Reviews for Promises
Guest chapter 17 . 2/22/2014
Unfortunately, in canon Lee DID tell Kara how he felt. Plainly, honestly and openly. No room for doubt or misinterpretation. It did no good. Karas response was both cruel and hateful. Oh well. Well done story
Guest chapter 11 . 2/21/2014
Lee has saved kara's ass many times. So yea she has needed him to save her. Just like she would have been dead if Lee had not acted in this chapter. Kara really is a silly twit.
Guest chapter 11 . 1/19/2014
Gee - another writer making Kara a victim because Lee did not want to deal with her selfish insanity.
Guest chapter 8 . 1/19/2014
This is Kara being selfish as usual. Lee told her the gospel truth about how selfish she is and poorly she has treated him. What does she think. Lee is gonna talk to her for 5 minutes and everything is all better? So she can go back to using him? Because thats all she ever did. She used Lee and then threw him under the bus. Lee was always supportive and loving to Kara and she used that until something less complicated came along. The fact is most of Lee's behavior was him reacting to some stunningly hateful action on Kara's part. Frakking Baltar specifcally to hurt Lee. Trying to use him as an emotional and sexual crutch in scar. New Caprica and the list goes on. she has been nothing but hurtful and abusive to him. everybody seems to get upset with Lee when he gets angry with Karafor treating him like a doormat. Like he should just take it because its Kara
spinningleaves chapter 17 . 8/10/2009
Aw! I loved watching Lee's journey, and it was so interesting to see how well thought out you had the evacuation and the other details of the resistance base. Excellent background building!
lalovesleeadama chapter 17 . 2/17/2009
Wow, great story! I love the role reversal of Lee on New Caprica and Kara staying in the fleet. You really make us believe the horror that Lee went through without being overly graphic, just enough to let our imaginations fill in the rest (which is the mark of good horror, IMHO). I think you did a great job of staying true to Lee's character - how he turns in on himself, doesn't let people in, how he tries to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders - while letting him have a glimpse of a connection with Cally, who shared similar horrors.

I was totally caught up in the plot, but there was also plenty for my K/L shipper heart - thanks for that! Kara was the only one who could break through his reserve, and you wrote her perfectly. All in all, a great story...angst with a happy ending, my favorite.
Kitty Invictus chapter 17 . 5/14/2008
Great ending. A lot of the time, Last chapters are kinda boring, you know housekeeping and all that. But this one was really great.

The whole scene on the hangar deck, I totally felt like I could see it. I was grinning like an idiot. And having them kiss like that in front of everyone. Loved it. I would have been cheering if I wasn't in my basement where everyone in the house could hear me.

One last thing I wanted to say about this story. I loved the way you always had Lee call Dee Ana. good idea to make it more personal. and Having the Tyrols name their daughter Anastasia. I loudly went "Awe" when I read that.

great job, keep up the good work.
Kitty Invictus chapter 13 . 5/14/2008
Wow. I loved this chapter. All the Lee/Kara stuff was wonderful. Awesome.

Anywho. I just love how far you've removed Lee from his character. Well he's coming back now. but the whole shooting Baltar thing. Did you write this before seeing the end of season 3? because the end of season three, and what I've seen of season 4. Lee and his moral compass are one thing that never changes. And you've changed it. but you've done it so well that it works.

great job. keep up the good work.
Kitty Invictus chapter 12 . 5/14/2008
Well I was determined not to comment on this story until the end. That way I wouldn't fill up you email inbox with reviews (Unless you have that feature shut off.) well anyway. I loved this chapter. I enjoy a good emotional breather every once in a while because it usually means there's surprises to come.

My main reason for reviewing was what you said about Helo in your author's note. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who gets told what to do by all of their characters.

Characters just do what they want. Sometimes it's like I'm not even writing the story. they are. It's all one big conspiracy.

anyway. keep up the good work.
cherylad chapter 17 . 4/12/2007
Hi:

I know I'm late to the party, but I just read your fic today and wanted to say I loved it!

You took some huge chances with the characters, while staying totally true to them and they paid off.

Thank you!
Nytel chapter 17 . 12/17/2006
I love you! This was a gripping story from start to finish. There was so much angst, but somehow you still managed to pull out a happy ending. And a believable happy ending too. :D

It really makes me wish exams were over so I could get to work on Finding Purpose again.
Nytel chapter 16 . 12/17/2006
The action scene was exceptionally well written. Personally I find them very challenging, but this was amazing.
Nytel chapter 15 . 12/17/2006
Oh, I'm so glad they got the baby back! And Lee and Kara kill me dead. (In the best way of course.)
Nytel chapter 14 . 12/17/2006
Boomer? Nice twist. Oh, Cally's going to be pissed.
Nytel chapter 13 . 12/17/2006
You wrote this so, so, so well. Lee's breakdown was 100% believable. And Kara... I'm so glad she decided to help him.

*off to read next chapter*