Reviews for Stay
fran4essca chapter 5 . 8/17/2014
Can't stop smiling after reading the story. Real pleasure)
faultytardis135 chapter 5 . 4/21/2014
This was beautiful! I teared up :-)
junerains chapter 3 . 8/7/2013
So beautifully written ! You are truely gifted-I felt this story. I loved loved loved these two people! I am so amazed at your ability to convey such depth and emotion. Best House/Cameron story ever.
GregoryHouseAddict chapter 5 . 5/9/2011
Loved the story. Short but sweet.
linelm chapter 5 . 9/27/2010
Really great story! Very well written!
da3lech chapter 5 . 9/13/2009
I don't know why I haven't commented on this tale before, but this is really one of the best H/C fics I have ever come across...Warms the cockles of one's heart!
TrapperII chapter 4 . 5/8/2009
This was a beautifully written chapter. House's reaction to her announcement that she thought she was pregnant was spot on, especially considering the fears he'd been having. The scene in the clinic was especially well done. I'm glad she wanted House there to see the results with her. House's apologies in this chapter (the insincere and sincere ones) were also perfectly done. I liked the 'progression' of the apologies.

Fave line (OK, more like fave paragraph):

Apparently Cameron felt the same way because when you looked at her, you saw her stoic façade slowly crumbling and a muffled sort of sob pushed its way out of her chest. She quickly covered her mouth with one hand and tried to wipe away her tears with the other. For once, your instincts didn’t tend towards sarcasm or pretended indifference. You rushed forward and pulled her into your arms. Your cane was going to leave a bruise on her lower back but you didn’t think she’d mind.
TrapperII chapter 5 . 11/9/2008
Oh my goodness! Those last two chapters were beautifully done! I thought their attitudes/reactions to the pregnancy issue were very in-character. You never push the characters farther than they realistically would seem to go, and that works very well in terms of making the portrayal believable. I loved his proposal at the end.
TrapperII chapter 3 . 11/9/2008
That is an incredible portrayal of House's dad's funeral and everything surrounding it. As much as I loved the recent episode about that, I wish it could have happened this way instead!
TrapperII chapter 2 . 11/9/2008
Loved this chapter too. A perfect scenario for a fight and a perfect make-up conversation too. I imagine things progressed past the conversation stage after she arrived at his apartment ...
TrapperII chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Great chapter! You captured the tension between them very well. I'm looking forward to the rest.
KittyX1981 chapter 5 . 8/6/2008
the best!
Katherine Sheppard chapter 3 . 3/22/2008
This was the first story I've read on this site and I loved it! Nice job!
blueheronz chapter 2 . 1/29/2008
I love the reverse tension in this chapter, that Cameron is the one holding back (and with good reason). This is what should happen in canon given the advice House and Cameron received skewered their date in S1.

These parts I loved, although there were more...

You hadn’t wanted to admit for even a nanosecond that maybe if you’d shown the slightest bit of concern, maybe offered to take her out for a drink yourself, or hell, just refrained from being a complete asshole, then maybe she wouldn’t have felt the need to spread her wings and fly the chemically induced skyways.

You might as well have been taking sailing advice from Captain Ahab.

You could have counted the knuckles if you'd wanted to.
blueheronz chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Your stuff is amazing. Reading this is a treat for me for finishing a chapter of my own FF. What a real pleasure to find, once again, such high quality writing and characterizations so accurate between the two of them. Plus, you had the nerve to choose a PoV that seldom is successfully rendered but here shines like the sun.

The kiss was believable and hot, and I liked the sense of the two of them exploring each other. I like too how you made an effort to make it a kiss that wasn't so unbelievable (it's not, as you write, a soap opera kiss or a movie kiss) that it didn't seem real. It did ring true.

Here are my favorite parts:

You were still feeling old, but Mick Jagger could always be counted on to put things in perspective and you liked the fact that he was older than you and still a chick magnet. It made you feel better about yourself to know that at least your face didn’t look like a bobble-head doll that had been left near an open fire.

You tug on the wire running from your ears and the Rolling Stones tumbled into your lap, a classic guitar riff whispering into the air.

You'd meet her halfway.