Reviews for Parallels
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 1 . 7/16
Enjoyed reading this again.
TomHRichardson chapter 1 . 7/9
This story has such emotional depth, I wish I'd written it. Harry's mourning for dead Good Ginny, even whilst he has to fend off very-alive Evil Ginevra, is heartbreaking. If there were a Nobel Prize for Fan-Fiction, this story would deserve it.
rubyred753 chapter 1 . 6/28
Always love...sigh!
adelgado0429 chapter 1 . 6/19
Wow my first portal travel fic. It wad excellent! Thanks for writing. I really enjoyed it.
Bele chapter 1 . 6/15
thx!
RightWrong chapter 1 . 6/13
What a lovely truly enjoyable story. Thank you so much for writing it.
Dissapointed chapter 1 . 5/23
Let me be completely honest. This was a disappointment.
The MC is supposed to be overpowered. He is supposed to be 4 times stronger than Merlin. He is supposed to have so many special magical abilities it took thousands of words to describe it all. At the start of the story, the author is doing a serious hype about the MC and his power. And then... when finally something happens, when a confrontation ensues, the author simply gives villains power to somehow match MC who is supposedly a bit less than a hundred times stronger than them.

Why the fuck? Decide you, imbecile. You either write OP protagonist or not! You can't write OP protag and then have him barely win every fight! You can't have experienced an OP protagonist fall for the tricks of Draco Malfoy! Something as simple as enlarging the rune parchment he is working on almost killed him!? He should have detected those miles away!

Then his sister and Hermione disappear because of a portkey (IN HOGWARTS where potkeys supposedly do NOT work) and the first thing he does is alerting Albus rather than going for a rescue. He has magic and can alert Albus in thousand different ways but no, he had to go himself.

I must admit I didn't read past the part where Lucius drew the staff that made Harry, the supposed strongest wizard alive, the supposed four times Merlin, struggle as if he was a small firstie. It was simply ridiculous. Why write OP protagonist when you then give his antagonist an item that totally even the odds? Why hype up his power and abilities when, in the end, those won't matter at all?

The protagonist is supposed to have a steel-like moral code... according to the author. What I saw, however, was an emotionally imbalanced individual suffering from mental malnourishment. Someone who is spouting about his need for family and want to protect them but doesn't really use his resources well to do just that. Someone reactive, arrogant, simple-minded, and stupid. The protagonist knew well that the second he started challenging purebloods and how things are done in magical Britain that he would gain enemies. He knew those enemies are ruthless and will probably target his family. He knew those enemies attend the same school as his family. So... what does he do? Does he keep tabs on his family? Does he make some charm, rune, or whatever to protect them? Nope... he simply waits for someone to strike first.

It's ridiculous.
HoneyBear84 chapter 1 . 4/16
Loved it
Razzbri chapter 1 . 2/28
Just did a reread of this story from a while ago when I first read it and oh gosh, I still really enjoyed it this time too! I’ve the inter dimensional travel and how they overcome the potioning.
*Finish
*Gobbledook
hpreader1974 chapter 1 . 1/12
It is amazing that I have read this story dozens of times and it always gets to me. It is so well written and actually tells a story with a plot. Thank you for writing it all of those years ago. I am to the point in my fan fiction reading that I am going back and reading some of the great stories written years ago and several of yours are on my list. Thank you again and I wish that you could finish those that you have started.

Bill
The Geeky Folkteller chapter 1 . 1/2
You know, what would have been GREAT is if you actually explained why Ron and Ginny are so dramatically different from the other timeline. I can only guess that you did this because you wanted to acknowledge the cannon ship while still having Harry get with Hermione, but what we're given is over the top and cartoonish. I know it's easier to do, but just saying 'They're in an alternate reality' and calling it a day is not sufficient.

If you ever do a rewrite to this, might I suggest that Harry meets the alternative Ginny, but she's with someone else that loves her and she loves in return? This would be a mature take on the matter with Harry learning that even if things are perfect, you can't always get what you want. This could also tie into the Harry/Hermione plot with them realizing their feelings for each other, instead of Harry already knowing he has a side-girl
IJustWannaReadEpicStories chapter 1 . 12/28/2020
this harry is so overpowered and emotionally immature that's he's Boring. he IS that, this, then and them, got this that, those and naturally theirs. he is apparently everything and has everything, can do bloody everything and is dramatic with absolutely everything, and it's so bloody BORING.
Jonathan Deller chapter 1 . 12/15/2020
This is a good story. However, the Weasley family as a whole got off to easily.
montanoaries9 chapter 1 . 12/4/2020
nope the drama and uselessness of harry is still in here, with all of his warning in the great hall that bullying will be punished and in the end he didn't do anything what a trash