Reviews for Chrono Trigger: Fighting Fate
Renascent chapter 16 . 2/22
It's been so long... it's like I don't remember anything anymore. Oh well.
Happy 10th anniversary too. And like 5 months.

Short chapters: not sure what to say. Maybe I'll grasp at straws.

Pretty interesting stuff with the soldiers and building up the background for what's happening now/soon. This sort of stuff isn't really anything I'm any good with so I don't really have anything to say. You can't imagine how long it took for me to understand much of what was happening. I was like: "Things are happening but what really and why?" I suppose you could afford to be less subtle but maybe it's just me.

Okay, so it's pretty funny Lucca points out Chrono as a man of action. I would say that speaking is an important action and that Chrono doesn't do quite as much of that as other people. A kind of duality with him: not as involved in socializing but more cavalier in the face of danger. Only fitting for someone who's originally mute.
From what I see, Chrono is a more reactive social personality. Not difficult to get along with at all but I haven't seen him bring up this or that topic... that isn't something he's not worried about, with respect to the others. Given his relationship with Lucca, I think that Chrono, having had to deal with her, may have grown to be more easygoing to foil his best friend.
I bring this stuff up more about Lucca really, who seems to be the more dominant personality. I guess it's nice to see the interplay between their hotheadedness belong to different spheres. One asking the other to be more reasonable at times. Like picking your battles. Fire and lightning lol.
Robo being a passive person, fitting of course. He's an amusing source for... amusement.
Not much to say about Marle.

Having read and reread chapters 14-16 a few times the past year or so, I had a hard time understanding why this stuff was happening but now I remember them getting involved with the war more directly. I was confused because I was expecting a more adventurous arc but I realize that this part was actually really short and straightforward without dungeons so I breezed past it every time I played.
I appreciate how this has expounded on and I admire this kind of vigilance. I see how this arc could be really big: since it deals this greatly affects the team's relationship with the kingdom, the military, the people, and the mystics.
I was thinking that the focus was very much off the heroes but that makes sense why it is. I thought the relationships between the characters hadn't developed much due to not really having much an opportunity to do so. These parts are for the other people of this world, and it's good to focus on them now since the team would spend a lot of time being in only each others' company for much of the game.
This had stumped me for the longest time because the dungeoneering and adventuring stuff was what I was thinking would soon be happening as I read these past few chapters. And I was like "well that's not this, so what the heck is all this; what am I reading." Funny how you yourself can be the biggest obstacle in understanding something.

Well... I'm really excited for the bridge battle but I can't imagine what's gonna come in between. They say there's necromancing stuff going on but I wonder if the truth is a bit different than we're all lead to believe. How exciting.
sierragust chapter 9 . 1/10
This is so cool, and I wonder if you put the scene where Crono and his team find and view the video of the Day of Lavos in the year 1999.
Ghost Man chapter 16 . 12/19/2016
Oh wow. The offer still stands. Need some homework? I wanna see you continue.
Ghost Man chapter 15 . 12/19/2016
Short but sweet. A nice side bar.
Ghost Man chapter 13 . 12/19/2016
Typo in the letter, and I always did like this chapter; though will someone try to convince others that the "Princess" is a "mystic in disguise?"
Ghost Man chapter 12 . 12/19/2016
It'll be interesting to see the explanation for changes once the Medina history is rewritten.
Ghost Man chapter 11 . 12/19/2016
Gotta love Old man Melchior
Ghost Man chapter 10 . 12/19/2016
I remember loving this chapter when I first read it. I'm guessing you're a bit of a philosopher like myself? Just an observer of the natural wor- Oh wait you teach physics. Of course you are! XD
Ghost Man chapter 9 . 12/19/2016
After numerous playthroughs, I considered the psychological ramifications to the exposure of this type of environment. Good development. Worth going through a second time.
Ghost Man chapter 8 . 12/19/2016
My heart always goes out to Belthasar.
Ghost Man chapter 7 . 12/19/2016
I'm actually going through this story for the second time, you smart lady you. I hope you keep going. Anything I can do, the better. I really enjoy your smart writing. I'm an IT / Comp Sci guy, and Lucca is a favorite, so any sciencing you want to do, I can help.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/14/2016
I feel bad for not having reviewed this until two months after you posted it. Sorry!

Although it shouldn't be a surprise that my memory is hazy as to where the story currently stands, upon reading my last review, I can say that this felt like a very good battle/war-development chapter. It was short, but there was a terse, wary sensation to the writing that worked well with the topic at hand. I also liked the way you switched the mind control theory to necromancy, as a sort of mini-mystery.

Shorter chapters can be good and bad. It should hopefully mean you can post more frequently, but it also means that there will be less for reviewers to comment on.
Asahar4 chapter 15 . 4/11/2016
... actually, it is a miracle this story is updated at all... well, i pray that the updated may come swift and repeatedly
Kios chapter 15 . 4/9/2016
Heh, necromancy. It's funny because you were presumed dead.

I think the switch to semi-chapters will actually be a more positive change then negative, momentum is a huge factor, with your unfortunate history of hiatuses (hiatii? Hiases? Wait, you're the language professor; how the hell do you pluralize hiatus?) I think regular content would be better then long waits for large amounts of content. Basic addiction therapy: if there's the occasional dose of the addictive it reinforces the cycle, but throwing a carton of cigarettes at someone who quit smoking years ago will have mixed results. Besides, this semi-chapter has more content then plenty of 20 chapter 'stories' that make up the bulk of 'content' around here.

Finally, you'll notice that I have done little review of the actual content of this chapter. I am a very critical... uh, critic, and there is precious little to criticize. So... yeah. This is a closing statement.
Renascent chapter 14 . 10/12/2015
Before moving on to this chapter, I'm absolutely ashamed and I apologize for gratuitous spelling errors in my previous reviews and any confusion or misunderstandings that may have resulted in them. I have to think through about what the hell I meant because of them.
Also I think I have Robo figured out a bit. And I mean his interplay and role with the group. I always knew it because it was so obvious but I couldn't quite verbalize it.

A little (hypocritical) correction: Delirious king says “Only Cyrus' unit...” should be “Only Cyrus's unit...” because “ 's” applies to singular possessive nouns and Cyrus is single.
A few other clerical errors here too.

Now for actually reviewing the chapter.

I've notice that this chapter is very “active”, relatively so compared to others. This chapter makes rather small reference the previous chapter... well only small direct references.
Here, Lucca does that by worrying about the their time and their home but those worries gets pushed aside by Crono's own worries and plot.

But it's also “active” in that most of what happens is plot happenings and character interactions. While the not “active” parts would be Leene's and everyone's worries and the rumors of Cyrus's survival and the Hero Child.
Not a bad thing and I'm just particularly attentive to this balance between. I consider it somewhat indicative in some ways an author does their writing.

More plot goes on, yes. I don't have much to say about it since it's mostly build up, besides the King's wounds.
The potential dilemma of whether to use magic or not seems like a missed opportunity to me. Guess it was a non-issue. I do think Marle would be ecstatic to use magic for non-combat purposes.

Maybe there's the point of this chapter being more about the others of the past: the king, Leene, and Cyrus. I will say it's nice for Crono, Marle, and Lucca to have a place where they are welcomed and appreciated by people who aren't their parents.

Ain't much to the chapter but it is another building up chapter. They were definitely lost in the previous chapter but now they have a direction to head out to.
I do feel like some readers might feel a little lost reading about the knights, the maids and servants, Leene and all the others but if they just look it over once or twice it isn't hard to follow.
I definitely would have prefer a more saturated chapter. A little more meat to chew at.