Reviews for Empire's End
ArcaneMaverick chapter 10 . 7/29
Cliche, and fight scenes were pretty pants, but I've accepted it because it's not why the story is good. But I am woefully disappointed at Fayt's "display" of Destruction. Incredibly lame in comparison to Maria's.

The first 2/3s of this were good, but the finale was lacking in real content details (Super ships destroyed so easily? Schilling's silly red power up?) I don't know. It didn't feel as cohesive to what you built up before.

Maybe because I've never played SO2, I'm missing some references.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 9 . 7/29
Storytelling is an odd thing. How old is this story again? Should I bother writing anything at all? I wonder what you're doing, if you at all revisit this old place. An intricate sort of connection writing forges huh. Breaks timely boundaries it does.

I miss Star Ocean because of stuff like this. Pity I'm never around when it's relevant.

This story was decent. See ya around.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 4 . 11/23/2014
This chapter was good. Characters are accurate and your OCs are tolerable too. Wish there was more like this around or that the fandom was bigger/active.
RandowReview chapter 11 . 5/8/2010
I gotta say...that was a wonderfully written story that had everything you could really ask for in the genre. Your sci-fi descriptions were top notch; hell I fancied myself to be actually reading the SO3 dictionary as I read through your story. The drama was also rather acceptable, but I would have preferred more romance and a hint of more fluff. The story as a whole had its kinks here and there in the grammar department, but nothing detrimental to the point of downplaying the core of the story. Characterizations were rather top notch and spot on! I have to say I have little to complain about other than the severe lack of Fayt/Maria fluff. While I know that wasn't really the focal point of the story, it would have been nice to see some more fluffiness during the epilogue. But other than that...kudos for a story well done! A real damn crying shame you never got the reviews you deserved, but I suppose the community really prefers romance-heavy story over tales such as this?
xmiyaka8x chapter 11 . 6/17/2009
this is the best so3 fanfic i've read so far.

loved it!

great work! )
Sankontessou chapter 11 . 6/25/2008
Man do you know how to write! I can't contain my excitement when I say your fic was completely EPIC! You perfectly did a sweet romance, politics, ship battles, and a good ol' brawl. Once I started chapter 1, I just couldn't stop; thus a couple of hours were sacrificed to finish this excellent story in one go.

I commend you for writing such an awesome fic with fayt/maria, keeping the characters in-character. There should be more SO3 fics like yours. Now I could go on all day and probably hundreds of words later about how I loved your fic, but I'll spare you and stop now lol.
harman91 chapter 11 . 4/4/2008
Wow! I've just finished reading your fic and the only word to describe it is amazing. The plot and the climax were great and exciting.

chapter 7- crisis of choice was my favourite chapter of all. I loved the way you separated Fayt and Maria to fight different battles and the scene where they kissed was very romantic and cute. Keep up the good work!
CWolf2 chapter 11 . 6/15/2007
I loved it! Such a wonderful story from start to end. Bravo!
CWolf2 chapter 9 . 6/14/2007
The story is just so gripping. I have to read it at every spare moment, and this is one of the best characterizations of the Ocean Star 3 cast I've seen yet!
CWolf2 chapter 5 . 6/14/2007
I love the plot to this! It's very clever. Nice job!
CWolf2 chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
What a wonderful and intersting way to set up the plot. You're writing ability is something I envy. Nice work!
InnerFire chapter 11 . 5/20/2007
Cool. Well done. I like your use of so many different characters, space battles were good, (the anti-matter thing was AWESOME), and good politics and intriuge, although it might be slightly more suspenseful if the reader didn't know what was going on the entire time politics-wise. Still, it flowed nicely, and was a good read. If I had to find something wrong, I'd say pay more attention to typos, and throw in some more description. Other than that, good story!
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 11 . 5/3/2007
Cute ending to a story that long needed to be finished, good job! This story was great, and I salute you for your great work! YAY!

Nice fight in the last chapter, one could feel the desperation in both warriors.

Excellent work!
Still Stream chapter 10 . 4/28/2007
Oh, you updated again.

This chapter was just as great as the rest. I really like the way you included elements from the game as well as tied things with past Star Ocean titles.

I look forward to the epilogue.

This is definitely one of my favorite SO3 fics! :D
A Flying Ox chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
This is one of the few Star Ocean fics that have really kept me interested. There aren't too many Fayt/Maria fics out there, and this is one of the best out there. I also like how you make good use of so many characters (including original chars), rather than just focusing on the main ones.

Hope you finish this soon! Keep up the good work!