Reviews for Mixed Doubles
Bellegeste chapter 4 . 6/7/2007
It's a long time since I read this - whatever changes you have made have been almost seamlessly integrated - and it is just as exciting now as it was then.

"She hated the way her friends treated her with remote, kind politeness, as if she were nothing but a business associate. She hated the way conversations stopped when she entered the room, the way they would impatiently look up and wait for her to leave."

For me this is the most heart-breaking section of the story. Hermione, in her Jane disguise, cannot grieve over Ron or be comforted by her friends, nor can she share fully in their distress. At a time when they should have been supporting each other, she is more cut off than ever. It is hardly surprising that her thoughts turn to Snape - not only has he been kind to her, but he knows the truth about her and that creates a powerful bond. I like the way she identifies with him now as an outsider. Maybe this taps into an already latent feeling - as a Muggle-born she must often have felt like an outsider not only amongst the Pure and Half-bloods, but also amongst her own Muggle family. She doesn't fully belong anywhere. Luckily for her she is super intelligent and so easily masters the magic, but imagine how terrible it would be to be a Muggle-born wizard/witch with only average powers - how teased would she be.

I, for one, am quite relieved that you were trying to fit this into the word limit of the 'gift exchange' - otherwise you might have kept us on tenterhooks for several more chapters before you allowed them to reach that extremely satisfying conclusion.
BelladonnaCailo chapter 4 . 6/7/2007
Cute story! Ireally liked how they both ended up helping each other.
indianpipe chapter 4 . 6/7/2007
I love your Snape. All the goodness is there trapped inside by a terrible situation. I love the look he gives Hermione when Harry hugs him. Smart, funny and tender...another winner!
NaiaEstella chapter 4 . 6/7/2007
Thank you for this story- it was very beautifully written and thoroughly entertaining. The only thing I would enjoy more ia an epilogue :)

Oh and the irony of their caretaker position at the end was very much appreciated!
Les Dowich chapter 4 . 6/6/2007
Good, nice Severus is always acceptable. Its a well written piece and I enjoyed it. Thanks

Les
carasnape chapter 4 . 6/6/2007
I have to admit that when I read the title and summary I didn't think the story was going to be any going.I'm delighted to say that you proved me wrong in the first chapter. This is a great story with a clever plot.
Elena chapter 4 . 6/6/2007
I loved your story...You so need an epilogue to it...Please please oh please. Great writing/job!
thalieia chapter 4 . 6/6/2007
I like Snape's patronus. It does fit him. Sweet, hopeful end.
thalieia chapter 3 . 6/6/2007
Good chapter. She's rather harsh with Snape, but wanting to lash out at someone seems like a natural reaction. I really like how she turns to him for comfort afterwards.
thalieia chapter 2 . 6/6/2007
It's nice to see Snape doing the caring. Usually it's the other way around.
thalieia chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Interesting premise.
whitehound chapter 4 . 6/6/2007
Very nice - I especially liked "she ruthlessly pulled the emergency brakes on her train of thought ", and her wondering whether Snape felt this same sense of being on the outside looking in.

Btw it should be Extendable Ears, not Expandable.
sunsethill chapter 4 . 6/6/2007
"“I was so worried.” She shuddered. “I was afraid that if you weren’t dead already, they would kill you when we arrived.”

“One advantage of dealing with a megalomaniac is that the Dark Lord would never have admitted the possibility of defeat to himself,” he said dryly. “He was fully confident of being able to return later and finish what he started.”"

Nice detail. I enjoyed this chapter, but I would really like to see an epilogue. The ending feels rushed and I think it would feel more complete with at least some look at how things go for everyone.
duj chapter 4 . 6/6/2007
Sweet happy ending, whether Minerva's successful convincing everyone of his innocence or he just disappears off to a new life with her, leaving faked evidence of death...
uber grasshopper chapter 3 . 2/7/2007
This the BEAUTIFUL! I love the way you've presented Hermione and Snape - they're PERFECT! And I'm digging the Rickman refs ) The only way I could love this piece any more is if Rickman himself popped out of my computer as I read. WOHOO! anyway - can't wait for more! this rocks my socks!
117 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »