Reviews for The Black Mesa Incident
Eli chapter 1 . 11/15
Pretty good
StormRaven333 chapter 38 . 10/17
The G man always did freak me out with the way he talked.
Amazing novelisation of the game. I absolutely loved it. Maybe I can find ur take on Half Life 2 around here somewhere. I did love Ravenholme and Waterhazard. They were fun!
10/10
StormRaven333 chapter 26 . 10/10
I can definately see you had fun writing this chapter! That was an epic run!
StormRaven333 chapter 21 . 10/6
I've been reading with relish! Shepard is bad ass! Lol
StormRaven333 chapter 17 . 10/4
I have to drop a review at some point...

I felt like I struck a gold mine. Where have I been that I didn't notice this gem of a fic sooner?! ...lol
Anyways...absolutely L.O.V.E. how you pulled this off. One wouldn't even need to play the game trilogy to follow, and, you wrote it in a way that gives the gamers a sense of nostalgia as well! I didn't even mind the tucks and tweaks here and there, that just made it better! I'd nominate this for the movie script, that's for sure!
Oh yes, you never know when you'll need a crowbar! I grinned at that! XD
10/10 Marc Laidlaw would approve
speedrun strats
sv_cheats 1
noclip
Dr Kleiner called it an attitude problem
Gordon called it "the experience that is being Barney Calhoun"
Barney called it speaking his mind
so many names, and they're all right
i am re-reading this while listening the Black Mesa soundtrack, fits like a glove. At least, the glove parts do
Nogoodnms chapter 14 . 10/30/2016
Christ. It's fucked up that this chapter was published when Episode 2 was a new thing and we still haven't seen the next entry. Instead we get hats. Goddamn it.
Stan Darsh chapter 33 . 10/22/2016
I think this your version of Shepard is quite endearing and understandingly pragmatic. His entire way of life is turned around and he's handling it the only way he knows how; by trusting in his training. You continue to impress and enthrall!
Stan Darsh chapter 26 . 10/14/2016
My jaw is thoroughly on the floor after reading this chapter. Well done sir! Your edits continue to impress, and after some thought I'd probably go the same route you did. Thank you once again for this awe-inspiring adaptation!
Stan Darsh chapter 22 . 10/13/2016
Wow, this has been here for over ten years!? As strange as it is to admit, this is the first time I've read fan fiction. I've reached out to Gabe Newell of Valve more than once to approve an official HL novel, but I'm sure it's not surprising that I haven't received a response from him or Valve. Either way, I'm grateful that there is some quality writing out there about this incredible storyline, so thank you for taking what must've been months to create this!

I was going to save this till the end, which I suspect many people did since I have yet to see any reviews, but so far this has been brilliant! Truly riveting and realistic to the storyline. Your edits have been logical and characterizations entertaining, to say the least.

Having said that, I have one question for you that relates directly to chapter 22: seeing the obvious advantages of using the 'hornet gun' why wouldn't Gordon opt to keep it in lieu of conventional weapons? You even point out his scientific interest in the thing, but he's still quick to discard it. Perhaps it's because I find the hornet gun the most useful weapon in all of HL, so it's treatment here was a bit surprising. Thanks again for this wonderful writing!
EricLightscythe chapter 38 . 7/8/2016
Really enjoyed reading! Never felt bored for even a second. I like how you've interlaced the three viewpoints. Action was intense. Loved it!