Reviews for Desiring Other Times
OnyxMuseNekoettaBerlitz chapter 2 . 6/3
I LOVE THE SPIN ON TYE MIRROR
MOST PEOPLE JUST PUT A PAINTING THAT ASKS A RIDDLE
(Too lazy to turn Capitals into lowercase letters)
?
Your Australian, that is so COOL! I never see Australian authors on here.
P.S
Your book is amazing
P.P.S
I am also Australian.
I certainly hope you aren't listening to the haters. This is one of the MOST original, creative, and realistic fictions I have read involvine Harry in the Wrong Boy who lived fictions. Seriously, you have talent and you have a unique style of writing. Seeing as this hasn't been update since 2007, I highly doubt you will ever see this review. But I am sincere when I say that this was a most enjoyable read with twists and turn everywhere.

For what it might be worth, I hope you continue to write, maybe not Harry Potter or even fanfiction, but just write. You have good ideas and put in unique ideas. You don't make the main character overly powerful, but you do make them stand out. His family life is believable, especially after the incident during 1st year when Harry lost his magic. Of course his parents would baby him a bit, and Harrys hatred, mostly jealously, is completely reliable and almost like how Petunia was with her attitude towards magic and wizards. I would love to see the two of them interact.

Thank you though, once again. This story gave me hope that maybe, just maybe, there are other good HP fictions out there.
Former fan chapter 14 . 1/2
This was soooo great up until chapter 14, in my own opinion. Harry losing his magic and then having another Harry show up was too much. It's like you took two different plots and tried to fuse them. I tried to hang with the fic but I couldn't. The damage was done.
RedReflection chapter 2 . 10/12/2016
while I love the mirror idea and I actually don't want to change it in canon according to j.k Rowling the ravenclaw common room entrance is actually a enchanted eagle knocker once used it will give you a riddle and to get inside you must sender correctly. the Hufflepuff common room is down in the basement where there are a bunch of stacked barrels to enter you must tap a certain tune on certain barrels
Guest chapter 4 . 8/9/2016
You're a dumbass who is an over sensitive bitch
supgirl chapter 22 . 4/24/2016
It was going so well before you made it all weird and angst-ridden.
Fact person chapter 2 . 1/23/2015
Just so you know,I know it to late now but...
Out side the hufflepuffs common room, you had to knock on a barrel in a painting in the rythm of helga Hufflepuff, and if you go it wrong, vinegar would be dumped on you. It's the only common room that has a defence mechanism.
Alexielios Reading List chapter 7 . 12/11/2014
Harry is a bit ungrateful in my opinion. Jeremy really isn't that bad or that stupid. Ok, his parents might ignore him a bit in favor of jeremy but it is not that terrible. It really does not justify harry's hatred for his brother ! He does seem a bit jealous when he says that.

Despite that, the story is great. Yeah, harry seems a bit too powerful, but your explanation about patronus is fine. Nice to see a story where harry is not abused by his parents.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/30/2014
its in the books that ravenclaws answer questions asked by their door ? or something correctly to gain access to their common in the last book deathly i guess you are trying to make this one different version from the canon version
Guest chapter 14 . 5/10/2014
Okay. I really enjoyed this story up till now but that was really confusing. I mean, you have to make something like that gradual, you can't just randomly place it in there - it has to flow! Other than that I really enjoy this story
inside padme's wardrobe chapter 3 . 2/10/2014
This is one of the few realistic wrongBWL fics I've read. I like that Harry isn't abused or neglected by his parents and that he and Jeremy have a relationship of some sort rather than pure hatred between the two. Can't wait to continue this!
fangirl3000 chapter 5 . 2/1/2014
Why are you going to make him fall? He wasn't ever too powerful.
RisaAlait chapter 14 . 12/6/2013
This chapter ruined the fic for me. The extra Harry was odd enough but not a fan of this chapter at all. The fic is good though.
Angelia White chapter 4 . 8/15/2013
"1. Fainting – people faint backwards, not forwards. I'm using the movie here, as the book doesn't talk about which way Quirrell faints." People also/more often faint sideways as well and you can faint forwards if you have something heavy on your back or in the case of the magical world, stunned from behind.

"7. Silent and Wandless magic – Silent magic is taught in Book 5. Wandless magic is hardly mentioned at all. Ergo, silent is easier to learn than wandless." Silent magic is taught in Book Six not Five as Snape is the Defense teacher.

Not major issues however I did feel I should point them out or they would bug me until something else comes along.

All in all a good story and you have definitely thought things through. )