Reviews for Shelter from the Storm
Kittenlover1235t chapter 8 . 6/13/2015
That was just beautiful just lovely I LOVED YOUR STORY ! Is official red x and Raven is the best couple ever in the history of love
la canelle chapter 8 . 11/1/2014
Awesome story, I want to see more please. You need to update and finish this masterpiece, please.
Nom de Plume chapter 8 . 5/31/2014
I have read this piece some time ago and yet, I cannot believe I did not even leave a single review..
Or maybe I was so distraught when I saw it stopped here, as well as the date of the last time you had updated, that I had momentary lapse of black-out.
Whatever the case, I just felt the sudden impulse to find your story again, tuck it away to re-read some other time when I am ready to suffer the open-ended cliffy once more, but while I am at it, leave you the much well-deserved review.

This story... was...no, IS, incredible. Ever since the Teen Titan series ended, it has never occurred to me to even seek out the fanfic side of it until years later, I spontaneously found myself on this side of the site and I knew immediately what I had wanted to see. A Red X tale, or even better - with Raven in it. But what you did was better than any dream I could think of - you added in the adventure which pulled it altogether. This is more than just a romance, I felt the feelings of the characters so thoroughly. The confusion, the desperation, the helplessness... It was so potent that I swear, I felt like my eyes just wavered on those words for hours on end because I could not help but be so awed by your writing prowess AND attention to details. The way you portrayed their actions, especially here - right now, when you had described that fragile moment where X was reduced to communicating solely through his fingers. Just... it is so apparent that you are very in tune with not just the characters themselves but human nature as well. Combine those attributes together plus your writing talent and you have just made the big bang on paper. I kid you not, I have been on this site way-way too long to not know talent when I see it. You have IT, girl.

And I don't think I should even bother mentioning this since you are probably aware of it by now but the pacing of their relationship, the obstacles you threw in - all were perfectly timed and well-done. Writing skills is one thing but what I appreciate the most about a writer is their skill to develop plausibly the characters themselves. And you did that. You did it, very, very beautifully and all too realistically.

I do hope you return to this story though... I know that you have been emphasizing that this is THE most important turning point so you want everything to go smoothly and perfectly from here on out, understandably... but I just hope that that perfection does not keep you from ever moving forward. Even if you do not update ever again... I would like to thank you, on behalf of the other readers as well, for even taking a moment (many moments actually) of your time to plan out all the intricacies and sharing this world with us. Thank-you, thank-you.
Tyrinne chapter 8 . 1/16/2014
okay, you need to continue this it's pure gold, I mean it's so hard to find anything this good out there that isn't a oneshot or discontinued
Kitkat chapter 8 . 1/4/2014
Soooooooo, soooooo sad this was never finished. I read this ages ago and returned, hoping it might be done. Sigh. If you still exist on this site, know that there are still readers keeping their eyes open for updates!
Akuma Kawashima chapter 8 . 12/5/2013
Please update! There are so few well written Red-x/Raven stories out there! I really wanna know what happens! :D
quotidianfireflies chapter 8 . 11/14/2013
This is... so, so beautiful! What happened in the end... and the way that you wrote this story, though it was only 8 chapters long, it just makes my heart ache, makes me want to cry and ball my eyes out :( It's heartbreaking-and i guess that's what made it so beautiful. I think this-your beautiful story-would be one of those stories that i would never want to forget.

It was more than just a good read.

I mean it :)
christine.daae chapter 4 . 10/16/2013
There is no language called Egyptian the people speak Arabic.
Iceland chapter 8 . 4/22/2013
Thank you for this story. I hope it isn't over. I really love it. ;). ( sorry for my spelling )
LadyBluePhoenix chapter 8 . 1/10/2013
This is really really really good. I really do hope that you update soon. X-Rae is always fun to read, but this is great.
Hermione destroyer of worlds chapter 3 . 7/20/2012
Good reason for her not to use her powers. Better than most people come up with anyways. About the people not just vanishing into thin air, in that universe some do including Raven - that basically is what teleporting is and had Beast Boy been there I'm sure he'd have made some kind of comment to that effect.
Hermione destroyer of worlds chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
I like that Raven is using martial arts in the fic. So many fics don't have her use any, only using her powers, even though she clearly uses some in the cartoon such as her battle versus Jinx or how she briefly overcame Speedy in hand to hand combat.
soooooo chapter 8 . 11/22/2011
This is your 140th review! Does this amazing feat mean you'll consider updating? If not, maybe by 150...?
amethyst-dreams27 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Please, reassure us that you're still living and breathing! This is the best Raven/Red X fanfic I've ever read and I'd hate the author to just wither away into cyberspace!
mazes chapter 8 . 9/13/2011
is x oing to die? please no, update too the suspense is killing my brain you know