Reviews for The House on Thornrose Lane: A Grimm Tale
midnightsnapdragon chapter 34 . 4/26
I cannot tell you how much I've enjoyed reading this story. I love brave, tenacious Serena, who never ever gave up; I love that she became the Guardian of Happy Endings, because it's just so fitting for her role in this story and it completes the circle of story-element-guardians; I love all the ways you've re-written and interpreted the fairy tales - from Cinderella to Little Red Riding Hood (oh my god, that Chibi Chibi and her grandma in the shed, bahaha!) to Bluebeard - and the glimpses we got of those characters in the final battle. You made me laugh with Chibi Chibi telling Serena that "William" just liked to play that game with little kids and her grandma was in on it too, and isn't that just a hoot? :D

I also loved her romance with Endymion (can I just say, I KNEW SHE WAS BRIAR ROSE?) and it makes me so, so sad that she kept pushing him away but they loved each other anyway and that they were together for literally *only a moment* before he died. I very nearly cried. And even though I desperately wanted Serena and Endymion to live happily ever after together, I know that there was no way for him to be revived. It's a good bittersweet ending, love and tragedy, and I love The House on Thornrose Lane all the more for it.

And finally, I like that she has a 'perhaps I'll return to Aysel' in her future, and that though she isn't smitten with Darien anymore, there is the spark of a beginning there. *sad smile* It's sort of fitting that he paid attention to her, too - according with Endymion's comments that if Darien was so like him then he must be in love with her as well. I wish them all the best.

This story is a great accomplishment, a feat to be admired. And I *do* admire this story, and you for writing it! At the moment, it does not matter to me that you are our beloved author of TLC: you are Alicia Blade, a friend to us all, who has an amazing talent for weaving stories - someone who fell in love with a story and its set of characters, and with fairy-tales too, began writing fanfiction for it, and found there her calling.

Thank you for writing The House on Thornrose Lane. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have no doubt that you will rise to ever-greater heights in your writing career.
midnightsnapdragon chapter 26 . 4/25
OF COURSE Serena is the true Sleeping Beauty. OF COURSE they had switched places! Ahhh, I feel so proud that I had predicted it, but I'm also really worried for everyone - surely there is no way this story can end well? Aaieiieieieee!
midnightsnapdragon chapter 9 . 4/24
I love the whole prayer-for-patience thing Serena had, and how she a) beat the wolf over the head, b) encouraged non-stupidity in face of the obviously 'cross-dressing wolf' (ahahaha!) and c) asked Chibi Chibi "What have you learned today?" And the subsequent, "Close enough." Gosh, Chibi Chibi IS sickeningly naïve and trusting. She NEEDS someone to tell her these things! *shakes head ruefully*
NoLife-sama chapter 34 . 3/28
Whoa. There is so much to say about this fanfic, and yet I am speechless. Your fanfic make my feel the Feels like none ever had, and it is this kind of fanfic you're just not gonna forget. Really, I mean it. At the end I was almost begging you on my knees to make "that person"(no spoilers) come back, and yet the fact that he didn't make it even better, something I didn't think was possible. The way how it starts all funny and gentle and ends some magistrally REALLY learns you that, well, "fairy tales aren't all happy ever after", to use your words. I could continue talking about it for hours (sounds like I am not that speechless after all) but I'm just going to say two more things: 1) you made me cry, for the rest of the evening (and I'm definitely not the only one) an 2) I think your fanfic is, without any doubt, one of the bests (if not THE best) of the Sailor Moon category, and one of the most magnificient tribute to Naoko Takeuchi's work.
Alliax chapter 34 . 2/17
Good god. A story has never brought me to tears so many time. I love this story so much. It's well written and is a mix of two of my favorite things, Sailor moon and Fairy Tales. I think this story is worthy of a sequel! Again amazing 10/10 two thumbs up 5 stars perfect score.
Aquasira chapter 35 . 8/28/2015
Thank you for sharing such a marvelous original tale. All your stories are captivating and this is close to one's heart. Touching on our love for fairytales and happy endings. It was beautifully done and Darien was even allowed his soulmate which is bittersweet since it was at the cost of Endymion's life. Keep writing magic _
bluesailorcat14 chapter 35 . 6/18/2015
I loved it! By far the best fanfiction story I have ever read! I was going ballistic with every character dropping like flies AND ENDYMION DYING! It was truly a heart stopper. But you truly gathered the essence of Serena and Darien from Sailor Moon, making this story and one of my favorite animes truly worth remembering. I just wanted to say by the end while I WAS CRYING MY EYES OUT.. I found solace in the fact of Endymion's reincarnation/other half as you may call it came to be just as smitten and charming in the end.. But really my heartstrings were pulled to no limit..but I loved every bit..the twist with the guardians really shocked me and I like the creativity displayed by each new character and their personalities. I can't believe Andrew was evil! Sweet little Motoki.. But ehh it was good.. I loved Michiru/Michelle hehe:) I'm not sure if I favor her as one of my fave senshi/characters but I love the idea of her being the gorgeous, little, cold, annoying, usually spineless princess, but I loved her at the end.. Was Alex supposed to be Amara/ Haruka? Cause that would be the funniest thing! Puss in buss.. I usually love cats but I really wanted to slap this little cat at a few points..and Setsuna as a harp cracks me up! King Artemis and Queen Luna are perfect! Also the princes I really enjoyed especially since that now I'm a devoted fan to sailor moon crystal and I got to see a whole new side to them than in the original anime.. HotaHotaru haha never got it but I always pictured her as an old lady for some reason while reading the entire thing:D .. Oh and finally yes..I understand why you killed Endymion now..yes.. You brought a realistic quality about love to the story but still retained its fairy tale aspects and for that.. Your story was heart wrenching, romantic, and adventurous.. Only making the story all the more flawless
Guest chapter 32 . 6/17/2015
MINA!? NOOO!? I'm crying! Oh my gosh I'm crying.. And no! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! This story is amazing but soooo tragic so far. Please make things right! Endymion! Love every bit of the angst, violence and emotional roller coaster that this story has put me through..keep writing forever!
gabeliz.castillocarin chapter 35 . 4/27/2015
You know.. I Was actually avoiding your story. I didn't want to read it.. Not because I beleive ir Was going to be a bad story but because it envolved fairy tales... The fairy tales that say that there should always be a happy ending... But even though I have been crying for the last chapters I can honestly say that I am really greatful for what you Have done with the story... Yes there should be happy endings but they are not always /for all of us... Sometimes... But anyways Thank you for giving me a little hope un knowing that some happy endings dont necessarilly mean that you will have a Prince and Live hapilly ever after.. Sometimes it means helping others have theirs..
Ten-Faced chapter 35 . 3/25/2015
Oh wow, that was such an epic tale. I love the original fairy tales by the Grimm Brothers (violent and bloody as they are . . . grim indeed brothers) and this was such a fantastic incorporation of, well, so many of my favourites. Loved the fantasy, and the more minor stories like Bluebeard (Molly took a great lesson in badassery) and the growth Serena seems to have gone through, as well as the changes the rest of the characters developed as well. I think Darien's views on true love was really a great end to it all, showing Serena that there's something more to be had.
Writer-in-the-making16 chapter 35 . 2/5/2015
Well, thanks Alicia Blade/Ms. Meyer. You did it. You made me cry. And if I cry while reading a story than you've done your job right as an author.

