Reviews for The Goblin Orchards
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I like this fic. It can stand alone. It could be developed more though.
Honoria Granger chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Needs more of a payoff after you have her eat the fruit. It ends too abruptly. Just a line or two to round things off.
Saoirse.Ash chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
I love this ! Its so beautiful :D I am going to think about it for a long time now
Lylabeth chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Everything was well written, a good flowing of the story, and I enjoyed it. You need to read ' The Goblin Market' by Viciously Witty if you have not I think you would enjoy it. ONe of best fanfictions ever. Yours was quit good.
ButterflyOnTheWall chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I loved everything about this... the concept, the writing style, everything. And I love how you fit the poem in there. It was perfect and a great short story.
Jalen Strix chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
I love the flow of this, and the interweaving of the original poem into the narrative. I'm also greatly fond of the casual calculation Jareth engages in when considering Sarah's situation - it suits his character very well. Thanks for a lovely read!
joanna chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
good flow, enough adjectives to set the scene but not as many as to distract from the plot.

Jareth could be either cruel or kind, you left it open (like the movie) to interpretation.

Great fic
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Nice. I really enjoyed this. A very fitting ending. Of course Sarah would step up to save the unsuspecting crowds. She'll never escape her need to play the hero. I can't help but wonder what he wants with her, and what he'll do with her. While the romance element didn't really come through in the story, I noticed that you've marked this as a romance, so I'll assume that that is the reason he wants her. I particularly like the opening scene of the goblins gearing up with anticipation of the market. Thanks for writing & sharing! :)
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Imagery beautiful, flow smooth- i'd've liked to know what became of her.
Griffinesque chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
It was well written but what happened to Sarah after the faire? It seems like their should be another chapter?
Bre chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Lovely, wow I was shocked by my own play of emotion at the end. Well Written.
Nagasasu chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Interesting, and I like it. Good work! :)
chilalisnowbird chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
I loved it. You have a feeling for the capricious faerie nature that most writers have trouble with; how our morality simply does not -apply-.
Selina Novella chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Seems a pomegranate would be equally fitting. Nice work incorporating the poem. I read that poem in school too, though it wasn't required, the name just caught my attention, yay Labyrinth, and I thought "How did the people not notice the goblins?" and now I have my answer. Thank you!
S.R Devaste chapter 1 . 11/25/2009