Reviews for The Ups and Downs Of Being Ann
LikeSynonymsForJoy chapter 19 . 6/10/2013
I read this story years ago and I may have reviewed it once, but I just read it through a second time and I think it deserves more and more praise.

I love Harvest Moon fanfiction. I seek it out all the time and I am so picky about what I read. Finding this absolute gem of a story is truly the high point of my fanfiction searches. It and its companion piece have always been my absolute favorites, among drabbles, 'two-shots,' multi-chapter, and standalone tales. The Ups and Downs of Being Ann has always stood out in my mind as an untouchably brilliant piece of work. It could almost be an original story with new characters and settings. You have made each and every character your own and given them life that nearly all fanfiction writers lack in their characters.

Thank you for the effort and brilliance put into this story. I know I will come back to read it again and again. I love your writing style and your characterization. I hope you're involved in writing as a profession or at least as a hobby, because you have such a gift! I would certainly scramble to read a book if you ever wrote one.

Good luck in your future writings!
Openforsuggestions chapter 19 . 4/8/2011
I read this story a while back, but never commented.

-This is by far the best story i have read on here! Your detail to all the characters and everything going on really made it exciting to read. The pairing is great and the problems each characters faced made it difficult to stop reading.

-The stories I've read by you so far are all really amazing. Keep writing you're talented :)
raining in august chapter 19 . 11/6/2010
Okay, I know this is like three years late or something, but I just want to drop a note that this is a wonderful story. Aww ... I really loved the ending although it was sort of unexpected. I thought Ann and Cliff would get together! (:

Great writing! So cute, thanks for writing this. _
Metakaze chapter 19 . 8/8/2008
wow, great story! a little bit too much Cliann for my tastes, and I also hated that Elli and Tim got married. But, with Jack intersted in Ann, what're you going to do besides make up a random OC, right? But, the Jann made me forget about it. SLIGHTLY.

I hope that you have more stories like this one!
Metakaze chapter 3 . 8/8/2008
wow, this is awesome! great job!
Momo-chan12 chapter 7 . 10/12/2007
Yeah, I finally got to read this again!I'm so sorry it took me this long but I'm really happy to read this, I just had to know what would ,that was a really dramatic chapter!No,I don't want Ann to be with Cliff,she has to be with Jack I tell you!Aww,Mary and Gray seem so sweet together,I just love them both(squee)Awesome chapter,I'm so anxious to know what'll happen next,super job!
Momo-chan12 chapter 6 . 9/16/2007
woah!this was such an awesome chapter as always!oh so Ann and Cliff are a couple?Ah,then why didnt she say I love you back to CLiff?Does she really like him or does she still like Jack?oh the confusion,lol my brain hurts-to the hospital!

I love this story and it just gets better and better!
Momo-chan12 chapter 5 . 9/16/2007
I loved this chapter Kyaa!I just loved the part where Ann and Cliff stared and she began to see all these things about him,wow now that was good!woah,will this mean Ann and Cliff will be a couple?Will Karen ever make Jack eat her bad cooking?Lol!This story rocks,wait to go Moonlit
Momo-chan12 chapter 4 . 9/16/2007
noo,the suspense!ah no,why is Jack dating Karen?oh,poor Ann I feel so sad for her(pouts)The drama is really building up and I love where this is going!Amazing chapter,lol Im going to go insane if I dont read the next chapter!
Momo-chan12 chapter 3 . 9/16/2007
Aww,what a cute chapter!Ann got a kiss,woohoo!Ahh,I love this even more now you're an excellent writer and this story is so awesome!I wonder what'll happen next,will Ann ask about the kiss?I need to read it~_
Momo-chan12 chapter 2 . 9/15/2007
oh yah,this was another awesome chapter!wow,I just love your writing style it has the right amount of detail and dialogue,and it always keeps me like the idea of Ann and Mary as best friends,thats a great ,just a friend?Lol I thought Ann would kill Jack after he said that,I could just imagine it in my head!Must read more,this is too good!
Momo-chan12 chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Wow,I like this alot!yay you wrote about Ann,I'm so happy shes one of my all-time fave characters and its awesome that you wrote a story about her!I can't wait to see what happens when Ann meets Jack and what'll happen next,to the next chapter!Great work so far,I like it and I really want to see what'll happen next.
The Scarlet Sky chapter 19 . 9/5/2007
Hey, I get to be your one-hundred fourtieth reviewer! Do I feel special or what?

Well, I'd actually been meaning to read this for a while...I'd see it and think, "This sounds like a good story-oh, wait, I don't have time to read it now." Sorry about that. ;

I have to tell you, it got better and better with each chapter. I think it's always that way, though...most people are like when they write. (Well, I know I am, anyway.)

So! Ann! Excellent portrayal of her right here. And I loved how she was friends with Mary-and you did indeed stick some Grary in there! Grary lovers unite! Haha. And Cliff x Nami...they're perfect together. Really, I love Cliann, but Clami (is that what it's called?) is lovely, too.

In all: good story, great job, and good luck with your other fics! Happy writing!
Jay Bird12 chapter 19 . 8/19/2007
I saw the first chapter of the sequel to this story, and I haven't read it yet, but it looked like it could be interesting so I decided, eh, why not read the first story?

I then clicked over, saw 19 chapters, and got very discouraged.

An hour, a few cookies, and some stretch breaks later, I'm going to say it was well worth the effort of reading. I loved it. There were a few parts of the story that I felt could have been handled differently, but they were such small things that I can't even think of them now. Overall, it was very interesting and well written, and I think I may just have to read the sequel. :)
Ekoaleko chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Lol! Just to point something stupid out, I realized you updated on 07-07-07. XD ah... alright, this is a dumb review.

seeya o.O