I am never going to get over this wonderful, beautiful, heartwrenchingly epic fairytale. I mean, I knew the basic gist, I knew that there'd be the classic shenanigans and secret princesses what with all the foreshadowing. And I get it, I really do; sometimes a story goes into certain direction and you can't change it's course. But, god why did he have to die!? (sobbing grossly) I wanted the magic! I wanted the fairytale ending!

But that's the thing about fairytales and real life; you don't always get the happy ending. Nothing is guaranteed, and sometimes the love of your life is taken from you. Facts that we sadly, have to accept.

However, you did give the ending hope. Hope that even after tragedy and pain and heartbreak, love can be found again, people can move on, and happiness can be obtained. So for that, thank you. Thank you for a great read, even if I kinda hate you for tearing at my heartstrings.

Sincerely, Writer-in-the-making16
Princess Sailor Lily chapter 19 . 12/7/2014
Endymion asked Serena to marry him! 3 I was just screaming SAY YES. And there is no way Endymion would be happier with Briar Rose.
Athina Blaine chapter 35 . 12/1/2014
Aaah, what a great story. The various twists genuinely caught me off guard! The betrayal of the guardians, the death of Endymion... Gripping stuff! You're an excellent writer.

One thing that didn't really sit well with me, however, was the reasoning of Endymion's perma-death. Don't get me wrong, it was the right decision to make. Bringing him back to life would have been far too cliche. It's just the fact that he was the ONLY one who stayed dead. Heck, even the nobody soldiers got brought back to life. ALL of them. And considering how Serena loses her Guardianship in the sequel, anyway...? There could have been a better way of keeping him dead that didn't come across as being cheap.

I know it's been years since you've probably even THOUGHT of this story, but I just wanted to throw my two-cents in anyway. It's still a great work; juuuust one or two things that don't make sense.
Triva chapter 35 . 7/11/2014
This was amazing! You really should look into altering it enough for publication; I, for one, would certainly buy it if it were a book!
Untitled chapter 34 . 6/12/2014
Assuming Alex is Haruka, you changed their gender, which is erasure of a character's sexuality. Not okay.
2,217 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »