Reviews for Haunted
Lolchen chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Nice drabble :)
Geraldine Hake chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
I can't begin to imagine all of the ideas that you suggest with this drabble (I love drabbles :) ) but just this little blurb of writing is wonderful. I really appriciate how you took part of a story and underlined something (generally) insignifigant. Like what affect Harry's parents had on Voldemort before he murdered them. People tend to overlook such things.
Rivulet027 chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
I was surprised at how indepeth this got. Poignant. Beautiful.
Orange Memories chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
I want to thank you again for writing this. It was so beautiful, and Voldemort somehow seemed so vulnerable. Thanks again.
Miss Swoon chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Thanks for your reply the other day. As a reviewer it's always nice to know that writers appreciate your thoughts. And forget about those twits that keep leaving rude and witless reviews. Most likely they are people who are unhappy with some turn their lives have taken, and they inexcusably choose to vent their frustration on others. If anything, we should pity them.

Anyway, onto discussing your drabble (I've always been a big fan of drabbles). A brief yet interesting exploration of potential reasons (other than the canon Prophecy) why Voldemort wishes to kill Harry. The theme of "eternity" comes across quite nicely, I think, as a result of many connotative words used ("memory", "everywhere", "never").

There also seem to be a number of 'subthemes' embedded in the text. 'Love' was the first word that came to my mind when I read the sentence "There was an enigma lying within them, something foreign and painful to his heart, like sand in a wound." I'm not sure why, maybe it called to mind something I've read in one of the HP books.

The recollection of Harry as an infant and Voldemort as a young boy also touches on the themes of 'childhood' and 'innocence'.

I love how you tie all three themes together in the sentence "The part inside of him that was once just a boy called Tom Riddle longed to decipher it, but he would never understand..." - the child in Voldemort (does that make sense? o.O) obviously yearns to understand the reason (love) why Lily shielded her son from the killing curse, but becasue of his naive and inexperienced nature (i.e. his innocence) he can't.

Whether other readers perceive these same notions in your drabble is of course a matter of subjectivity, in any case I think they add to the pleasure of the reading experience. Come to think of it though, love, innocence and childhood seem to be continuous elements in a lot of your writing, particularly in your Inuyasha fics. Then again, how can you not write about these things when you write about someone as sweet and adorable as Rin?

I'd better stop rambling now before I go off-topic.

miss swoon