Reviews for Memento Vivere
dreamsofthings chapter 27 . 5/20/2011
You write well. You write well-written Final Fantasy X fanfiction. You write well-written Final Fantasy X fanfiction featuring a pairing I like quite a lot. That's funny. And suspenseful. And true to the original game.

I kind of love you ridiculously, even if future chapters look unlikely. So much love.
Anzer'ke chapter 27 . 4/4/2011
Wow, took me ages to get round to reviewing this one. Just as buttkickingly awesome as the others if a little depressing in it's finish. I really look forward to finding out where things go from here though.

Your characterization is as ever heart achingly good also.

Peace out and Rock on,

Anzer'ke.

P.S. Did you know that in her dark knight dresspere Rikku uses Auron's Celestial Weapon (the Murasmune), just found this out. Interesting eh.
meva desa chapter 27 . 3/23/2011
Hey, this is one of the best written, most detailed and realistic fics around! One of my favorites actually, so I really hope you'll continue it : ) This story is definately something to be proud of.
anon chapter 27 . 2/14/2011
This is the first FFX fanfiction I've read since I was about twelve. I've gotten very picky over the last six years so I'd consider myself story snob. This story of yours, however, is beyond a dream. The fantastic characterization buffets me so hard and I relish in the glee that it brings! Now that I've hit up the last chapter, I don't think I can bring myself to read anything else that could be categorized as Aurikku. I wish you the best and hope you come back one day.
waterpeach4 chapter 27 . 2/5/2011
Uhh...wow? Haha, I'm not sure what to say. While I was reading through all this for the first time, I could think of all kinds of things to comment on, yet my mind's sorta blank now. Well, I'll start off saying that I really like Auron/Rikku paired together. Age issues don't really bother me. So although it did make me a pinch sad that this centered around the young Auron, that feeling flew out the window a couple chapters in. Of course, just as Rikku comes to realize, both Aurons are still the same person. Oh, and I love reading how she gains new perspectives on events and people (her first meeting with Auron, what Jecht is really like).

What's so great about this story is that it's not only romance, it's friendship, adventure, and mystery. It's so interesting to see what information Rikku gives out, accidentally or not, and how she compares things to her own time. It's also pulls at my heart when she lapses and forgets who she is with (accidentally talking about Tidus to Jecht).

And I absolutely love this shroud of mystery on how 'Rikku's story' will all turn out. Was this meant to happen? How much does she really affect the three men's pilgrimage? Is this only a dream? Or does Rikku truly change things (for example, Auron's habits during the game)? Better yet, is there any possibility that Auron remembers her in the game, and has some reason for not mentioning anything? So intense!

So yeah. As you can see, I came up with some stuff to actually talk about. I would love to read more, but I noticed you haven't updated since 2009. I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much for an update any time soon, as I understand real-life tends to happen...a lot. Haha, I'm not even sure if that sentence made sense. Anyway, I sincerely hope that you find inspiration and time to continue writing this story one day. Like I said before, I won't get my hopes up too much, but that doesn't mean I've given up. ;) I've known some of authors who have come back after years of hiatus. So that means there's always a chance for future chapters, which I'm sure many other people are and will continue to wait for like myself. Take a care!
Rei chapter 27 . 1/26/2011
This is a fabulous story, so much that I've checked on it fairly often for about a year and a half, hoping for an update.

...Is it officially abandoned?
Tatjana chapter 27 . 12/29/2010
Hey! You there, author! :D

Oh, why the hell isn't it already done?

I just looooooooove love love your story!

Nothing to complain about, I can imagine this as a new game of Final Fantasy, maybe X-3...

I hope you don't forget about this! I really would love to read your story until the end.

Moah, it took me three days to read all this, but I still can't get enough!

Finally they got each other *-* But I think, there will be a big BUT.

Please, please, please write more of it!

I couldn't live without it any more.

And Auron... "Oh, how much you DO want her." :)
Tamuril Telrunye chapter 27 . 12/3/2010
God this is soooo awsome, wonderfully detailed, and very strict to the games lore. I love it.
Rath101 chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
Hi!

I just wanted to say i absolutly LOVE this story! I noticed that it hasn't been updated in awhile (A year actually) and i was wondering whether or not it had been discontinued. Please get back to me :D

Have A Good One!

XoXoXoXoXo
OoHSiLLyME chapter 27 . 10/19/2010
More More Moreeeeee
DM-sama chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
! *Gets on knees and worships* SO AMAZINGLY EPIC I THINK I MIGHT DDIIEEE! *Asplodes*
Tifa Strifeheart chapter 27 . 8/19/2010
Aww this story is so awesome! I'm having such a great time with it. I've spent every waking moment reading this and now its done. but not over... whhhyyyyyy. Sigh. I hope one day you will come back to it.
Pen Against Sword chapter 27 . 8/1/2010
I've had to reread this entire story recently for The Genesis Awards, and I can't say I've been disappointed. I know I've probably said all these things in previous reviews, but I feel the need to rehash my love for "Memento Vivere."

It's struck me all over again how well you characterize Auron and even such an in-game nonentity as Braska. The scene where Braska wears the Alchemist dress-sphere is so sexy and awesome, and when Auron admits his feelings for Rikku and says, "Now that we're together," I almost cheered. Your Rikku voice - and even in third-person narrative, she has a voice - is wonderful throughout. You've got it all to a tee.

What I really noticed this time around, though, and came to appreciate quite a bit, was Jecht. Not just your potrayal of him, but also the group dynamic relating to him. There's no romance between him and Yuffie, and I think it's a beautiful thing. Their friendship is such a complex creature - her knowledge of Tidus in the future just confuses the bond, but Jecht remains her friend, and even with his addiction, Rikku manages to stick to him. Braska's belief in him, in particular, is touching. I look forward to seeing how he progresses to such a point that he chooses to become the Final Aeon for Braska and NOT Auron, whom he has been with for so long.

I do dearly hope you finish this fic, Enkida. It really is a gem, and I'd be very disappointed if it just ended. I know how real life can cause delay - even to the point of multiple years of delay, in my own experience - with fanfiction and with pet projects, though, so I'll just be waiting patiently.

(However, I might have to write my own personal account of it if you never finish it. Later, in years gone by, when I'm like 60 and retired and super bored and suddenly I wonder, 'DANG IT, what happens next?' Yeah, I did just use an interrobang. Yeah, I should probably quit while I'm ahead.)

Anyway, thanks for writing - you've put a lot of work into this fic, and it shows. The personal growth of the characters, the style, and the creativity are enchanting. Hope to see more at some point.

Good luck with it!

PAS
a nonymous chapter 27 . 7/13/2010
amazing. melds seamlessly with and stays true to the tone of the original story. love the characterizations and will hate you forever if you stop writing.
Raziel Kouzuki chapter 27 . 5/26/2010
Are you going to continue this story? It is one of my favorites. Even though it would be better if Rikku ended up with Braska. Their personalities go together better. If this story is to be discontinued please tell me.
713 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »