Reviews for The Next Morning
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 8/12
Great fic
Truckee Gal chapter 1 . 4/24
Scarlett was too young to see that Ashley was already a coward when Scarlett was 16 years old! He didn't tell her, before the Twelve Oaks barbecue, that he was marrying Melanie, which showed his cruelty. Had he manned up, Scarlett wouldn't be blind-sided and stubbornly hanging on like a terrier for so many wasted years. Now, gypsymuse, your turn of events gives Rhett and Scarlett a chance to "hit the reset button" in a timely fashion ... a second honeymoon! Rhett showers his love on his wife instead of doting on his daughter and Bonnie doesn't become a spoiled, imperial brat. This may well save the Butler marriage and Bonnie's life, which makes me very happy!
TinkStar87 chapter 1 . 3/17
Oh how i love this! REALLY wish it had happened like this. Wonder how the rest of the story would have gone if so... Thanks for posting. Added to favorites. Read ya Later ;)
LizzyAtTheLake chapter 1 . 9/17/2016
Yay! A happily ever after...instead of a massive cliff hanger!
kmduncan95 chapter 1 . 6/7/2016
This was so good! I wish you would come back and write more! You captured Rhett and Scarlett so wonderfully!
brandosiren chapter 1 . 10/23/2015
Aw, this was well-written and made me really happy! Your characterization was great as well and I enjoyed how you didn't have Scarlett realize she loved him in the end just for the novelty of it. Thank you so much for writing!
I-Was-Here2345 chapter 1 . 5/26/2015
I first snuck and watched this at seven read at ten at 16 read again at 28 discovered Fanfiction now I Finaly get them back together lov d this
Berseker chapter 1 . 1/7/2015
This was amazing. You got the characters and the dialogue so well and uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh omg these two, why must they hurt me so. It was an amazing read (omg this fic is like nine years old. talk about aging well)
SarRansom chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
This was absolutely lovely, thanks for sharing.
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
Very nicely written. I always wondered what would have happened if he hadn't run away from her that morning. She had been so happy...things could have been vastly different.
Moonflower26 chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
The best morning after fic ever! Very enlightening conversation between two adults who finally decided to be honest with each other.
My favorite line had been about loving a person for their faults and not in spite of them being the greatest gift.
The-What-If-chapters chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
I...That was amazing. I don't know what to say...But I loved that story
Deep Forest Green chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
The dialogue here is excellent! Sounds like it comes straight from the book. I especially like your portrayal of Scarlett. I hate it when people make her out to be an evil conniving bitch who used Rhett when really it was the other way around. You're right in that she only did what she had to do to survive, and she did genuinely care about her home and her parents (and Mammy, even though she doesn't realize it). She had to do battle with the restrictions that were placed on women at the time, and it's not really her fault that she went back to Rhett even after he abused her, because women were just supposed to expect abusive relationships and there wasn't any form of counseling. All this is foreshadowed very well with Ellen and her relationship with her cousin Phillippe.
uhuhuhuhuhuhu chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
This makes me happy.
I'll need to change the canon ending to this in my mind this so I can finally relax.
festinalente50 chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
I just love, love, love your story! Rhett and Scarlett are exactly as I picture them, so totally within character IMHO.

I love that great sex is a total eyeopener for Scarlett, so much so that rather than getting all huffy about how Rhett has abused her, she has a life-altering moment. Scarlett is very much an instinctual person with natural intelligence who knows what she knows, and knows what she doesn't know. Self-understanding is the key to a happy life - for anyone! Delude yourself, and you make yourself and others around you unhappy! So she stops to think, what does last night mean? And she goes from there, doesn't blame Rhett yet again, but realizes, this does mean something. Give Rhett a chance, have a conversation, act like an adult by speaking honestly and see what happens.

I love as well that Rhett gives Scarlett a chance. He finally lets her know what she has done to him for the past 10 years. One-sided love is total hell for such a passionate man with so much pride. Scarlett's immature love for horribly weak Ashley is the stuff of great fiction but there is nothing like true love. However, as Shakespeare said, "The course of true love never did run smooth."

Then there is this one, which your story epitomizes so beautifully: β€œHe looked so lost, so soulful, so lonely. I wanted him to kiss me now. I wanted to let him know I was his for all eternity.”

Scarlett and Rhett are not going to be as in "When Harry Met Sally" - β€œI love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” However, I do like to think that they think and breathe each other the rest of their lives.

These are great characters. Your story did them justice - thank you, thank you, thank you!

I hope you have written other stories - you are the best! I will mention your story to every fanfic writer in the GWTW universe.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »