn, and for Seven's fears and insecurities. Real people aren't always strong, rational, and composed which we've seen from them on screen. And rarely are people any of that when it involves love or the life of a child.

At first I didn't know what to think of this story. Now I realize my mixed emotions were the result of the unbelievable amount of angst in this story. This plot (which could have easily turned into a hot mess) was brilliantly executed. It spun a very plausible "what if" scenario and concluded with a scene delightfully and frighteningly similar to real life.

Though I'm still not a fan of baby fanfictions, you certainly write a compelling story. My hat's off to you again!
jmarrero16 chapter 3 . 11/8/2010
i think you should continue this
TheJesser chapter 3 . 5/18/2010
I truly enjoyed this story. It was well written and was different in a way that is hard to come by in Voyager fanfiction. I would love to have a sequel to see how they work out this awkward threesome relationship. Thanks for the great read!
fantasyinmymind chapter 3 . 3/28/2009
Another great story by this author. I agree though - there should be a sequel. I don't believe that Seven and Chakotay's relationship will survive this - she already knows it.
secretcastle chapter 3 . 2/16/2009
Oh this was a nice brilliant fic. I loved it. Of course, poor Seven won't stand a chance but then she'll have the doctor for comfort. Btw, have you read the Voyager story Places of Exile? It's part of the Star Trek Myriad Universe series and it involves Janeway and Chakotay having a child together. It's probably the only Star Trek sanctioned story where Chakotay an Janeway ended up romantically together.