Reviews for The Iris Jumper
DemonsNeedHugs chapter 2 . 2/12
This story is really beautiful. It made me cry. A lot actually. I need a tissue.
Princess-Warrior 17 chapter 2 . 6/13/2014
Magnificent song choices, by the way. Both "Iris" and "Jumper" are beautiful songs that have a lot of depth and soul to them. Moving on to your story...wow. I was impressed. Simon and Roger as a pair, on the surface, doesn't seem like it would work. However, in a weird, twisted way, it makes sense. Two of the most misunderstood characters in Lord of the Flies are Roger and Simon, and it's natural that they would gravitate towards one another. I really liked how you incorporated the lyrics as actual dialogue. I thought it was creative, and in ways, I liked it better than song fics that just have random lyrics throughout. Having said that, I thought you could have explained a little more how the lyrics tied into what each character was saying. For example, why doesn't Roger want the world to see him? A bit more elaboration would have been nice.

Also, the situation with Saint Peter was interesting. While suicide was a bit drastic on Roger's part, I understood his reasoning. I mean, Simon was the only one who truly understood, and to be without him was unbearable.

This was well done. Of course Roger's death wasn't pretty or wonderful, but you managed to salvage the ending and turn it into something good. For that, I commend you.
Painting Politics and Poland chapter 2 . 10/14/2012
I don't know how you made a story where they both die have a happy ending but you somehow managed it.
I love the way you did these songfics. I was tearing up for most of this. I ship Roger/Maurice, but this was...well this was exceptional! Brilliant job.
DeathTheKitty chapter 2 . 8/28/2011
Although my favorite pairing is JackXRalph, it was nice to see Roger have a soft side! 3
Rachel chapter 2 . 5/8/2009
This was something new... I liked it. I love Simon and Roger!

Keep up the good work :)
megs chapter 2 . 7/8/2008
LOL this is the most epic fail I've seen in ages. I LOVE IT ROFL.
GDrone chapter 2 . 2/22/2008
Wow. You took two amazing songs and wrote one amazing story. Interesting pairing. I really liked it.
Silvea chapter 2 . 6/2/2007
That made me cry. That, my friend, is an accomplishment. Usually, I don't cry from happy stories. Even when they make me feel happy-fuzzy inside, I don't usually cry. This is the first time...ever. Kudos! _ -silvea-
Never Forget That Night chapter 2 . 4/10/2007
Oh wow! That was so cool! I'm not even kidding! I loved your style, and I loved the Roger/Simon. Such a cute pair. I absolutely loved this though, especially with how you did the lyrics. Both are really great songs, and both fit in really well. Awesome awesome awesome job! Will there be more? Please?
HyperRyu-chan69 chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
omfg this had me crying so much damn you! twas awesome...
BiccaBoo chapter 2 . 12/19/2006
Wow... I LOVE it. The pairing works really well because they're so different.

I love the storyline. Well done.

Take care!
Melodious Nocturne chapter 2 . 9/28/2006
Hey there! This is a friend of Aerona's. She recommended this as my first Lord of the Flies fic ever! I haven't actually really read the book yet, but thanks to a certain someone, I don't think I even have to have done so to understand any story...

I like the way you managed to blend the song into the story, and still have it appropriate and fitting. The song really matches the mood, as well as the meaning of the story. I think you captured Simon and Roger's characters well. The story is so... sweet. And sad. I think you did a great job!
Aerona chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
WOW. It's hard to believe, but I was actually tearing up a bit while reading this. You did a great job on this fic, and I especially like the line "I don't want the world to see me/cause I don't think that they'd understand" as an explanation for why Roger puts his paint on... I think the song is just about the most appropriate you can get for this book.

LOTF ROCKS! We must keep on loving it...
TheSavageChoirGirl chapter 2 . 9/21/2006
I LOVE IT! So sad, and sweet... I love it! And it's Roger/Simon slash! Yay!
Der Traumer chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
wow. you did that really well, considering writing a story around song lyrics is hard enough to do and sound originol, but you successfully placed the lyrics in the dialogue and made everything make sense. very cool. very originol and creative. D