Reviews for Firefly In Ice
ashethehedgehog chapter 13 . 1/7
Hello! I'm back ahaha.
So I did end up drawing some fanart for Firefly in Ice! It's up on my tumblr I'll try and put the link in here.
So if you go to my tumble page (ashethehedgehog) and type into the search bar along the left hand side Firefly in Ice, it should be the only thing to show up and easy to find! Alternatively, I tried to put the link below lets see if it works this time, ff links always give me trouble ahaha.
.com (forward slash) post (forward slash) 155545930031

Thanks again for writing such a great fic, I'm so totally pumped and inspired from reading it ahhh I hope somehow you'll see the fanart and like it! Take care!
-Ashe
ashethehedgehog chapter 13 . 1/4
Wow. Just, WOW. I want to say I'm speechless from reading this fic, but to be honest I'm the exact opposite; I just can't find the words to express just how MUCH I enjoyed this fic. I LOVE IT. love love loveeeeeeee.
From the beginning you had me hooked, and hooked real bad. Every moment was beautiful to read, your writing is like liquid chocolate, it flows so well and leaves me craving moreeeee. The fantastic detail in every moment was just perfect. You have a really nice grasp on the fantasy genre and I love it sooo much!
Where do I even begin with Yugi and Yami? Yami is written so well, his motivations and character are presented in such a way that I just want to know everything happening with this guy! Case in point- bath house scene, just having a bath and I'm sitting here consuming it like there's no tomorrow. He could be just walking around the palace and I'd still be completely in love with his character and read chapters about just that ahaha.
Yugi is, wow, Yugi is just mmmmm perfect. I love everything about him! The way he acts and thinks about everything is just so satisfying to read. And I really love the way he's the older and more sassy of the two. All those demon powers, and the way he uses and learns about them all feel so natural it's brilliant.
And this mysterious bond between him and Atem! And the link between Atem and Yami, ahhhh so many questions thereeeee. The flashbacks to the past are so interesting, and I'm so enamoured with their link to the future, and the connection between what happened then and JUST WHO THE HECKIE ATEM AND YAMI ARE AHHHHH.
The progression of the story feels so nice too! Nothing feels like it was focused on for too short or too long of a time; it all flows so smoothly and flawlessly that I was burning the midnight oil reading it, constantly thinking 'I just HAVE to know what happens next!'
That last chapter absolutely killed me inside. Just came in and fucked me up majorly. Their first real interaction and NRGGGGG it was so good, so perfect and bloody fantastic! The dialogue is drop dead perfect. What a time to pause it too! Ahhhh, I have so many questions and theories about the future of the plot it's just boiling over and I'm sitting here screaming into my laptop instead ahaha.
Your writing is just so fantastic! It's so smooth and flowy and just plain beautiful to read; a level I aspire to achieve myself one day. If you ever considered writing novels of original content, I would no hesitate to get my hands on them; I could read your writing for days on end.
I'm sure you've gotten this before, and indeed you might not even use FF anymore, seeing as how it seems your last profile update was 2011, quite a while ago, but if you ever considered coming back to this story, it would be the most gosh darn amazing thing ever.
I'm a writing myself, so I understand what it can be like to lose inspiration for a piece of work, and I certainly wouldn't blame you if you didn't have the inspiration for this fic anymore, or if your current life keeps you totally busy from writing fiction. But I just wanted to let you know that if you ever did come back, I would be waiting here eagerly awaiting your return :D
Also, I've been totally inspired by this epic story, and I'm going to draw fanart for it. Unfortunately I don't actually maintain an FF account, but I am over on Tumblr with the same username (ashethehedgehog, also my gmail if e-mail is more your thing) so if you have a tumblr feel free to hit me up over there and I can link you things I draw easier :D I don't know when I'll get to doing it, I tend to draw art for a lot of puzzlefics I read, but I'm so gosh darn inspired and in LOVE with this fic that I have a few scenes in mind that I've love to illustrate. I'll shoot another review here on the fic when I'm done; hopefully one day you might come back to FF and see it there, if you don't have other means of contact.
Thank you so much for writing this amazing fic! I know there's a strong chance that it's discontinued, but still, I may cling stubbornly to my shining hope that I might see more of these two one day in the future, but even if I don't, I understand of course, and I'm so glad I found it and read it! I'm so inspired and pumped from reading it! Thank you so much, and wherever you may be right now, I hope life is treating you well! :D Stay awesome!
-Ashe
Guest chapter 13 . 12/1/2012
Updated Updated Updated Updated
naomi chapter 13 . 8/14/2012
COOOOOL
TexasDreamer01 chapter 13 . 7/28/2012
Hmmmm... are the italics their "past" life (or at least, past for Yami)?

I wonder if Yuugi's going to just dump Yami at the edge of the field where he found him once he falls asleep after sufficiently healing. Hopefully the city's not half-way through giving him a memorial by the time he gets back.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 4 . 7/28/2012
Huzzah, I was right! Yugi's freaking awesome, by the way. :D
TexasDreamer01 chapter 2 . 7/28/2012
Okay, maybe the next chapter...
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Fantastic first chapter. It could use some minor edits for homonyms and commas, but it really drew me in.

Well, since there's already more chapters, I suppose I'll be proven right or wrong as soon as I'm done writing this review. The person is Yugi? (Because no one ever suspects him when Yami's around.)
PhantomBrat chapter 13 . 7/11/2011
Too bad that this hasn't been updated for a while, it really is such a good fiction... I hope that you find the will and inspiration to continue this...

PhantomBrat
SilentShadows101 chapter 13 . 12/9/2010
oh i really luv where this is going!

please update it!

I know you haven't in a while but please :)
SilentShadows101 chapter 4 . 12/9/2010
oh that explains a lot! ;)
SilentShadows101 chapter 3 . 12/9/2010
So it wasn't yami in the first chapters? ...was it yugi? ...was it Atem? Wait didn't they have white skin? Someone else then? Oh so confused in a good way
SilentShadows101 chapter 2 . 12/8/2010
nice chapter. I like how Yami is descovering himself and its not all good stuff. Very interesting :)
YukinoKara chapter 13 . 9/27/2010
I really like this story so far!

Yuugi and Yami's characters are hilarious. I like that Yuugi isn't very innocent and that Yami's a self-absorbed brat- they're both fun to read about.

I think that you've written this quite well. The world they live in is easy to picture, and I like that you don't rush things.

I hope that you'll continue with this story. :)

Good luck with the next chapter, and I look forward to it!

~YukinoKara
Lolchen chapter 13 . 5/12/2009
Nice fic, wonder how Yuugi ended up imprisoned and what happened to the other demons (especially Ryou and Bakura!) And how come Atemu and Yami are quite... alike? *winks* Well, I'm sorry it's on hiatus, but if you ever find the inspiration to continue this, I'm happy to continue reading it After all, Yami has still to discover Yuugi's true form, the elves have an elusive demon to hunt and Millenium Items have to be found! And what's got Pegasus to do with it all? Ally or foe... hmm... This story got quite the potential :D

lg