Reviews for Into the Blue
McNuffin chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
Awesome story! My two favourite fandoms rolled into one! I've often wondered about writing a PotC/Firefly cross-over. There do seem to be a lot of similarities between the characters. Great job! So glad to have stumbled across this. :-)
Hellerina chapter 5 . 1/19/2009
I absolutely adore this story, a fic like this really shouldn't make sense, and yet, somehow it does! I love just how well the characters mix together, especially Mal and Jack, I never really thought about how similar they are.

I could go on and on about what was great about this fic, but I'd be here ages! In a nutshell, 'twas awesome :) X.
penny4him chapter 5 . 1/6/2009
Hey, I really enjoyed this story; you kept everyone in character throughout, and did a great job writing how how they all talk, etc. Great story.
SweetJorja chapter 5 . 10/3/2007
I found this story through DeviantART and I got curious on how you got it to work. I think it's brilliant! I have to show my fellow Browncoats this one. Stay shiny and keep flyin'!
KelinciHutan chapter 5 . 7/25/2007
I really enjoyed this story. It's got great characterization, and it's just a fun read. I could picture everyone very clearly, too. Great job.
CaptainTish chapter 5 . 11/12/2006
Oh, I'm sorry this is over. You really captured the voices of Mal and the crew so perfectly. Plus I just love the idea of putting River and Jack together and seeing what happens.

Good job! Keep flyin!
Ogreatrandom chapter 5 . 11/5/2006
This story was really good and I am sad to see it end. You were really good at writing the two together, and I didn't think that could be done. Awesome job!
CaptainTish chapter 4 . 9/29/2006
Shiny. I liked Jack's response to flying in space. Liked your use of the word "shindig" too.

I saw Serenity this week. I liked the show better, but it definitely answered some questions, wrapping up the whole River - Operatives - Reavers - etc. storylines.

But poor Wash! There was no need for that.

Anyway, great chapter! Hurry up and post another one!
Ogreatrandom chapter 4 . 9/24/2006
You do a good job with the characters. Is this story ending pretty soon? I hope not...
CaptainTish chapter 3 . 9/20/2006
Ooh, I liked this chapter. Wash! River! The whole gang is here!

Once again your characterizations were perfect. - "S'alright, cap'n, I ain't goin' to run away to sea. Couldn't leave Serenity."

"And I'd not force her," Sparrow put in, appearing behind them. "Though if she asked …"

River's description of Jack is perfect - "Head full of water," she remarked. "Can't leave the ocean."

Sounds just like her.

One thing I'm wondering is why isn't Jack a little more curious about these strangers coming from their weird ship, wear strange clothes, and most likely periodically curse in Chinese?

Great chapter. Hurry up and update!
dragon chapter 3 . 9/16/2006
yes. love the "head full of water" remark. that's so neat.
Neoinean chapter 3 . 9/15/2006
Looks like the gang's all here. Well mostly. For some reason Jack and River getting along doesn't surprise me in the least. Simon's impression of the pirates should prove amusing, not to mention River's. I look forward to it.
Ogreatrandom chapter 3 . 9/15/2006
Glad to see Book, River, Simon, Wash, and Inara. I have to admit that I missed them. This was a great chapter and I can't wait for more!
CaptainTish chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
Wow, totally shiny! This fic couldn't come at a better time - I just finished watching the first (and only) season of Firefly. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I know what happens. Does your story take place before or after Serenity? I must say I'm a bit disappointed that the rest of the crew is missing, although that might make things a bit crowded. But I'd love to see Jack and River meet. that would be entertaining.

You've written Mal and the other Firefly people spot-on. I know you're good at writing Jack too, as I've read your other Jack's life history stories (which were excellent by the way, I think I reviewed them) but I'm having trouble hearing Jack in my head when I read his dialogue. I hear his accent sounding more Fireflyish than Piratey. Maybe that's just me though.

Do continue with this soon! You're doing great!
Neoinean chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
While this is still very good and I'm thoroughly enjoying every word, I do rather wish you'd flesh things out a bit more, let us really see some character interactions and such. I'm still lovin' it though!