Reviews for The Black Mesa Incident
Michel Aoun chapter 1 . 4/9
Nice story , You can make about Half-Life oppsosing force too ..
thrawn92 chapter 38 . 3/13
Excellent job, man. This was an enjoyable read, and definitely answered some questions I had about the world of Half-Life.
thrawn92 chapter 34 . 3/13
Couldn't help but laugh at the "Bad guys don't knock" bit. Nice touch
thrawn92 chapter 30 . 3/12
Those organic weapons kinda remind me of what the Yuuzhan Vong from Star Wars: The New Jedi Order would use.
thrawn92 chapter 28 . 3/12
Just finished watching Half-Life Episode 2, and I think your portrayal of Magnusson is spot-on. I also love how Shepard just takes it in stride.
thrawn92 chapter 16 . 3/10
So far, this story is fantastic. Gordon's behavior is very believable, and I love how you add in the G-man cameos. I never knew he was in the game that much. That guy ain't human.
thrawn92 chapter 1 . 3/8
Some of my favorite stories on this site are novelizations of video games, and it looks like this one is gonna be great. I just hope that Aperture Laboratories is given its due, since both Half-Life and Portal are in the same universe.
Jack The Immortal chapter 2 . 12/29/2014
'm really liking this fic so far. So far I haven't quite beaten Half-Life 1 yet, but so far it seems completely accurate to the game. Are you going to do novelizations for Portal and Portal 2?
Hastenus chapter 38 . 12/4/2014
Wonderful. Just...wonderful.
shroobot3000 chapter 38 . 9/22/2014
Simply put this is the best Half life fanfic I've read. Engaging, sometimes heartwrenching, it made stick to the end and gotta say it's probably better, to me at least, than the original story. I recommend listening to the Black Mesa mod track while reading. 10/10
awesomesauce4 chapter 16 . 9/21/2014
It's possible to swim with glasses, but it's pretty uncomfortable. They do stay on, however, if that was what you're asking.
ramasioti100 chapter 38 . 8/6/2014
This story is so awesome!
oursolemnhour49 chapter 38 . 5/19/2014
I just spent far too much of my evening reading this, but it was worth every word, especially towards the end. Your writing was solid from the get-go but the improvement over the course of the story was really really amazing. I teared up a couple times, especially with Shepherd's ending. The poor guy has such a raw deal to begin with, and I think you did an amazing job with him in particular- he really grew and changed over the course of the story and it was wonderful to read.

One thing I really appreciated was the little subtle differences in the tone and diction of Gordon and Shepherd's chapters- you gave them these little quirks and thoughts that really set them apart and contrasted their outlook on both Black Mesa and the invasion as well as the disillusionment they go through- Gordon realizing he's a pawn and Shepherd realizing that the thing he's dedicated his life to has completely betrayed them.

Wonderful job on this, and I'll definitely be checking out your other novelizations. Thanks for the great read!
Rainy Meadows chapter 36 . 1/3/2014
Poor Shephard...
Rainy Meadows chapter 31 . 1/3/2014
what

WHAT

You mean I've been going the long way the whole time and all I had to do was shoot the son of a bitch with the Displacer?

Dammit.