Reviews for Sometimes There Isn't A Point
Hewhoislost chapter 12 . 6/17/2015
Wow. This story went all over the place. I have read a lot of fic that did the time jump thing, but not one that dd it as well as you did. This actually brought a tear to my eye man. So much in such a short fic, wow.
Hewhoislost chapter 3 . 6/17/2015
I get it, I finnialy get it. Kim and Shego have switched roles. In the past Shego always looked over her shoulder to see if Kim was going to interfere with her job, now Kim has to. You are so clever. I love it.
Hewhoislost chapter 1 . 6/17/2015
Wow, love the physiological warfare in this start. I wonder how it all plays out.
Reader101w chapter 12 . 10/2/2011
Great story,

First I was a bit weirded out by the seemingly random jumps through time, but as the story progressed, it really worked out.

Interesting to see Shego change over time. And very good work on the Syndicate lurking in the shadow.

Keep up the good writing,

reader101w
Lexa1711 chapter 12 . 1/16/2009
Hey,

And yet again I am totally in love with your work. You are my secomd favorite writer on this site, and that is saying a lot because I have reada a lot of good writers stuff on here. LOL well I hope that you write the continuation soon. I don't think that I can last much longer if you don't lol.

Anyways Great work keep it up. I love reading it.

catch ya later

Lexa
eatthatword chapter 12 . 1/2/2009
This story is awesome. Everyone was in character and the time jumps were handled wonderfully.
Rei Hino Scout Of Fire chapter 12 . 11/9/2007
Very nice. I hope you manage to get the sequel written soon. I'm quite curious to see how Julie will end up, not to mention Cessili.
A Markov chapter 12 . 3/1/2007
This went in a completely different direction than I had expected. Just like life, each new chapter brought a new perspective. The movement through time was handled quite well and each new scene fell into place with surprising speed and grace. I understood why Kim decided to risk herself. Not for the sake of Shego but because of the threat S posed.

There were a couple of things that stood out and jarred me though, at one point there was a "whore of bats." (Not sure exactly what that consists of, but I think I want to see it.) And just about every chapter was missing a few words. I normally find that very grating but I was able to gloss over it and really get into the story.

Alex.
King in Yellow chapter 12 . 10/16/2006
Sorry to be so slow in responding to this, but I was having a little trouble following you. I don't think the problem is your writing, which is very good. I don't think the problem is your approach. I thought you did a very find job with giving us little flashes of events spread out over years. You gave the readers enough clues to figure out what was happening while avoiding the details that would have turned a work of this scope into a five hundred thousand word epic. The problem, in my opinion, is that the combination of episodic chapters and irregular appearance of chapters sometimes meant it was difficult to keep the story clearly in mind from one chapter to the next. This will work much better if read in one or two sittings rather than one chapter every few weeks.

Since the author is probably well aware of that fact I hope this will be read by other potential readers more than the author. GIVE IT A CHANCE! This is a nice piece of writing that does require your brain be in gear while reading it, but I believe the rewards are worth it.
RI100014 chapter 12 . 10/10/2006
Thought that's what this was all about...good addition to Shego's character.

I kinda feel that Ron's been left out of the loop on this but then again Shego was more involved in Kimmie's life than his so I guess you just gotta except some secrets, every marriage has em...

Why I feel this way you might ask? Because Kim set up a private personal operation without consolting him in the least. She basically informed him at the last possible minute she was leaving again. That seems rather cheesy of her.

I kinda have to question also (in previous chapter) why Kim made the rather rude remark that Julie didn't feel like her daughter. That was just cruel, I hope Julie and Ron never hear that. It would break Julie's heart.

So Drew's been mentally retarded by his experience. Can't wait till you elaborate on this...

Kim's gonna adopt Shego's daughter? Hm...interesting..

RI100014 chapter 10 . 10/10/2006
"Hah," chided Shego. "You have some seriously screwed up priorities." She began walking down the hallway.

Yes Shego I agree whole heartily with your statement.

Kim's nuts!

She's been out of the game for at least a few months and instead of acting like the Director of Operations she is and putting her best squad on the case, instead of having at the very least a backup unit in position, she goes in solo with a daughter at home and the assumption that her devoted husband, Ron , is gonna destroy the weapon before it fires WITH HER INSIDE IT!

Bullshit!

She needs to put her personal pride, arrogance, and adrenaline junkie persona aside and think rationally. She's the leading officer of a highly trained anti-terrorist fighting force. She's a mother and spouse. She should NOT be in the line of fire any longer, she served her time, protected her country and now should be using her skills, experience and training to direct, from the backlines, the operations of Global Justice.

She's nutz...and that's OK because she's Kim Possible, the woman that can do anything (sarcasm) including getting herself killed for no reason...

