Reviews for Superman Can Fly
Love it.
BlueTigress chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
Great chapter!

Love it!

I cant wait to read more!

Please keep on posting!
wellthatdepends chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
Great fic, I really enjoyed this. Not only did you grab my attention by the title, but the opening line left me intruiged. This was a beautiful exchange between Kate and Tony, showing some depth in their relationship which isn't often expressed in the shows. Overall, i thought this was very IC but at the same time, very different to most fics that i've read. Well done

XD CSIMel
KitsuneLauz chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
As soon as I started reading it, I knew I'd like it. I really like your writing style and I'm sure I'd be eager to read more of your TATE fics in the future! (or perhaps this could do with a sequel? Yes. Methinks so.)

Spelling/Grammar-

half way - halfway

Sometimes you capitalise Superman, and sometimes you don't ;) It was a bit confusing that way.

I loved the ending! It was really well written and it's a great insight into what Tony's life is like. The first class Hawaiian thing was funny, too, but not so funny it broke away from the depth of the last paragraph!
Princess-Rachy chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
This is really really good! Really well-written. There's more rite? Coz u cannot stop there that wud be too mean! Can't wait for more!
lilmouse chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
This is very interesting and I'm sorry it isn't longer. :)

The reader is thrown into the situation a bit. Kate is trying to talk Tony out of leaving, so perhaps there was a difficult case that made him think he'd been at NCIS too long. Good premise, though, and both were in-charcater.

I wish I knew for certain that in *this* version of NCIS, Kate has been able to convince him to stay. It isn't clear at the end if he's figured that out or not. Regardless, it makes for a great segment. You have their banter down pat.

Favorite parts?

“What?” Her tone is incredulous. Two minutes ago they had been talking about him leaving. Thinking, she corrects herself sternly. Thinking of leaving. That’s what he had said, and she considers it an important distinction to make.

(This establishes quite a bit in a few short sentences. Tight writing.)

“You know, Superman? Slicked back hair, underwear on the outside?”

(LOL!)

For once, the silence eats at her instead.

(Nice. I like that Kate feels she has to fill the void that Tony usually fills.)

“Oh come on, Kate. Imagine the possibilities. No traffic, no rush hour. No travelling with Gibbs and his insane driving habits, feeling the cold hand of death at every –”

“How could you, Tony? How could you even think of leaving?” The question comes out in a rush, and she hates that her voice sounds so desperate.

(The humour here is nice but I really like this part for the change in topic. Kate's frustration is deftly described right here.)

“I’ve never met anyone so smart act like such an ignorant…dense person!”

“Ignorant dense person, Katie?” The laughter in his voice is mixed with surprise. He has never seen her this stuck for words before. It’s sort of scary. Then he realises the other thing she said.

(Once more, Kate at a loss for words shows her desperation and Tony taking a beat or two to pick up on her calling him 'smart' is funny - and in-character.

Have I mentioned I like stories that don't drift from the character? ;) Play with them, sure, but they should be true to what has been established. You have both of them spot on.)

Picking up the phone, he orders a pizza, staring at the ticket sitting on the table the whole time, reading the words over and over in his head until he almost orders a first class Hawaiian.

(LOL! Now I just hope he cashes in the ticket...)

I seem to have written a novel for a review. My apologies. When I'm not too tired and I really like something, I tend to go a bit bananas with the word-thing.

Thank you for sharing this story. I look forward to reading more of your ideas.

Cheers!

Mouse :)
brilliantly confused chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
I'm a little confused, but I definitely like it.
celestial1 chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
Yay! I'm so glad that FFN finally allowed me to *read* this story (rather than continuing to tease me the way they have all day). I'm fascinated by the fact that Tony could never stay in one place for long, and I wondered what happened when he reached 2 years at NCIS. Did he contemplate leaving, or did he know it's where he was meant to stay?

(Tangent: I never used to date any guy for more than 2 months. When I met my now husband, I figured if I made it to 2 months with him, then we would eventually be married. And I was totally right. I guess if I could tell within 2 months if I wanted to be with someone, then Tony can tell within 2 years if he lilkes a job or not, right?)

“You know, Superman? Slicked back hair, underwear on the outside?” I loved this line - very IC for Tony.

Good job!