Reviews for Bound by Duty
Prince Pondincherry chapter 3 . 4/29
I'm amused that you put a location note in the middle of a scene as they entered Rohan. It did help emphasize how big a change it seemed for Lothiriel.
guest chapter 21 . 8/7/2020
A sudden and unappealing arranged marriage, which duty can't let her refuse. She handled with dignity and her try to figure out why he chose her was interesting. As they get to know each other, at least they had a nice friendship which was fortunate and the road to love was nicely written. I like how you presented the fact of being a foreigner and stranger to a new land and culture, and the hostile treatment from certain people. At least she managed to have a few friends, she needed to feel she has support, although during her ruling without Eomer, she dealt with those against her with the best way. I love the role of the dog Hasopad, his antics were amusing but he was a loyal guard. An awesome story!
MythologicalMango chapter 21 . 2/11/2020
This was fantastic! And I think my favorite so far! Thank you for sharing it!
Boramir chapter 18 . 12/24/2019
Maybe I'm cynical but my first assumption upon hearing that Cereth ran to sing Lothiriel's praises to Eomer was that he was trying to cover his own backside by complimenting the Queen before she could tell her husband what a pain-in-the-ass a certain Lord was while the King was away.

If I were in Lothiriel's place I would certainly tell Eomer privately but take no action against Cereth yet wait and see if he is truly reformed or if you need to squash him (if so do it publicly make sure everyone sees that it is fair but also that there is a line that they don't want to cross).
ambereyes55 chapter 21 . 11/7/2019
Beautiful story. Been reading it a few times throughout the years. Thank you for sharing...
xXMizz Alec VolturiXx chapter 21 . 8/21/2019
Really lovely
AmandaBaker852 chapter 21 . 12/26/2018
I really like the scenario. I imagine Eomer is more familiar with horses and warfare then wooing women.
Anon chapter 13 . 6/5/2017
I like the line about the YOUNG king ;)
Anon chapter 6 . 6/4/2017
I am glad Lothiriel is resolute to make the best of it. A simpering dour maid is not attractive even in writing
sai19 chapter 21 . 12/9/2016
so so so wonderful! Short and sweet, loved the poem in ch 1 and the way you wrapped things up in the epilogue :)
Sarah chapter 21 . 9/29/2016
I've read this story 3 or 4 times and I seem to come back to it about once a year. It's refreshing to have a character that has real emotions, but makes the actual right choices for the most part; yet it's not preachy. She just isn't stupid and her life is blessed for it. I'm a picky reader, so I can see how this stands head and shoulders over most of your peers.
Anon chapter 21 . 7/25/2016
I would have put Eomer to task even more if put in a similar situation. Feeling that no one wants you at your own wedding is just wretched behaviour from anyone even someone marrying for duty.
Anon chapter 12 . 7/25/2016
I am glad that you are keeping Eomer and Lothiriel in character. Lothiriel tries to be sensible even in crisis and Eomer is good at reading people. It usually destroys the enjoyment of the story if a good leader of men, good judge of character and wonderfully doting and perceptive brother is suddenly totally unable to even slightly understand his wife. I'm glad you went the opposite route. It is so much more gratifying to read.
Anon chapter 9 . 7/25/2016
I like that you balance light and happy moments with angsty ones. It is so much better to read than those stories that only have a happy ending and everything else is angst, drama and uncertainty. Love this style!
RandomFandoms14 chapter 15 . 8/12/2015
Hang in there Lothi! You can do it!