Reviews for Twilight
Scarylady chapter 1 . 7/16
:D This was kinda sweet-I like seeing Marguerite have more substantial relationships with the League 3 very nice.
Eliella45 chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
l always believed that Andrew was more of a brother to Marguerite than and their friendship was such a pure one, loved your story. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
I absolutely love this story. This should have been in the book!

""'I'm sorry you're having to go through all of this.'

'On whose behalf are you apologising? Percy's?' She paused. 'My brother's?'

He stumbled. She was still staring straight ahead. She knows, he thought glumly. They had been so careful to try and keep it from her, but she knows. He tried to think of something to say. Anger at Armand St Just was more overwhelming than he had imagined possible. It was an anger that Percy had wanted to spare her. Marguerite had not broken stride and her eyes were still fixed ahead. She knew. But she didn't want to talk about Armand.

'You have done nothing for which you need to apologise, Andrew.'

'I should have told you about Percy,' he muttered. 'You should not have had to hear it from him.'

Her laugh was a sharp bark, wholly unlike her usual melodious tones; she had stopped and was staring at him incredulously. 'Good Heavens, man, are you trying to find something to feel guilty over?'

He had to force himself to meet her eyes.

'We have always been friends, you and I, have we not?' Her voice was soft.

Andrew managed a smile. 'I like to think so.'""

""'He never wears disguises like that when I'm with him.' It sounded like a complaint.

'Of course not - he wants to present himself as heroic as possible before you.'

She actually smiled then. And then she leaned forward, her hand resting lightly on his shoulder, and kissed him on the cheek.

Where had it come from, this affection for a woman with whom he had no bonds of marriage or blood?

He tucked her hand into the crook of his arm and she leant against him.

'Come on. Let's find a café and I will stand you to a meal. Although, I cannot vouch for what will be served to us.'

'Dog, possibly.'

'Andrew.'

'Or maybe a nice bit of cat.'

'You are a reprehensible human being. And you're beginning to sound exactly like Tony - you've been spending too much time together.'"" They are very much like siblings in this story.
Baroness Emma chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
I really like this! Platonic bonds can be so hard to maintain (in a literary sense, anyway) and this is really just perfect. I love how Andrew knows that he needs her and is so pleased that she needs him in this situation. The gentle gallantry he displays is wonderfully in character - Percy's and Marguerite's trust could not be better placed.

Ah, Eldorado! If all the "missing scenes" were put into it, it would be four times as long as it is now! But this one deserves to be put in, really, it does.
MmeMozart182 chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
A lovely interlude.

Andrew and Marguerite's relationship, though rarely explored, remains one of my favorites. And this was a beautifully realized little portion of it.

Nicely done.
lostlamb chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
hey, your piece was a great piece of writing, totally comfortable and unstrained...please keep writing more.
SadArticle chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
I'm writing this at a slight disadvantage, in that I've currently lost my SP groove (switched allegiance!), but I still love your story, and can appreciate the detail and emotion written with your obvious love for the characters. The whole thing is wonderful, with some lovely touches - the description of faces beneath the braziers, and the mist on the river; Andrew and Marguerite's political beliefs; their light-hearted dialogue after the almost tangible desperation and despair that you have conjured with your words. Only one or two teensy points, to show I read thoroughly - 'creepy' and 'make a run for it' sound too contemporary, and you have 'Concierge' instead of 'Conciergerie' at one point. But I really had to look to spot those - what came across most is your brilliant descriptions, of surroundings and characters, and illustration of the strong, platonic bond between Marguerite and *Sir* Andrew (never just Andrew from Marguerite, even as their friendship grows). A worthy 'missing scene' for 'Eldorado'!
katyfriday chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
I've always thought Marguerite and Andrew would be friends. Your story allows a rare glimpse into their friendship. The imagery is lovely too, and adds to the atmosphere of the scene.
Lis chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Very sweet story. I really liked the friendship between Marguerite and Andrew...especially the ending. Hope to see you write more soon )
goodbyelovergirl chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
This is a great story! I am so glad that you chose to write a fanfic about Andrew's relationship with his best friend's wife, and this is how I thought it would be. )