Reviews for Fighting Chaos
Cutter12 chapter 15 . 5/5/2012
Whoa - You miss one story of whumping and now everybody is in your crosshairs.

The ending was indeed a shocker. I'm so glad that there is a part two because no way in Hades could you leave a story like this. :D
epalladino chapter 15 . 6/18/2009
Very sad, but so plausible. Thanks, Beth
zookitty chapter 2 . 1/8/2009
Poor Charlie! aw
zookitty chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
aw so sad! Poor Charlie! Imagining Don's reaction to hearing the DOA professor was heart wrenching. Oh gosh I love protective Don stories!

Whumped Charlie, smothering Don rules!

-Chris
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 15 . 8/10/2008
Alan is dead? No. No. No. He is not. Not. Not.

I prefer to go with what Don thinks.

The nurse is just wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Anyway, the story was utterly fantastic!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 14 . 8/10/2008
Fantastic chapter!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 13 . 8/9/2008
“Larry has pneumonia and has been here since yesterday morning. I’m here. Dad’s here. You saw Colby get shot and you broke your wrist. Does that cover it?”

Charlie started to nod, then stopped himself. “Yes. No. Wait. I also threw up all over your old bathroom when I found the room empty and thought you had died.”

He’d been trying to make a joke, but Don’s eyes went tender and he rubbed Charlie’s fingers. “You okay, Buddy? How have you been coping with this all day?”

At his brother's gentle tone Charlie felt himself swing toward the edge again. He also felt eyes boring into his back, and he turned his head to meet Colby’s gaze. Colby was smiling at him, and Charlie reeled himself back in by the time he rotated back to Don. He smiled at his brother, deeply, genuinely. “I’m okay, Donnie. I’m good. All it takes is one foot after the other.”

It's things like the above that make me love Don. I really love Don. lol.

An-Jelly-Ca chapter 12 . 8/9/2008
The next time Charlie woke up, he was looking up at the same ER physician who had admitted Don and Alan the night before. The man stared at him morosely. “You had to do it, didn’t you? You had to find a way to pass out in my ER. Why didn’t you do this upstairs?”

Charlie licked his lips, and tried to corral his thoughts. “I did,” he offered. “An orderly brought me here and left me.”

The doctor frowned. “You’ve lost consciousness twice?”

Charlie tried to sit up. “It’s no big deal,” he said. Hands pushed him down again, and he sighed. “The first time, I- I was shocked, by something.”

The doctor’s frown deepened. “Electrical?”

Charlie shook his head, noting for the first time his mammoth headache. “No. Well, yes. It was a television.”

“You were upstairs trying to fix one of our televisions?”

Charlie suddenly flashed on an English lit class he had taken somewhere along the way, and he thought of Shakespeare. This was turning into a comedy of errors. He tried to explain himself again. “No. I wasn’t working on it, I was watching it.”

The doctor exchanged a glance with someone else in the room, then looked back at Charlie. “Were you watching it in the shower or something? How did it shock you?”

That has to be one of the funniest conversation's I've ever read. I especially liked the bit at the beginning about Charlie having to find a way to pass out in the e.r. Anyway, great chapter! I positively adore this story!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 11 . 8/9/2008
Charlie looked back at Dr. Headson, who raised an eyebrow at him and spoke lowly, trying not to upset Don again. “He woke up in the middle of the MRI, so we brought him back. Opened the door, and you were on the floor unconscious. Looks like you used your good hand to try and break the fall – it’s not your good hand, anymore. Looks fractured to me. Do you remember what happened?”

I know it shouldn't be funny, but 'it's not your good hand anymore' totally had me crackign up, although that might have something to do with the fact that it's two in the morning. lol.

Anyway, great chapter.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 10 . 8/9/2008
Colby too? Oh. Charlie's really going to lose it now.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 9 . 8/9/2008
She studied his identification too long for Charlie. “Would you like me to sign something?” he asked. “You can bring in a handwriting analyst and compare the signatures.” Colby grinned. “Math fight” Charlie was back. He liked him — he was fun.

I like math fight Charlie too.

Great chapter.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 8 . 8/9/2008
Fantastic, wonderful, amazing chapter!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 7 . 8/9/2008
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 6 . 8/9/2008
“I would consider it a personal favor it you went home,” he said. “Otherwise, from the looks of it, I’ll have to explain to my superiors how two Eppes ended up unconscious in my waiting room in two separate incidents during the same shift.” The doctor never knew it, but his next words were the magic ones that sent Charlie home. “I really think you’ve done enough for one night.”

Charlie shuddered.

Megan was wrong.

Even the doctor could see the pattern.

Poor Charlie.

Fantastic chapter!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 5 . 8/9/2008
The ghost of a smile hinted at Charlie’s mouth, and he almost did feel better, for a moment. He almost let himself feel something akin to relief. He almost let himself believe that the doctors were taking care of Don, and would take care of his father.

He almost believed it, until Alan stood up to follow the doctor, and dropped in an unconscious heap at Charlie’s feet.

Between Alan and Don Charlie is going to end up having a nervous breakdown.