Reviews for One Who Watches Over The Planet
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Wonderful
See No Dum-Dums chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
Too true. It was Aeris who really got closest to Red XI... no, Nanaki. It would of course be natural for the latter to respect her. In a formalistic approach, I would commend your work. The images you invoke - Hojo's lab, the Forgotten City - are almost tangible. And your simile with regards to memory and a pool of water is so original yet so effective.

But even more commendable are the emotions you portray. There is a sense of quiet in the monologue: a quiet respect, not overly brimming with emotions, and yet not lacking of it. Too intense, and it would have seemed to be overdone angsting. Too stoic and it would have seemed like an automation was speaking. You have captured the art of portraying insights.

Well, your skill forced my most "professional" review yet; I am hard-pressed to match your talent with adequate praise. Kudos!
kris brian munday chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
beautifully written! i love the almost poetic approach to the way the words have been arranged. i love Nanaki! its almost like a perfect description of how i also imagined his character may have felt and of course the games story line is so brilliant that i found it hard not to wonder such things. (i felt sad when i completed the game because i didnt want it to end)

great story from you!

im going to read some more stories 8D
Helwi chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
wow...

Somehow, I was reminded about how Red was talking about Aeris when she was gone. That she used to pat him on his nose and all...

I used to team with those two a lot in the game...

Great story!
Fl4mingTurd chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Beautiful. I really can't think of any other way to put it.

Lates.
invisiblesplotch chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
This is an incredibly beautiful piece of fanfiction, your writing is wonderful, simple and yet poetic, and you have captured Red's personality perfectly, and i love how you put in all the little moments of interaction between Red and Aeris in the game, and give each of Red's memories added significance. One thing that i've always loved about FF7 is the tight relationships between the characters, and you've captured the relationship between Red and Aeris beautifully, an aspect of FF7 that has been mostly overlooked in other fanfics. Thank you for this great story. Keep on writing!
Okami No Yume chapter 1 . 4/18/2007
Oh wow, this was simply an...amazing fic. I'm afraid that I don't quite have the words to describe the beauty of this piece, and how wonderfully written it was.

I dunno if I've reviewed any of your works previously, but your name is familiar to me.

You're very gifted Pied Flycatcher. I'm going to add this one to favorites, definitely!

Excellent, excellent work. I applaud you. One of the best I've read in this category, and that's saying a lot. VERY well written.

This is a great addition to the all too small collection of RedXI fics out there, and that's a shame, because he's one of my favorites, and is sadly rather underappreciated.

Once again, well done. :)
Lady Valtaya chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
It is a shame that this story only got two reviews, because I have always liked it. I like the way that you write what this character is thinking.

He has a lot of thoughts but he is usually quiet and polite, just as he says to prove that he is not a mindless animal.

He expresses his thoughts with rather short, concise sentences that show not only how smart he is, becasue he doesn't mince words or need a lot of flowery imagery to embellish what he sees and thinks and smells...

He tends to accept things as they are and he seems to revel in the beauty of the forest without making any effort at all to disturb this sacred place...

As always, your grasp of this character seems excellent to me. Keep up the fine work.
sexion chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
Well, this piece is cute. I really love both characters in this, Red and Aeris are my two favourites in the game, so naturally, I would like this piece anyway. But it shows that you put alot of thought into this, with all the examples and the wording is very effective, too; it's a great portrayal of their friendship. A touching piece, and I love it.
arcanioque chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
'Even after she is gone, she is the glue that holds us together' - I thought it was really sweet, and awfully true for Red XI to think like this. Having just completed ffvii again, watching the final scene where everyone were talking about Aeris like she was still with them, it saddens and touches me. I love your piece: it focuses alot more on Red XI who much happens to be my favorite fighter, and his relationship with Aeris somewhat always intrigued me. One word? Aw.