Reviews for Dreams of Knight Final Fantasy VIII
dissolvingbonds chapter 7 . 7/19/2007
Great stuff. I've been meaning to review these latest chapters for a while. I like the hints of a Seifer/Quistis pairing.. Always thought they’d be a fairly good pairing.

Btw, IIRC, I think you forgot about the Timber party getting the Magical Lamp (Diablos) from Cid, before they leave the garden to go on the mission.. Unless, of course, you purposely didn’t mention that, and are intending to mention that later on in a flashback or something.. lol
Angry Girl chapter 7 . 4/17/2007
This is so bloody good truly it is you are adding so much detail to the characters thoughts and how they act! lol I did laugh at when Squall saved Watts though hehe Squall nearly loosing his life in that situation? and his thoughts on the fact? very funny! Are you going to do Seifer/Quistis? I'm not against that but Im curious and the like reading the scenes between them.

I also loved Squalls comment to Selphie about the undead already being dead hehe I really hope to see more of this ) well done
Estarc chapter 7 . 3/23/2007
Yeah, the forest owls are a bunch of morons.

What the Hell is Cid talking about? And I think it was a good idea, changing the kidnapping. Made it more plausible. The boss battle with the undead monster was BORING though...

I eagerly await the next update of your fabulous FanFiction. I'm glad you decided to write this.
Estarc chapter 6 . 3/23/2007
Yes, a hint. Well, whatever, dude. That's what FanFiction is all about.

Very interesting chapter. I like all the little changes, and I really like Seifer's escape scenes. It is enjoyable to read. Poor Quistis, though. She tried so hard to stop him. Poor cadet, too.
Estarc chapter 5 . 3/23/2007
God, it was so embarrassing watching Laguna do that in the game... I like Squall though (I dreamed I was a moron...). LOL.

No lamp? What about Diablos?
Estarc chapter 4 . 3/22/2007
*sigh* Never really liked the fact that Squall was so cruel to Quistis. Makes me sad.

Yeah, still very, very good (got tired of saying excellent). We're definitely getting a deeper look into the characters, and you're improving an already excellent story. This is an excellent (argh, I said it again) read.
Estarc chapter 3 . 3/22/2007
Ah, as awesome as the game exam was, with a few improvements. This emphasizes the fact that they are actually killing people. Makes it more intense. I wonder what that would be like? And yes, still excellent. You aren't going to make me say that every chapter, are you? ;)
Estarc chapter 2 . 3/22/2007
Another very good chapter. I have always really liked FFVI, and I'm very pleased you decided to do a rewrite. It is excellent so far. I can't wait to read the whole thing. :)
Estarc chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
Wow, and excellent first chapter! U really like the small changes you've made, and already we've seen a whole plethora of extra character development! This is looking really good, and I'm glad I stumbled across it. Final Fantasy VI was an excellent game, and if this story continues like this, your story will be just as good, if not better.
SJSilver chapter 7 . 2/20/2007
Good chapter. I liked the dialog between Deling and the SeeDs. It made the fake Deling seem more badass and in controll. I've noticed that you've made all the chapters a little longer then you might see in other FF8 novelizations. Each chapter being a long segment of the game. While personaly I like to break the segments up a little more into more chapters, I do like the way your going about doing this. The reader gets to read more of the story and get farther into teh game. Plus I figure you have to since your adding on more background story and extra scenes, like the one with Seifer and Quistis. Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll be looking out for the next chapter.
Susan chapter 7 . 2/18/2007
I am really glad you updated. I liked the Seifer and Quintis scene. I felt it explained how they got to Timber. I also felt the scene at the end of the chapter was a nice touch.
Bebedora chapter 6 . 2/12/2007
So glad to see an update!

I'm liking the whole Seifer/Quistis thing-I think this will get interesting!

I also liked the way you described Rinoa's room on the train, she REALLY seems like the "princess" with all that pink and perfume around!

Looking forward to the next update!
Susan chapter 6 . 2/11/2007
I love what you are doing with this story. The assualt on the tv station scene is coming up soon so I wonder if you can show what happens after Seifer left with the sorceress. Any novalization of the game never showed what happened when Seifer meet the Sorceress for the first time in person on the other side of the magic door. Another thing that isn't shown in novalizations is after Edea becomes herself after the fight at Galbadia Garden then what. Is there any more interaction between her and the characters after Riona became unconcious or did Edea teleport straight out of the room to go back to her husband. When Edea came back to Cid after all those years of being possessed would be a good scene to write. I hope you don't mind my suggestions. I really would like to read what happens next so please update soon.
SJSilver chapter 6 . 2/11/2007
Another good chapter. I like how you had Squall react to Rinoa in her room, it was funny even though it was awkward for Squall. I like the scene with Quistis and Seifer too, keep that extra material coming!
SJSilver chapter 5 . 2/7/2007
WOW...the phrase "shit loads of game detail and discription" doesnt quite cover this story. I really like how you have expanded the game's original story line with new scenes and new dialog between characters while still retaining the original plot. I like your portrail of Squall, he's the anti-social and untrusting lone wolf but he's still human. He still has human emotion no matter how hard he hides, as evident with his reaction to Rinoa at the SeeD Ball. There are plenty of holes and gaps in FF8's story that can be filled in with original material and I am looking forward to seeing how you fill them in. Keep the chapters coming!

PS- I'm writing a novelization of FF8 as well, its actually my first story here. It's called Operation Witch Killer. If you have time, I'd really appreciate it if you could read through it and let me know what you think or leave me some suggestions. I would take them under serious consideration. Thanks!