Reviews for The Spaces in Between
Kitten Kisses chapter 3 . 11/13/2007
Oh, look, I made it back. And you know, I never knew that so much could happen in such a short period of time, either. In the time between my last review and this one (thirteen hours exactly), I've gone to work, come home, found out my best friend from High School had her baby this morning (three months premature), and as soon as I submit this, I'll be headed to the hospital to see my grandmother. Not to mention all the little insignificant things. It's so odd to think that all day, I didn't give my friends much of a thought (they live six or so hours away, now), but when I get home, I find out that they've had their baby and everything. Wow. Made me think a bit. (Ouch, my brain.)

You know, I always thought that Lyn was 17, and I'll probably end up sticking with that in all my fics (though by the end of her first journey, and through Eliwood's story, she could be that age by the end of the game, anyway...hmm). Eighteen-year-olds can be rather vulnerable, depending on who they are, I think. But I like how you write Lyndis, so you'll get no argument from me. It's actually nice to see someone who actually thinks and cares about what they write- doing research and such. It's not often that I see that, you know.

Let's not forget that not all girls act their age, either. I find Lyndis to be rather intelligent for her age- be it 15, 17, or 18, and we only know one thing anyway, really... In all the Wallace/Kent supports, they say Madelyn and Hassar eloped 17 years ago, which would make Lyndis about 15-17 years old, herself, depending on the time of year her parents eloped. (Not to mention her parents could have eloped because Madelyn was pregnant... actually, they probably did, or Hausen wouldn't know he had a grandchild, right?)

I liked Florina's bit about Ilia a lot. Very nice. And Mark's bit was especially good. Lyndis really is no "lady", though to be fair, she could be if she wanted badly enough to be one. It's not something that is out of reach, but she is more about freedom and the wind through her hair, and Mark is right to think so. I liked his thoughts about being around the children who aren't quite adults yet... that was pretty well done, there... because it's pretty true.

The ages are done nicely. Sain is older than Kent though, as he says in a Support Conversation.

I would love to see this updated/finished. I have to admit that I very thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I want to say more, but I have to leave for the hospital to see my grandmother, so I'll have to cut it short here.

Please, if you have time, update this and Days of Waiting. If you don't, I'll understand, though.

Keep up the wonderful work,

Kitten Kisses chapter 2 . 11/13/2007
Actually, I'm rather impressed with your writing (and the style this is done in). I honestly don't know how you manage to do it, but I do. I like the fact that you can say so very much without really saying much at all. The scene with the bracelet that Lyndis gives to the Tactician... wow. I mean, I guess I never truly thought about how lonely she must have been for the...what...six months(?) that she was by herself on the plains. Well, to be fair, I've thought about it a little, but I don't think I've ever seen it put into words, or included in a 'fic.

I commend you on that, really. Because it can be hard to convey a thing like that by saying so little, but you managed to do it convincingly.

[And because Kent is a knight, and knights do not lie, he admits, "I cannot say. It is strange to me."]

I really liked that line. Kent is definitely not the type of guy (like Sain) to say something else. That sounds exactly like what he would say in that situation.

Hahahaha! I loved Lyndis's, "Red". That was nice. Your thoughts regarding the color red were really neat, because not only are they true, they're interesting as well. Red is also the color of the glass I have my tea in, right now. Hah! Poor carrot-top Kent. Hah! After that, of course Lyndis would not be able to think of death and fate when she looked at him, but instead, carrots. P

Mythology is very intriguing, and I wish I had more time to read up on it, because like I said, it's fun. It's learning about a whole 'nother culture, to find out what they believed to be true at one time.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this chapter as well, and while I'd love to read the third (and lastly posted) chapter now, I have to get to work (darn those shifts that start at 6:30am). I'll try to come back later this evening, but I can't promise anything.

(But for now, I'll submit this review and hope that I can make it back to this 'fic after work.)

Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
This is very well-written, and I can tell that right away. I especially like the first section about Lyndis. It's almost like I imagined the attack to be like, really. In those days (I'm talking as if it's real, though I mean in medieval times) women never led much of anything, except kitchen duty, so it makes sense that people would not follow her as a leader.

I like the style that this is written in. It's something different, which is definitely not a bad thing. (We could use more 'fics that are "different", to be honest.)

The Tactician's "story" was good, as well. It's just a small peek into his life, but at the same time it tells you just enough. I like that.

Oh, it's Kent! (He is definitely my favorite character, no doubt about it.) I like your backstory for him. I've had several ideas for "backstories" myself, but I never thought of that. I like that his father is dead, and that he has never had the chance to meet him because of that fact. And wow, it seems as if history almost repeats itself there, with the painting. Very interesting- that was quite the nice touch, if I do say so myself.

I'll read chapter two now, so see you soon,

IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Enjoyed it very much. I look forward to more should you get a break from your other work.
Lao Who Mai chapter 2 . 9/20/2006
Ah! Oh my, this is peculiar! Your theory about the Sacaens' myths being a mixture of Mongolians, the Native Americans of the plains, and the Bedouin is exactly what I thought! Yay, a fellow mythology geek! :) Although that's not really suprising, considering the entire Fire Emblem series is based off of mythology. I also, however, think there might be a slight Incan/Olmen(sp?)/Mayan/Aztec influence on the Sacaens as well. What do you think?

As for this ficlet, I thought it was very enjoyable. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Ardonius-Servant-Of-Zeta chapter 2 . 9/19/2006
Except of course Tamaki is rich, where as Sain is probably dirt poor, after all he's not a noble knight, he seems to just be a knight who is paid like a soldier...which isn't really that much...
Ardonius-Servant-Of-Zeta chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
Clap for the author, his fic is good. And it is rare to find one of those...those truly magnificient fics. The ones I WISH I could write.