I'm enjoying your story and can see why your Kim character chose the route she did but that doesn't mean I agree with her decision, not in the least.

Keep up the good work. Eagerly awaiting the next chapter..

MrDrP chapter 9 . 9/26/2006
I will confess to having started this story, then having stopped. I was getting very strong Kigo vibes and since that pairing is implausible to this reader, I was dubious about the prospects for this story. For some reason, I decided to check it out again and was surprised by the way the story has unfolded.

A couple of things stood out. First, there's the episodic nature of the tale. Fortunately, this has been handled well. While the chapters point to discreet incidents in Kim's life, they are all clearly part of a larger whole. As a K/R fan I was relieved to see the two reunited. And I must disagree with the reviewer who took issue with Kim and Ron missing each other after four years. That was completely credible given their shared past. The way you've depicted their relationship, romance was something they had to grow into and that required some individual growth, change and introspection.

The gradual change in Shego's role from tormenting nemesis to valued friend was handled well. If that very unlikely development were ever to take place it would indeed have to take place over a long period of time.

I do have reservations about this chapter. Despite Kim's high-minded - and I will grant sincere - words about wanting to create a better world for her daughter, she seems to be placing greater importance on Shego's well-being than on Julie's. I really hope you're not settin this up to to turn into Kigo - Kim and Shego trapped together in Senior's citadel, finally confessing their feelings for one another. I couldn't handle that and it would just kill the story you've written so far.

The wisest observation in this story is from Ron. He told Zita he didn't become a cook because the hobby he loved would become a job that could chain him down. Ironically, that's what's happened to Kim, who has essentially become a prisoner of GJ.
RI100014 chapter 9 . 9/26/2006
If it were to came down to it, with the technology and skills of GJ and the acting ability of Ron Stoppable (BeBe, Team Impossible) I think he would don the make-up and go in Kim's place.

He's the distraction, he's gladly stepped in the line of fire for her for over 14 years. He would insist that she follow him up and take the base by surpise. That way if S does indeed wish to kill, he'd die and Kim could complete the mission. THe most important one, care for their daughter. Selfish of him yes, but Ron's has always put Kim above himself.

And now especially that they have a child, I don't see him allowing her to go off and get herself captured. No matter what, not even if he has to let her beat him phsyically into exhaustion, I don't see him allowing her to do this.

Its suicide.

Also it would add a great amount of tension in their marriage, something that would make a great addition in follow chapter. After all, she would feel betrayed by his supposed lack of trust in her abilities and her judgement. And of course he would have to find a way to convince her that that's a lie. He knows what she's capable of but when their daughter's future is a stake, he flat demands that she be there for her.

I love this phrase from another fanfiction:

“Ron, please listen to me! You don't know what you're doing!”

“I know exactly what I'm doing. Handsome, blond haired slacker for worlds greatest and most beautiful red headed hero. I think it's a fine trade off.” He coughed and a smattering of blood hit the ground.

He's not in it for the glory, he's not in it for the fame,

He's not in it for the money, or the ladies, or cuz of shame.

He's in it for her, plain and simple, to be with her everyday.

To assist her to complete the missions, and at the end of it, be OK.

I hope you take this into consideration in your next chapter. It has nothing to do with Ron being the hero, that's bullcrap. He doesn't want nor need the spotlight. He knows she's gonna complete the missio because she always does. But this is different; its a different situation, different reasons, and this time when she's walking into almost certain death, she's carrying two death certificates, not just one.

King in Yellow chapter 9 . 9/26/2006
Please forgive me for not writing a review as deep and thoughtful as those you have written for me. Other than my missing one temporal clue in an earlier chapter I really like how you are dealing with the flow of time here. You drop just enough information to give the reader a sketch of what has happened. While that has been true throughout the story I thought it was particularly effective in this chapter.

On a personal note, I sometimes feel bad because my own works do not receive as many reviews as I might like. And then I look at a really nice piece of writing like this, which has received even fewer... It gives me a certain amount of comfort in my own case. It makes me feel a certain sympathy for you - or perhaps you've been around longer and are more accustomed to reviewers being somewhat irregular. But I wish more people would respond with some sort of acknowledgement to a nice piece of writing.

KiY
RI100014 chapter 6 . 9/14/2006
Family life in a dangerous business where the people you work against don't care about bring your family into the fold, thats a stressful life.

Good job, I like your explanation of why the other agencies are falling to the Syndicate's pockets.

Not the sole reason, as you state, but a deeply personal one for our maturing Kim Stoppable.

Good job, keep up the work. Kinda interested how this stress is effected their marriage, I'm sure there's been alot of heated shouting matches and tearful apologizes of late in the Stoppable household.