Reviews for Things We Never Thought We Could Be
Victoriam Speramus chapter 12 . 2/19/2010
This is so lovely.
Mari83 chapter 12 . 11/16/2007
Great to see an update:-)

"He undresses her slowly, taking items of clothing off carefully, like he's unwrapping something treasured. Something loved."

Just perfect.

"I love you." She might not have heard it if not for genetically enhanced hearing, and his eyes - the blue so clear now, without the barrier of his glasses - glance up to her face, wondering if she heard, if it's too late to take it back."

So sweet and with just the right bit of insecurity lingering.

I really like to see an explanation of the wedding scene, especially this sentence: “He'd thought she'd be bored to tears tonight, not moved to them.”

Hoping for more..
Griever chapter 12 . 11/14/2007
Oh my god. I love this... So MUCH
jfg207 chapter 4 . 1/12/2007
That's beautiful! Keep on expressing the feeling for one another.

Lattelady chapter 9 . 10/29/2006
I love these ficlets and always admire people who can pack a lot of emotion, fun or laughs into a few words. Really great job on all of them. I hope you write more.
Maria656 chapter 9 . 10/25/2006
Loved them all!
Mari83 chapter 9 . 10/17/2006
Interesting, well-written bits!

“Later on she will wonder how she was able to beat him, she would never say it out loud but she knows, deep down, he could have made her leave with him if he'd really wanted to.”

Exactly what I thought… so why did he let her stay…?

“listening to the faint sound of his heartbeat and praying that that sound will still be playing when she wakes up.”

Oh, romantic…

“He hopes Bennett's wife-to-be isn't the catty type.”

Made me laugh – because Max definitely is catty towards Daphne:-)
Babyangel86 chapter 9 . 10/14/2006
i love them all... all little fluffetty moments... puts a smile on your face... :-)
Mari83 chapter 7 . 9/25/2006
Sweet little heat-moment, especially because you emphasize it’s more than just sexual attraction with this and the following parts: “letting her know she is loved, knowing how this makes her feel like a wild animal and wanting to let her know he doesn't think of her that way, will never think of her that way.”

So typically Logan to be absorbed in his work and having a bad consciousness about leaving it even for Max. Made me grin.
shywr1ter chapter 5 . 9/24/2006
Ah! Terrific!

First of all, great idea to take those odds and ends we probably all have thrown in our computer files amid full-blown stories, and just posting them in a collection of "moments." In the fandom here it works very well, as episodic as a TV show would be.

Given the M/L orientation, of course I like them all, but I think this one is my favorite, because it fixed both S2 factors we hate: the Virus, and the Lie. So satisfying to those of us hopeless romantics, Logan stumbling onto the truth... but the Cooking Lesson was lots of fun too, especially Logan's discomfort about "giving up his kitchen..."

Great to have these little bits of M/L. Thanks for sharing!
Mari83 chapter 6 . 9/16/2006
Okay, I threatened to review again, so you were warned:-)

I like the un-chronological order, it’s like somebody jumping from one incident to the other while remembering.

Also like Alec refusing to play Max’s game any longer and telling her to grow up – but this may just be the M/L shipper in me. Still, he isn’t written as more mature as Max often.

Love the love scene, especially this: “He notices her concern and guilt and frowns, then moves to whisper one word into her ear."Breathe."

This is my favourite, it’s funny and fluffy:

“It's his kitchen after all, and he likes everything in it to be just so, and even though he knows Max will be careful and not mess anything up on purpose, he's still nervous.

The meal is fun and delicious and they make small talk and joke and tease each other. It's comfortable and calm, two things that neither of them are very accustomed to.

Unless they're with each other.”

Will there be more?
Frost Deejn chapter 6 . 9/12/2006
Ah, it's so sweet!
Kyre chapter 5 . 9/11/2006
Ahh - how I wish this had happened on TV! How I wish FOX hadn't messed it up so much! *growls and kicks table in frustration*

I do like this idea, though, these satisfying vignettes. Please keep going. :)
Griever chapter 6 . 9/11/2006
I'm loving this so much. All the much needed fluff in 6 lovely chaps. This is awesome, keep it up!
Mari83 chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
Read this about two hours ago and found a whole bunch of great sentences, enough for a lengthy, enthusiastic review, but was / am way too tired for lengthy reviewing today.

Yeah well, it took me quite some time to realize that this has many chapters all at once, meaning I can do both, say now and instantly how much I like this _and still_ send a way to long review later (even one that makes more sense than this;-p)