Reviews for Memento Vivere
Pen Against Sword chapter 27 . 8/1/2010
I've had to reread this entire story recently for The Genesis Awards, and I can't say I've been disappointed. I know I've probably said all these things in previous reviews, but I feel the need to rehash my love for "Memento Vivere."

It's struck me all over again how well you characterize Auron and even such an in-game nonentity as Braska. The scene where Braska wears the Alchemist dress-sphere is so sexy and awesome, and when Auron admits his feelings for Rikku and says, "Now that we're together," I almost cheered. Your Rikku voice - and even in third-person narrative, she has a voice - is wonderful throughout. You've got it all to a tee.

What I really noticed this time around, though, and came to appreciate quite a bit, was Jecht. Not just your potrayal of him, but also the group dynamic relating to him. There's no romance between him and Yuffie, and I think it's a beautiful thing. Their friendship is such a complex creature - her knowledge of Tidus in the future just confuses the bond, but Jecht remains her friend, and even with his addiction, Rikku manages to stick to him. Braska's belief in him, in particular, is touching. I look forward to seeing how he progresses to such a point that he chooses to become the Final Aeon for Braska and NOT Auron, whom he has been with for so long.

I do dearly hope you finish this fic, Enkida. It really is a gem, and I'd be very disappointed if it just ended. I know how real life can cause delay - even to the point of multiple years of delay, in my own experience - with fanfiction and with pet projects, though, so I'll just be waiting patiently.

(However, I might have to write my own personal account of it if you never finish it. Later, in years gone by, when I'm like 60 and retired and super bored and suddenly I wonder, 'DANG IT, what happens next?' Yeah, I did just use an interrobang. Yeah, I should probably quit while I'm ahead.)

Anyway, thanks for writing - you've put a lot of work into this fic, and it shows. The personal growth of the characters, the style, and the creativity are enchanting. Hope to see more at some point.

Good luck with it!

PAS
a nonymous chapter 27 . 7/13/2010
amazing. melds seamlessly with and stays true to the tone of the original story. love the characterizations and will hate you forever if you stop writing.
Raziel Kouzuki chapter 27 . 5/26/2010
Are you going to continue this story? It is one of my favorites. Even though it would be better if Rikku ended up with Braska. Their personalities go together better. If this story is to be discontinued please tell me.
Legulysse chapter 27 . 3/21/2010
This story is really well written.

I'm not as good in english as I would like, but I had no problem reading so many chapters. And after each one, I wanted to read the next one with more interest than for the one before !

I discovered this site and your story totally randomly but it's surely one of the few best random discovery I have made and will ever make on the Net.

Characters totally match the originals, world background is perfectly coherent with the game, feelings are realistic... It's a pleasure to read, and a pleasure to see all the characters growing slowly. Rikku is funny and refreshing, Jecht is really fun, Auron and Braska are... hum... Auron and Braska D, and they are perfect as they are. The scene with Jecht dancing with the Ochu is a particular awesome scene !

I really hope you haven't lost interest in writing the following, but even if you have, I thank you for having written those 27 chapters. As I already said, it was a really, real pleasure to read ! Even a 22-years-old-black-metal-listener can enjoy it and be about to read it again and again in a few weeks D

So, a last time, thanks for this good work.
Caroline chapter 27 . 3/11/2010
Hello :) so I found your story about a week ago and started reading it and now that I'm at the latest chapter I'm really hoping a new chapter comes out because this story is brilliantly written and I don't think anyone could of done a better job :) great work and keep it up ill be waiting !
BlackElement7 chapter 27 . 2/26/2010
Guh, the drama's going to make me explode...! Great job so far; keep going!
Cyn3985 chapter 27 . 2/13/2010
Hey Enkida!

This was an awesome chapter - The monkey's that attacked Jecht were funny :D

I really hope you will one day update this, again. (well, once you and your family are all doing better.)I really hope you don't discontinue / cancel this fic (a lot of writers on this site tend to do that a lot.)

I'm sorry to hear about your family's medical problems, btw. My parents have also been going through a lot of medical problems /surgeries and stuff, so I can kind of understand what you're going through.

I hope things will get better for you and your family, soon -
GlassEmotions chapter 27 . 1/24/2010
Umm... So you're gonna update this story soon, right? ;

BECAUSE IT'S AMAZING AND NEEDS TO BE FINISHED.

Seriously! I friggin' LOVE this story! I wish I knew Japanese so I could translate this story and send it into the Final Fantasy makers so they'd make a Final Fantasy X-3! IT'S THAT GOOD.

I love the detail you put into your writing. I mean, including blitzball was one thing, but you also put in SPHERE BREAK? AMAZING. (Even though I hated that game with a firey passion, and wished death upon it many many times.)

