Reviews for The House on Thornrose Lane: A Grimm Tale
Aquasira chapter 35 . 8/28
Thank you for sharing such a marvelous original tale. All your stories are captivating and this is close to one's heart. Touching on our love for fairytales and happy endings. It was beautifully done and Darien was even allowed his soulmate which is bittersweet since it was at the cost of Endymion's life. Keep writing magic _
bluesailorcat14 chapter 35 . 6/18
I loved it! By far the best fanfiction story I have ever read! I was going ballistic with every character dropping like flies AND ENDYMION DYING! It was truly a heart stopper. But you truly gathered the essence of Serena and Darien from Sailor Moon, making this story and one of my favorite animes truly worth remembering. I just wanted to say by the end while I WAS CRYING MY EYES OUT.. I found solace in the fact of Endymion's reincarnation/other half as you may call it came to be just as smitten and charming in the end.. But really my heartstrings were pulled to no limit..but I loved every bit..the twist with the guardians really shocked me and I like the creativity displayed by each new character and their personalities. I can't believe Andrew was evil! Sweet little Motoki.. But ehh it was good.. I loved Michiru/Michelle hehe:) I'm not sure if I favor her as one of my fave senshi/characters but I love the idea of her being the gorgeous, little, cold, annoying, usually spineless princess, but I loved her at the end.. Was Alex supposed to be Amara/ Haruka? Cause that would be the funniest thing! Puss in buss.. I usually love cats but I really wanted to slap this little cat at a few points..and Setsuna as a harp cracks me up! King Artemis and Queen Luna are perfect! Also the princes I really enjoyed especially since that now I'm a devoted fan to sailor moon crystal and I got to see a whole new side to them than in the original anime.. HotaHotaru haha never got it but I always pictured her as an old lady for some reason while reading the entire thing:D .. Oh and finally yes..I understand why you killed Endymion now..yes.. You brought a realistic quality about love to the story but still retained its fairy tale aspects and for that.. Your story was heart wrenching, romantic, and adventurous.. Only making the story all the more flawless
MINA!? NOOO!? I'm crying! Oh my gosh I'm crying.. And no! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! This story is amazing but soooo tragic so far. Please make things right! Endymion! Love every bit of the angst, violence and emotional roller coaster that this story has put me through..keep writing forever!
gabeliz.castillocarin chapter 35 . 4/27
You know.. I Was actually avoiding your story. I didn't want to read it.. Not because I beleive ir Was going to be a bad story but because it envolved fairy tales... The fairy tales that say that there should always be a happy ending... But even though I have been crying for the last chapters I can honestly say that I am really greatful for what you Have done with the story... Yes there should be happy endings but they are not always /for all of us... Sometimes... But anyways Thank you for giving me a little hope un knowing that some happy endings dont necessarilly mean that you will have a Prince and Live hapilly ever after.. Sometimes it means helping others have theirs..
Ten-Faced chapter 35 . 3/25
Oh wow, that was such an epic tale. I love the original fairy tales by the Grimm Brothers (violent and bloody as they are . . . grim indeed brothers) and this was such a fantastic incorporation of, well, so many of my favourites. Loved the fantasy, and the more minor stories like Bluebeard (Molly took a great lesson in badassery) and the growth Serena seems to have gone through, as well as the changes the rest of the characters developed as well. I think Darien's views on true love was really a great end to it all, showing Serena that there's something more to be had.
Writer-in-the-making16 chapter 35 . 2/5
Well, thanks Alicia Blade/Ms. Meyer. You did it. You made me cry. And if I cry while reading a story than you've done your job right as an author.

I am never going to get over this wonderful, beautiful, heartwrenchingly epic fairytale. I mean, I knew the basic gist, I knew that there'd be the classic shenanigans and secret princesses what with all the foreshadowing. And I get it, I really do; sometimes a story goes into certain direction and you can't change it's course. But, god why did he have to die!? (sobbing grossly) I wanted the magic! I wanted the fairytale ending!

But that's the thing about fairytales and real life; you don't always get the happy ending. Nothing is guaranteed, and sometimes the love of your life is taken from you. Facts that we sadly, have to accept.

However, you did give the ending hope. Hope that even after tragedy and pain and heartbreak, love can be found again, people can move on, and happiness can be obtained. So for that, thank you. Thank you for a great read, even if I kinda hate you for tearing at my heartstrings.

Sincerely, Writer-in-the-making16
Princess Sailor Lily chapter 19 . 12/7/2014
Endymion asked Serena to marry him! 3 I was just screaming SAY YES. And there is no way Endymion would be happier with Briar Rose.
Athina Blaine chapter 35 . 12/1/2014
Aaah, what a great story. The various twists genuinely caught me off guard! The betrayal of the guardians, the death of Endymion... Gripping stuff! You're an excellent writer.

One thing that didn't really sit well with me, however, was the reasoning of Endymion's perma-death. Don't get me wrong, it was the right decision to make. Bringing him back to life would have been far too cliche. It's just the fact that he was the ONLY one who stayed dead. Heck, even the nobody soldiers got brought back to life. ALL of them. And considering how Serena loses her Guardianship in the sequel, anyway...? There could have been a better way of keeping him dead that didn't come across as being cheap.

I know it's been years since you've probably even THOUGHT of this story, but I just wanted to throw my two-cents in anyway. It's still a great work; juuuust one or two things that don't make sense.
Triva chapter 35 . 7/11/2014
This was amazing! You really should look into altering it enough for publication; I, for one, would certainly buy it if it were a book!
Untitled chapter 34 . 6/12/2014
Assuming Alex is Haruka, you changed their gender, which is erasure of a character's sexuality. Not okay.
DieHardSMFan chapter 34 . 5/27/2014
Just finished reading this story last night. OMG! It was WONDERFUL! You are really talented no wonder you were published :) It broke my heart when Endy died and I seriously thought I was going to bawl my eyes out when it happened. I totally didn't expect it and then for all Serena discovered and also lost with his passing. Totally left me just in a daze after I finished reading it BUT THEN! ;) I was thrilled to see you wrote a sequel though so I can't wait to get started but call me crazy but now I can't help, for the first time, view Darien and Endy, as two completely different people and I wish Endy would come back and they would live happily ever after. For once, Darien just can't compare and I wish Serena was able to be with Endy.. *tear* Well, I just wanted to tell you how AMAZING you are and love how you started writing fanfics as a kid and are now actually publishing real books like its so exciting! Keep up the fabulous work you got going in that noggin of yours ;) I will also be looking into these books of yours that you have written. You got skill girl!
crimsontears82684 chapter 35 . 5/23/2014
I have to say I am highly impressed with this story. For you to use the Grimm tellings was bold, most people have no real exposure to how gory they all were with them being all Disneyfied now. It was nice that the retellings werent verbatim and the were woven together really well. Though I will have to say, apart from the physical traits of the characters, this could have been written in any fandom. This could easily be made into a non-fan fic easily. Past Serena, all the characters were really blank. They could have been from any series. This is the hard thing with AU fics, keeping everyone in character. Some OOC ness is expected but there has to be a balance to keep the characters who they are from the source material.
Overall, this is a great story and had good pacing and drama. I'm looking forward to checking out some of your original works
kimchi759 chapter 35 . 4/23/2014
Heartbroken by Endymion's death. I don't know. Darien Shields feels too...normal. I felt like the relationship between Serena and Endymion, with all their bickering and clashing, was truer to their canon relationship in Sailor Moon. Perhaps that's why the shy, innocent Darien made the ending feel so off to me, and just a little...wrong. Ah well. Up to that point, I was thoroughly engrossed and enjoying your wonderful story, full of twists and turns. Favorited!
kimchi759 chapter 29 . 4/23/2014
Hahaha, this last scene reminds me of the Queen of Hearts. Ironic how Serena was worried about getting beheaded by a crazy queen when she first entered the castle.
kimchi759 chapter 26 . 4/23/2014
AHAA! I love the moment when a wavering suspicion you had is proven correct and all the uncertaint ymelts away. :))
2,212 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »