Reviews for The Freed
mergirl007 chapter 40 . 4/12/2009
Hopefully you got away. I'd hate to be the cause of massive injuries or something along those lines.

Anyway, thanks for the answers! I've been wondering about what Gale did during the 'missing weeks' between the escape and the beginning of the story for a while now, and Hawk's answers about his powers were very interesting. (Same with Weird, really. You *points accusingly* didn't say anything about how she wasn't teleporting in the story, at least I don't think so.)

Are you participating in Screnzy? *random question* The script format reminds me of the one pitiful page I've written so far this March.

~)Mer(~
mergirl007 chapter 38 . 4/5/2009
I wrote these questions for the characters a year ago and I don't know why I forgot to post them. In case you're still interested in questions for the characters, here they are!

Hawk: If you were confronted with a computer with no accessible power button which had been turned off, could you turn it on using your power? Can you detect the faint electrical field that all humans give off? Could you hijack radio transmitters and broadcast whatever you wanted to? Do you think you can store computer programs in your brain? Were the chips in everyone's arms like tiny computers or simple tracking devices?

Gale: What was Toad Boy like in the lab before you escaped? Who in the flock do you mother most? Did you bring all the kids straight to the warehouse after you left Max? How did you manage to get food for so many people every day? What was the worst test at the lab?

Tapper: What do you usually think about when you're being quiet? Who do you want to lead most: Hawk or Gale? How long did it take you to make the taps system? What test at the lab did you hate the most?

Cam: Were there any other avian-chameleon hybrids in your original test group? To whom in your flock are you closest? Do you ever want another guy in the flock to even up the boy/girl ratio?

Weird: What does teleportation feel like? Did you get a lot of special attention/tests at the Lab?

And saving the best for last... Billy: Do you remember how you thought of the original idea for The Freed? What type of physics are you in? And... who's your favorite published (or unpublished) author?
NothingButTrouble chapter 9 . 9/9/2008
Never let Cam meet Iggy or Gazzy.
Lady Asher chapter 38 . 2/8/2008
oh, you don't know how good it makes me feel to see my name on a thank-you list like that... you're very welcome, and thank YOU for all the wonderful writing you've done! no matter what you do, please please please please PLEASE keep writing; i hope to see something by you on the bestseller shelves one day, and i'm completely serious here. i'll definitely read it! )
CarnivorousOak chapter 38 . 2/3/2008
I'm still sad to see my favorite fanfiction finished. Are you planninjg any others? sorry if i'm acting obsessed, but i am.
CarnivorousOak chapter 37 . 1/30/2008
I like your section on Wierd. I need to re read some of the story to get some of your refrences to the story.
mergirl007 chapter 34 . 1/14/2008
Okay, I changed my mind. This is the perfect ending to the Freed. The ambiguity declares that there won't be a sequel (which probably would be redundant anyway, because their situation wouldn't have changed and they'd still be running, which gets old after awhile), and overall it's fantastic. This is my favorite fic in the Maximum Ride section, because you're incredibly gifted at making awesome action scenes, and the characterization practically surpasses that of the canon.

I love the sidenotes you're writing about the story now- it's so much fun to read!

-)Mer(-
Artificial Life Creator chapter 36 . 1/14/2008
whoop!
Lady Asher chapter 35 . 12/26/2007
i have to say, thanks for the author's note thing at the end here. i can totally see why you're ending the Freed saga here - it's INCREDIBLY long, kudos to you for that - but it's nice to see a bit of the mind behind the story. it also helps to know that you're not leaving your fans out in the cold ) but really, thank you.

there aren't a lot of author's notes or comments in the actual chapters, so we can't really tell much about you, the author (it kinda makes it more like an actual book that way, though, so it's a bit of a mixed blessing) and i at least we miss a bit of the story that way. there's really only so much background info a character can give you, after all )
CarnivorousOak chapter 35 . 12/24/2007
taps and Hawk? uug. I agree. gale isn't much better. hearing your summerys and favorite parts of the chapters makes me want to read the story again. unfortunatly, I'm needed to help with christmas things. :( thank you for writing followups. I wish other authors would do that.
EchoezOfSilence chapter 34 . 12/23/2007
oh darn, it's over... nice ending though
Lady Asher chapter 34 . 12/19/2007
that's... it? that's all?

...

WHAT AN UNSATISFYING ENDING!

it's good though, i'll give you that. as much as i hate cliffhangers like this, it is a good place to stop. 34 chapters, each of them pretty long - i can see where you'd get tired. all i have to say is don't completely retire these characters, this storyline. please, please, please consider doing an eventual sequel. it'd be a crime to not; you're a great writer, and you've got an inexpressibly awesome story with great characters to go with it. don't stop now!

though i'm sure everyone will forgive you if you wait a while. writing can be exhausting )
Lady Asher chapter 33 . 12/19/2007
"a half eaten can of beans slowly gaining sentience on the kitchen work surface" that made me laugh for so long; i don't even know why. it just struck me as inexpressibly funny. i love this fic, i really do. another one that made me laugh - "is Hawk being melodramatic again?" "I have a headache, so yes." hilarious. the whole thing is practically made for a movie.
Flame-Taw chapter 34 . 12/17/2007
COOL! I have one word: MORE! If that's the end, you ARE going to have a sequel, right? I mean, your story is so good, and it's a cliffy and so there has to be more!

- Max
CarnivorousOak chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
I hope there's a sequel. I want to know what happens next but if you don't have any ideas I understand. I will miss the story that I consider the best in Max Ride fanfiction!