And you explained Summoning, and dress spheres so well! I honestly hadn't even thought of it that much. I mean, I obviously thought it was awesome. But I never really thought about the dynamics of them, or even think how dress spheres were made! Maybe I rushed through the game too fast and missed where they explained it, but even if they did, I'm sure you did a much better job! :D

And you say Rikku made a few dress spheres? Awesome. Friggin' awesome.

And I love how you've written all the characters. Jecht, Braska, and Auron? I really can see them acting this way. Especially Jecht.

AND I FRIGGIN' LOVE THE WAY YOU WROTE AURON. When he was admitting to Rikku that he wasn't very good at expressing romantic emotions, it made me so happy because I can totally see that being true and it's a wonder I didn't think of it before!

This story has really helped me see things in a new light. Rikku has always been my favorite Final Fantasy character, and Aurikku has always been my OTP. (Because it's so perfect, and everyone should love it BECAUSE it's so perfect... Actually, I take that back. It's so imperfectly perfect that everyone should love it! :D)

I was sad when he didn't look back at her during the game... But people claim that there were no Aurikku moments in FFX.

WELL THEY LIE.

There weren't as many as there should have been, but there were some! You just had to look hard for them sometimes.

Anyway... I DO hope you finish this story, and get another chapter up soon! (It's my favorite aurikku story!) But I can understand if you've lost interest in writing it... I've lost inspiration for storied before. Of course none of mine were as EPIC as this one. But I guess I can understand if you have...

But if you have lost your muse for it... Can you PLEASE tell me what happens? D:

I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather you finish it, but I don't think I could take not knowing what's going to happen for the rest of my life. XD

I'll always look back and think "Hm... I wonder how that story ended?"

... And I totally would think that. Even when I'm thirty. Don't think I won't! lol

Anyway... Good luck? :D

Axel's Ashes chapter 27 . 1/5/2010
My goodness! I wanted to review sooner but I just had to keep reading! I've been up until three in the morning reading this fic for the past several nights-I'm quite addicted to it. Everyone is in-character, at least mostly, you've got your facts straight...but it's gotta be a tragic ending, right? I can't see it ending any other way. Beautiful, but tragic. It's like FFX all over again! Haha! I look forward to reading more.

It might be a bit sadistic of me, but I can't wait until Auron finds out about Rikku's samurai dressphere; on that note, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the resemblance! I found it odd...

I'm replaying the game and every cutscene I keep imagining that Rikku really did end up in the past; it would definitely explain why Auron was perfectly fine with letting a random Al-Bhed girl who conveniently arrived after Yuna was nearly kidnapped be Yuna's guardian. I'm totally over-analyzing everything now XD

I enjoy reading this fic very much and I wish you good health (both for your benefit and my own, hehee). Your grammar is great (which, sadly, can be quite rare on FFNET) and your writing is very engaging and emotional; at times I can feel Rikku's sadness.

It's hilarious and realistic how Rikku takes on the personalities of those the dresspheres are based on. I was giggling non-stop when she went Auron-tastic on Jecht I wonder, will there be one for Braska as well?

(I hated blitzball, too, in both games; there was one lucky time I managed to win the storyline match against the Luca-Goers, however, and I will remember that accomplishment always XD I never got the Lady Luck dressphere; that is the only percentage I need to have all of FFX-2 completed! Grr!)

ANYWAYS! I am SO SORRY to have sent you this long rambling review (this has got to be the longest one I've ever written, no joke). Needless to say, I absolutely love this fic and I look forward to reading more! Best of health to you! I shall send positive waves your way. XD

P.S. Your profile picture is just amazing. I crack up every time I see it.
LucksFullmoon chapter 27 . 12/19/2009
This is Fantastic!(Sure, the fact the Braska is crushing on his own neice is a little "Eww", but what every body but Rikku doesn't know, won't hurt them) I do hope you update soon.
Sotwt Icehail chapter 27 . 12/10/2009
This is so far the BEST travel back in time Aurikku fanfic I have ever read. Keep it up.
I-Mushi chapter 27 . 11/24/2009
This is an amazing story. Your characterization is perfect, the story line flows nicely, everything in coming into place, and Auron and Rikku's relationship is spot on. I hope you'll be able to continue it when you're well. :)
Cookiekitten chapter 27 . 11/19/2009
It's been so long since I've last read an Aurikku. This story is really great, and I love how you've characterized everyone's personalities from ten years ago. Very well done! :D
Christa chapter 27 . 9/22/2009
A correction to my review: Loving the story! I hope you and your family are getting through this tough time alright.
Christa chapter 27 . 9/22/2009
Loving the story, hoping for an update soon!
716 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »